Which you perfer?

Fo'Shizzle

Reaction score
Which brand do you perfer? (cochlear implant?) Like ex: Body worn?? etc? I would like to know which is the best... Im concern. Please explain why you perfer the one you got? Thanks for your time

I'm sure people would prefer the behind-the-ear kind over the body-worn kind. :dunno:

I'm sure people would prefer the behind-the-ear kind over the body-worn kind. :dunno:

I agree. Body worns are not so comfortable as btes . One may have to wear shirts with pocket(s) when wearing a body worn kind and it sucks :ugh3:

I hear that Nucleus 24m body worn was the best out of all of them. My friend has it and has no problem with it, she puts the wires under her shirt and the box thingy behind her and clips it onto her pants. Said it's not a problem and NOOOO you don't have to buy a "special" shirt for it. Maybe for kids BUT not for adults. She loves it...... My other friend has the behind the ear one said it's freaking huge, bigger than a hearing aid. I don't know cause I've never seen his before but I have seen hers. She doesn't wear it all the time, only when she is around people so she can understand. Well, for those who has a CI tell me what brand you got... and what made you chose that one? Thanks

I agree. Body worns are not so comfortable as btes . One may have to wear shirts with pocket(s) when wearing a body worn kind and it sucks :ugh3:

For kids, they will wear pocket shirts for their CI but Adults nope, snap it onto your belt behind you. That isn't a biggie at all... Im just trying to find out what people think and why they chose what they chose! I thought you only wear hearing aids if Im not mistaken, if you do then how do you know it's uncomforable? Im just asking

Well I don't know to be honest with you. But it depends though. A friend of mine chose bodyworn since it got more features to it or somthing. I don't know much about it but thats why Im asking. I've done done reading on it. I actually got a appointment on thursday! I can't wait.

I have the Nucleus Freedom BTE (behind the ear). (I got 2 processors for my left ear, both are BTEs). Sometimes I wish I had gotten 1 BTE and 1 BWP...there are days when I wish to have nothing hanging off of my ear because my ear gets a little irritated sometimes from the BTE hanging off of it. But I have a solution, I think...when I go back to my audiologist for my next mapping, I am going to ask her to order a longer cord (11 in) for one of my BTEs so that I can just pin the BTE to my shirt on those days.

I have the Nucleus Freedom BTE (behind the ear). (I got 2 processors for my left ear, both are BTEs). Sometimes I wish I had gotten 1 BTE and 1 BWP...there are days when I wish to have nothing hanging off of my ear because my ear gets a little irritated sometimes from the BTE hanging off of it. But I have a solution, I think...when I go back to my audiologist for my next mapping, I am going to ask her to order a longer cord (11 in) for one of my BTEs so that I can just pin the BTE to my shirt on those days.

Could you take a picture of it so I can see it? Please. thanks... Kinda wondering

Could you take a picture of it so I can see it? Please. thanks... Kinda wondering

Of my BTE?

DSC01231.jpg

Back