Who I am?

Taryn

Reaction score
Does anybody agree that being HoH or Deaf define who they are? I don't mean it in a bad way or anything but do you feel that it is the reason you are who you are today? Like I feel that I am shy and a little insecure because as a child I was always teased about my hearing aids. Do you guys understand what I mean?

I pretend to be deaf that's who I am. Even people thought I'm hearing. I laugh off my ass and told them that I don't know I act like hearing. But I'm deaf. really!

first of all i am hearing so take whatever i say at that.
I think that being deaf does define a person, but only as much as another trait, like being a guy or girl/ white or black or hispanic ect./ sloppy or a neat freak. i wish more hearing people would take being deaf like that rather than "ooohhhh, sooo sory, blah blah blah whatever. know what i mean?

Hmm..I think to a point it defines who I am. But I also have other traits. I will admit, I'm very proud of my deaf culture self, and that I have one foot in one "world" and one foot in the other.
All that annoys me about hearing people, is how they automatically assume that they should write down everything they say. They may think it's polite, and I get that, but it's so annoying because my handwriting is horrible.
All in all, yes I do feel like being hoh has made me who I am today :)

-Krista

Back