Who going Atlanta, GA?

i met Y and Brian there but didnt get pix..

so I took the pic of Rebelgirl, TweetyBird, AngelofRoses and her Hubby...

Attachments

• th_ADgroup.jpg
    th_ADgroup.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 20
RebelGirl said:
ohhhhh its DAMNNNN HUGE!!!!!! Deaf Expo was right down the road from the airport.. you can feel the vibration on the ground when the plane takes off or land.
Yeah, while waiting for the bus at the bus stop to go back to the subway station, many planes were flying above - too close to me. :lol:

If you noticed the huge bridge stabs (to support/hold the bridge/overpasses)next to the convention center, it is the airport's fifth runway that is under construction.

And, fei ku and anyone else: The airport in Atlanta currently the busiest airport in the world. Both Atlanta and Chicago have fought for that number one slot as the busiest airport in the world since the early 1990's.

No, I can't go... Just same what Sweetheart said.

There's DeafNation Expo in LA area, in Pomona, CA but it was already started in late April, I don't go here yet. I think that Seattle have own one too.

Brian said:
Yeah, I was there on Saturday. I am glad I did! :)

In case anyone wondering which one I was. I was that hopelessly, confused-looking dude carrying his navy-coloured backpack, wearing green (the kind of Army's colour) t-shirt and white-washed (?) blue jean short. :lol:
I met TweetyBird there. I recongised her from several snapshots here, so I asked if she was TweetyBird. A nice lady! :cheers:

I didn't get to meet RebelGirl and other people from here there. :( I think I saw a longtime AllDeaf member from Florida, but I lost her in the crowd. :lol: There were so many people there - I would say at least 3,000 or so. Some came from far as California, New York, Texas, etc. The lady at the information desk told me that her estimate was nearly 10,000 people were at the convention center at the time - not all were for the DeafNation Expo though.

I had a great time though I wished I stayed a little longer. I also ran into so many people I knew from Tennessee that I haven't seen in over 15 years. It sure was nice seeing them there!

Soo... I met two members from AllDeaf since November, last year. The first one I ran into at a deaf social in Tennessee. Nice dude, cool to chat with. :cheers:

Keep in mind, I know several members here long before the Internet got so popular.

I apologise for this long post!

yeah you're right.. there was about 3,000 people.. but wish I had met you though.. I met alot of different people.. it was awesome! I'd go again next year.

Maybe we'll meet one day! who knows!

TweetyBird said:
i met Y and Brian there but didnt get pix..

so I took the pic of Rebelgirl, TweetyBird, AngelofRoses and her Hubby...

Send me that pix and i'll make it bigger for you. its too small.. couldn't see that good.. also .. i suggest you put it in alldeaf pix thread too so everyone could see it too. hugs! :ily:

RebelGirl said:
yeah you're right.. there was about 3,000 people.. but wish I had met you though.. I met alot of different people.. it was awesome! I'd go again next year.

Maybe we'll meet one day! who knows!
Me too, I hope we'd meet there. After seeing the snapshot TweetyBird posted, I think I did see you couple of times that day.

I hope next year they will have it somewhere on the northside of Atlanta, or better in smaller places like Chattanooga or Birmingham.

Yeah, maybe we'll meet one day. :)

Back