Who here is on a Hearing/Deaf relationship now?

Frankly, i prefer to date with a deaf guy as long as he can understand me. If he is hearing, i am sure that i will have trouble communicating w him unless he is willing to sign fluently and more considering enough. It is the best for deaf guy and lady to be coupled so that they can have mutual understanding and similar deaf culture.

Hearing people need time to understand deaf culture first before moving into an relationship with the deafies. Am i right? But in worth my 2 cents of thought, it actually can depend on the virtues of people like characters besides communication.

I understand communication is the essential tool in relationship.

Just wondering. Does the Hearing person know sign language?

Hmm. I know a few deaf ladies, but I'm more interested in a long-term relationship before anything TOO serious begins to happen. I also know a few hearing ladies who are pretty good at ASL, but I prefer a deaf lady, though-- things go far more smoother with a deaf lady than it would with a hearing one, but I'd be open to a relationship with a hearing lady who knows ASL REALLY WELL. Not beginners, and not people in the middle of college-- those who either have family members or friends who know ASL, then they are okay.

I'm hoh, boyfriend is hearing. We got together when I was hearing too.

I'm learning ASL through my community college. Sign 5 starts soon--how exciting! My boyfriend has picked some up just from what he sees me doing. He says he'd like to get to know it more to make it easier for me. I love the hell out of him. ♥

Have been down that road. I made few mistake trying to have or maintaining a hearing-deaf relationship. I didn't enjoy it very much. I would love to focus on things to improve my relationship with that person.

Teaching ASL is fine, but I get tired of teaching ASL in a relationship. It would be easier with someone who is fluent.
*and french fries are .99 cents*....

Back