Who Have Usher Syndrome type one?

*Starfish87*

Reaction score
I am curious who have usher syndrome type one?

I think Pinky678 but she is gone getting married at the moment.

it must be difficult to get pay attention while someone is on side and miss 360° vision.

Could you explain "type 1"?
Usher Syndrome type one means that when you are born profoundly deaf in both ears, starting to have a nightblindness at about ten years old, also have a poor balance. There are three different types. Type two means that when you are born hard of hearing in both ears, starting to have vision problems at teenager. Type three means that when you are born hearing both ears up until adult - will lose all hearing both ears, start to lose the vision at adult.

Usher Syndrome type one means that when you are born profoundly deaf in both ears, starting to have a nightblindness at about ten years old, also have a poor balance. There are three different types. Type two means that when you are born hard of hearing in both ears, starting to have vision problems at teenager. Type three means that when you are born hearing both ears up until adult - will lose all hearing both ears, start to lose the vision at adult.

Not always, some deaf people with US (either 1 or 2) don't have vision issue at after adult, even some of them don't have any difficult to see in dark in later, never in some cases, it's depends on each individual.

What if the hearing problem and vision problems are of different types?

What do you mean?
You said...

Type 1:
- born profoundly deaf in both ears
- start having nigh-blindness around the age of 10
- poor balance

Type 2:
- born hearing in both ears
- vision problems as teenager

Type 3:
- born hearing, then become deaf as adult
- lose vision as adult

So, what if a person with Ushers Syndrome was born deaf but had no night-vision problems... or was born hearing with night-vision problems? Which type would those be? Type 1-2? Type 1A? Type 2B?

You said...

Type 1:
- poor balance

Type 2:
- born hearing in both ears
- vision problems as teenager

Type 3:
- born hearing, then become deaf as adult
- lose vision as adult

So, what if a person with Ushers Syndrome was born deaf but had no night-vision problems... or was born hearing with night-vision problems? Which type would those be? Type 1-2? Type 1A? Type 2B?
Yeah, you are right. For example, I have first met one little girl who was about four years old, she was born deaf and her vision started to get worse way before when she was ten. That's probably would be type 1B. There are genes that doctors can figure out which genes that you have and then they will tell you which type you have. Each person with Usher Syndrome have different Usher genes. Am i making any sense?

Mod's note:

Thread's moved to proper location.

Hey I am back here. I got your post on my profile. You made your own thread. I have my own thread before you. I am not sure which is type A or B. is Usher Syndrome and RP are same?? Or little different? My ophthalmologist said I have a Retina as RP. Do you drive?? I can't drive. :( My husband and my mom think I am lucky I can't drive because of stupid gas price and car insurance and payment are expensive. I really want to drive instead of bus. Ohh well. It's hard to accept.

You said...

Type 1:
- poor balance

Exactly! It from in my genetic family
I started to have a night-blindness at age 10. You're right! I do have problem with balance when I started to walk when I was baby. Finally, I started walk when I was 2 through my grandma got me a toy cart with walker. It helped me to walk. I can't do gymnastics's balance beam, skateboard, surfboard with legs moving. Because my balance is poor! I can walk and run like normal and very well. It's weird!

Honestly, I never wear a thick lenses on glasses. My lenses is thin. It's weird! I can see anything like normal expect night. I can see belong the lights at night. But if people try to talk to me with sign hands at dark. I told them. I can't see it. I need to put light on.

Exactly! It from in my genetic family
I started to have a night-blindness at age 10. You're right! I do have problem with balance when I started to walk when I was baby. Finally, I started walk when I was 2 through my grandma got me a toy cart with walker. It helped me to walk. I can't do gymnastics's balance beam, skateboard, surfboard with legs moving. Because my balance is poor! I can walk and run like normal and very well. It's weird!

Honestly, I never wear a thick lenses on glasses. My lenses is thin. It's weird! I can see anything like normal expect night. I can see belong the lights at night. But if people try to talk to me with sign hands at dark. I told them. I can't see it. I need to put light on.

When you wear the glasses, you can't see in the dark with glasses on but suddenly you can see without them? Is that any similarity to you, Mrs Pffty?

When you wear the glasses, you can't see in the dark with glasses on but suddenly you can see without them? Is that any similarity to you, Mrs Pffty?

I can wear a glasses for all days. But I am still can't see at night with dark. I can see without glasses at night but I can see the lights belong to everywhere. But the sign on road is a blurring. It's same as daytime and night. I can see without glasses and sign language to communicate in daytime. But read on letters it's blurring

I can wear a glasses for all days. But I am still can't see at night with dark. I can see without glasses at night but I can see the lights belong to everywhere. But the sign on road is a blurring. It's same as daytime and night. I can see without glasses and sign language to communicate in daytime. But read on letters it's blurring

Thats funny, about few years ago, I was walking in the dark, I couldn't see very well with my old glasses on, but I took it off, and i could see in the dark.. weird. But now, I am fine :confused:

Thats funny, about few years ago, I was walking in the dark, I couldn't see very well with my old glasses on, but I took it off, and i could see in the dark.. weird. But now, I am fine :confused:

That can be bad. It can come from bleeding in the retina. I had this a few years ago and it made a scar on the macula and now my vision is messed up and wavery in my right eye. The doctor said I had ocular histoplasmosis. You can get it in the midwest just from walking around in the grass. Only if unlucky does it get your eyes.

But if you suddenly can't see you should get checked by a doctor even if it seems alright later.

Its OK now, that was about 3 or 4 years ago. I have cataract something spots in my eyes - which affected from the rubella when I was born

Its OK now, that was about 3 or 4 years ago. I have cataract something spots in my eyes - which affected from the rubella when I was born

My stepsister's kids had a surgery for cataract. They're wear a glasses now.

Do you mean bad blood in eyeballs?? I am trying to research for Stem Cell will heal RP and US. But in China is legal for stem cell.

That can be bad. It can come from bleeding in the retina. I had this a few years ago and it made a scar on the macula and now my vision is messed up and wavery in my right eye. The doctor said I had ocular histoplasmosis. You can get it in the midwest just from walking around in the grass. Only if unlucky does it get your eyes.

But if you suddenly can't see you should get checked by a doctor even if it seems alright later.

Back