Whistling

NEWIDME

Reaction score
Does it hurt your ears when someone whistles? It does mine. To me, it's like someone scratching a chalk board w/ their nails. What do you say to get the person to stop if they are buggin your ears. I say, stop it, you are hurting my ears:pissed:!

she has this dolphin type noise..and it drives me upppp the wall!!! i plug my ears/turn my ha off!

Do you get yelled at for turning them off? My ex used to yell me at all the time but I couldn't deal w/ his name calling and emotional abuse, so my HAs saved me from that. My mom yells at me when I turn them off while we drive and Ellie is crying. She says that it is not fair that she has to hear Ellie cry but not me. My son stopped having tantrums because I tell him that I am turning them off. hehehe.

haha no my mom usually doesnt notice when i turn them off..i just pretend im playing with my hair n then turn it off lol..or to make a point i actually just yank out my ha..when my bf is having a lil tantrum i turn it off or just sit there and nod but with a blank expression lmao...i dont have kids (yet) im only 19...but when i do i bet that would be handy! lol

Too bad if they get mad! You're deaf/hh and you have the right to enjoy that when you can! Everything else is hard because of your hearing loss - you have to work harder to catch on what people are saying, etc. So turn those suckers off if you need to. ;)

My sister said once to me that I was lucky that I don't have to hear babies cry and throw tantrums. I said softly, "No, I'm not lucky. Because it also means I don't hear the first words. The cooing. And the sweet laughter." She shut up and never mentioned it again.

Excuse me, I thought someone was signaling for me! :io:

Excuse me, I thought someone was signaling for me! :io:

:lol:

I cannot stand people especially my family whistling ... somehow, it's so annoying! and yes, it does hurt my ears that I have to quickly turn my aid off.

Are there any of you who cannot whistle at all? .... I am one of them who can't.

I cannot stand people especially my family whistling ... somehow, it's so annoying! and yes, it does hurt my ears that I have to quickly turn my aid off.

Are there any of you who cannot whistle at all? .... I am one of them who can't.

Oh, Oz....erm, Matilda, I can whistle a Sonata No 1 in F Minor Op 120 till you swoon! Lol, J/K, I can whistle but not too much in tune......:lol:

Maybe it is my whistling that will curl your toes. My whistle is really high pitch and my ex really hated it. He tried to teach me to lower the pitch but I couldn't do that.

That is okay as I don't whistle often. Just to demostrate my whistling, that is all.

I can not whistle.

i have to blow in to whistle..i can blow out once in awhile..but usually all that comes out is air and no sound lol

Too bad if they get mad! You're deaf/hh and you have the right to enjoy that when you can! Everything else is hard because of your hearing loss - you have to work harder to catch on what people are saying, etc. So turn those suckers off if you need to. ;)

My sister said once to me that I was lucky that I don't have to hear babies cry and throw tantrums. I said softly, "No, I'm not lucky. Because it also means I don't hear the first words. The cooing. And the sweet laughter." She shut up and never mentioned it again.

I never heard them called suckers, I like it.

I did think about those who can't hear when I made this post and immediately felt bad. See, I do have best of both worlds because I can turn my HA off especially when JJ or Ellie cries, whines, or has a tantrum. I think it is really important for me to recognize that. It means so much to me to be here because I don't know anyone like me. I feel good that I am not the only one who turns the HA off.

I am not saying that I feel sorry for those who can not hear because it's really a blessing - - I dunno, I don't know all the PC words to say here. I don't mean to offend anyone at all.

see, I know some of the responses are saying turn off the ha's, so that mean that you are really dependant on them? When I went to the deaf school in NM, I was one of the worst ones, I could hear less then almost all of them.... but, I was able to hear and communicate more than them and even over the phone.

I don't do well whatsoever in a crowded area, and that even includes if everyone is signing... it just drives me nuts

I do whistle, even with not so great teeth.... I bet they even made a mold of them for Halloween, that's how bad they can be... but I do talk and hear (some). They can whistle as loud as they want in my left ear, but better stay away from my right... it is sensitive to that kind of stuff, especially loud ones

i have to blow in to whistle..i can blow out once in awhile..but usually all that comes out is air and no sound lol

Ditto here. I thought I was the only one in the world who had to blow in to whistle.

Back