Who enjoys being a bird watcher?

e

Reaction score
i do!

i dont do that often but i happen to be lucky every once in a while i caught rare species that ive never seen before as wild in this area. i happen to have a bird encyclopedia and a binocular to grab in time to study the bird's behavior and feather pattern.
last week, i caught a cute female black-and-white warbler pecking and digging in bark of tree for past 10 minutes to look for bugs. i dont think ever saw this kind of bird around here.
Black%20and%20white%20Warbler.jpg

a few years ago, i caught a ring-necked pheasant roaming in my backyard. unfortunately, i couldnt find binocular in time to take a closer look for sex and exact species but i believe it was a ring-necked pheasant. it stayed in my backyard briefly. a couple of weeks later, an article in newspaper was talking about several residents of this county where i live noticed the same type of bird roaming around.
6Ring-necked_Pheasant-5.JPG

i guess i could say this is a small hobby of mine to enjoy the nature.
i hope some of you out there have same interest in this! :)

Interesting, I don't believe I see that kind of birds in my back yard, I do like to watch birds once in a while but lately I see alot of deers in the back and front yard which I enjoy watching them every time I look out of the window or if I am on my way out of the door....

It's beautiful to see all the deers walking by eachothers and even have their babies beside them....Roadrunner and I usually throw breads and apples out and watch them eat it, now they aren't scare of us anymore like they used to.....

:lol: i was just talking abt birds with friends on IMs haha -- i too like to watch the birds in the wild :thumb: they can be VERY amazing creatures!

I enjoy watching bald eagles, eagles and hawks especially when they are preying on fish in the rivers. We have a lot of them out here so it is always amazing to just stop in tracks and watch them in action - graceful yet powerful.

I dont have any birds in my yard at all cuz the kids scare them away. But my mom got a lot of bird feeders in her yard so there are bunch of birds in her yards. :D

i watch birds.. the rednecked woodpecker, the golden back woodpecker, blue jays, cardinals, orlies (sp?), sparrows u gotta thank sparrows.. they eat mosquitoes like 100,000 per day

most of all.. LOONS are beautiful.... u gotta watch them all day to catch them FLY! they sure fly fast!..

also.. Eagle, hawks, and Owls are interesting to watch :D

tekkmortal said:
Yeah you can see hawks flying overhead to eat small birds.
really? i always see small birds pecking on hawks..

u can see blue jay eatting other birds' eggs

I just got new birdfeeder for my bday from my mom. First bird I ever saw in my life just now last week was that black and white warbler. I have been watching birds all my life and even have bird enclyodiea (sp?) since I was little girl, will pass my traits to my boys.

birds here are different in east coast than I used to live in Texas. Love it! Common daily birds we have seen here is cardinals, robins, morning doves, chickadees, finches (yellow) and warblers. occassionaly woodpeckers....am looking forward in spring for more colorful birds.

we have vultures here. they are nasty looking. i have seen sparrows chasing vultures. crack me up.

I do!!

When I was about 14, I wanted become a VET.. Met VET who know sign language.. He intived me to come over and help around in the vet.. I went in OR with him to watch the male cat getting neutered and declawed..
Uh... I fainted.. lol. on the way home... mom said.. what do you think?
I said.. uhh.. I cant be a vet.. I am going to be bird watcher.. that summer, I studied all kinds of birds and went to wildress camp.. I love it.. they are beauty!!..
my dad found out that i was really serious being a bird watcher.. he decided tell the truth that it didnt earn $$.. rofl..
but I am glad that i knew most of birds.. but e... that female black-and-white warbler are rare to see with that beautiful stripes.. here female warblers are brown/ white.. male warblers are brown, black and white.. some gray..
Most male birds are always beautiful than females.. hehe.

they are fun to watch and study their behavior patterns.. even feed them..

I love watching the birds in our backyard, and at the beach.

This time of year our backyard feeders are full of goldfinches. Other birds here now are cardinals, chickadees, tufted titmouse, doves, sparrows, carolina wrens, sapsuckers, woodpeckers, and hawks.

When I was in Australia - I'd see flocks of wild Sulfur-Crested Cockatoos, the pink Galahs...some magpies.

I loved it when I'd visit someone's home, I'd get the opportunity to hand feed King Parrots, Rosella, Rainbow Lorikeet and Kookaburras.

These days -- I get to see Blue Jays and the small sparrows...crows/ravens.

I like watching birds, those rat on wings (pigeons) blackbirds, wrens, and all those little birds. I saw a hummingbird last year.

Saw my first robin of the year today! I was surprised to see one this early.

saw waxwing. woodpecker yesterday along with black and white warbler. so cool.

Attachments

• red-bellied woodpecker.jpg
    red-bellied woodpecker.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 4
R3na3Blyth3 said:
When I was in Australia - I'd see flocks of wild Sulfur-Crested Cockatoos, the pink Galahs...some magpies.

I loved it when I'd visit someone's home, I'd get the opportunity to hand feed King Parrots, Rosella, Rainbow Lorikeet and Kookaburras.

These days -- I get to see Blue Jays and the small sparrows...crows/ravens.

Yes, it remind me too when I was in Australia with my family last 2000/01. It's beautiful color birds flying everywhere free.

Anyway, we enjoy to look at birds. The eagles flied everywhere until one day the eagle stand at my garden to close my house and look at us.

yep, I do during Spring time.. I sit outside by the porch and drink coffee in early morning and watch birds flew.. AHHHH my cats stared at the birds!! :smash:

Back