while its healing up

Dark-Half

Reaction score
:eek3: did you guys ever poke at it... feel at it or anything and feel a squish..... a pop... anything that felt weird? @.@ I perhaps shouldn't play with my ear anymore... or even touch around there... lol....

:eek3: did you guys ever poke at it... feel at it or anything and feel a squish..... a pop... anything that felt weird? @.@ I perhaps shouldn't play with my ear anymore... or even touch around there... lol....

Nope. Just felt numb around the implant area anyway. It took about 2 weeks to really feel the slight bump. My incision was pretty neat behind the ear and taped away with steristrips - so nothing really to touch.

Me too. I think my bump was more noticeable at first due to swelling but it went way down after a week or so. Other than that, it was pretty straight forward. I followed orders to the letter to get the maximum healing/benefit.

Me too. I think my bump was more noticeable at first due to swelling but it went way down after a week or so. Other than that, it was pretty straight forward. I followed orders to the letter to get the maximum healing/benefit.

Speaking of the healing benefit, I was wondering if you (or anyone) were given/advised to get a cream that helps with removing or reducing the scar tissue?

Speaking of the healing benefit, I was wondering if you (or anyone) were given/advised to get a cream that helps with removing or reducing the scar tissue?

My surgeon dr. told me to get antibiotic that has Bacitracin so I used Neosporin because it has Bacitracin included and it also reduces scar.

NEOSPORIN®

Boult is correct about neosporin. But no, they didn't mention to me anything about using a cream. Really, it is no big deal as one can't really tell unless one was looking right at it without the CI on.

No cream for me either. They gave me cephlaxin. I know i mispelled that but it's accurate enough. I was told to take 4 a day until the bottle's empty... @.@

I poked at mine quite a few times so I could try to get the feel of the implant but I never could. Now I can somewhat feel that it's there but it is invisible to the eye.

I was told to use Neosporin. It sure relieves the itching during the healing process. :)

aww.. >>>>> Ouch to me also faint :eek:

Hope its back normal soon !!

My surgeon prescribed antibiotic cream, but I decided to use Neosporin instead.

I poked at mine quite a few times so I could try to get the feel of the implant but I never could. Now I can somewhat feel that it's there but it is invisible to the eye.

After both of my CI surgeries, I was afraid to touch my incisions and implant sites. Part of this was due to the fear of infecting the incision even though I was using Neosporin.

In both cases, it took me 2 weeks before I was brave enough to touch the implant site. :) To my surprise, it didn't feel as protruded as I thought it would.

Interestingly enough, when I touch the implant site (just above where the magnet sits) for my right CI, it still feels numb even after a year post surgery.

I never really poked at it since my head was wrapped up pretty good. My doctor told me to put polysporin on my stitches and staples with a Q-tip to help them heal and also to make the staples easier to pull out. It has been 9 weeks since mine and I still feel a little numb in areas.

I never really poked at it since my head was wrapped up pretty good. My doctor told me to put polysporin on my stitches and staples with a Q-tip to help them heal and also to make the staples easier to pull out. It has been 9 weeks since mine and I still feel a little numb in areas.

It's been 9 years for me, and it's still a little numb in places.

My doc didn't make me put neosporin on my stiches. . . . .

I used to pick at the scar occassionally but I don't do that anymore, I think it's a digusting thing to do now.

I think it depends on what they use to close it. For my daughter's reimplantation surgery they used the dissolvable stitches and put that glue over the top of the incision area. After 4 days we were able to get it wet, but were told to NOT put any kind of creams on it because it would break it down (not sure if they were referring to the glue or the stitches!).

I think it depends on what they use to close it. For my daughter's reimplantation surgery they used the dissolvable stitches and put that glue over the top of the incision area. After 4 days we were able to get it wet, but were told to NOT put any kind of creams on it because it would break it down (not sure if they were referring to the glue or the stitches!).

Interesting. I had dissolveable stitches following my first CI surgery and nylon stitches following my second. In both cases, I was given cream to apply to my incision (although I chose to use Neosporin instead).

Whose activation are you referring to? There have been so many as of late I can't keep track. :)

LOL.. I know everyone seems to being turned on lately. I meant Dark-half, he said his activation was on the 17th. I'm excited for him!!

Good luck Dark Half! We are looking forward to a full report. I had been wondering what was happening with you.

contradica: Thanks for letting me know. I thought it may have been Dark-Half, but I didn't know for sure. :)
Dark-Half: I can't wait to read all about your activation! Hope all went well today! :)

Back