Which Surgery CI belongs to?

Which Surgery CI belongs to?

• Is CI belonging to save human’s risk life?

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Is CI belonging to Cosmetics to improve human’s bodies?

Votes: 14 77.8%
  • Is CI belongs to "Lasix"?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Liebling:-)))

Sussi *7.7.86 - 18.6.09*
Premium Member
Reaction score
* * * Sigh * * *

I read CI thread’s post & noticed that you mixed CI thread with heart hole, diseases, teeth, eyes, Siamese twin, etc. etc.

I’m here to make a poll to avoid the confusing between heart and etc with CI condition…
Heart surgery, cancer, chemotherapy, incurable illness etc are belonging to save humans
Risk life.

I’m mother & would of do everything to save my children’s life with the help from therapy, surgeries straight way BUT CI?

My opinion:
CI is belonging to change or improve their bodies different like eyes, teeth, nose, mouth, ears, etc. with the help from “cosmetics” surgeries.

I would like to ask you which surgery CI belongs to?

That’s why I believe its Child Choice… I let my children to mix with CI, hearing & deaf cultures. I would support my children’s choice because it’s their bodies that wear rest of their life.

CI is not belonging to risk life like heart hole, diseases, cancer etc but change their bodies to improve. (like to make them hear)…

I respect your decision for implant your child an earlier or let your child to have the choice.

Come to discuss with us…

Well I vote cosmetic

Last edited:
Forget to add one more...

Can you explain us why you vote for "Is CI belonging to saving human's Risk life"...

I'm interesting to know

Attention:

Please don't insult each other but discussion with agree or disagree respectful...
thank you :thumb:

Anybody can live without CIs. Being deaf isn't going to kill you. It's merely "something" to help you to hear better. What makes hearing aids different from CIs is that hearing aids are just "hearing aids" that you can put on and off, while CIs is like "implantable hearing aid" where you have something permanently put in your head.

VamPyroX said:
Anybody can live without CIs. Being deaf isn't going to kill you. It's merely "something" to help you to hear better. What makes hearing aids different from CIs is that hearing aids are just "hearing aids" that you can put on and off, while CIs is like "implantable hearing aid" where you have something permanently put in your head.

:werd: VamPyroX, I was thinking the same! :thumb:

I vote for Cosmetic...Ci is when people wants it... I wish people would be open mind with our Choice of Choose... ;)

i voted comestic.. its just to improve your hearing.

*wonder self* 2 people voted to save their life from risk.. wonders why.. mind tell ur option on this?

You have a good question.

I voted for Cosmetics. CI does improve human's bodies to feel confident and can socialize with other people. It's the same thing as their apperance has improved and feel confident to socialize with other people.

DeafSCUBA98 said:
i voted comestic.. its just to improve your hearing.

*wonder self* 2 people voted to save their life from risk.. wonders why.. mind tell ur option on this?

I also wondering, too... that´s why I ask them to share us why they think CI save their life from risk...

Hi everyone,
We won´t bite you... Please explain us why you think CI is save your risk life...
I already told everyone to not insult each other...

Frisky Feline said:
You have a good question.

I voted for Cosmetics. CI does improve human's bodies to feel confident and can socialize with other people. It's the same thing as their apperance has improved and feel confident to socialize with other people.

Yes, it´s almost correct... :thumb:

Liebling:-))) said:
Yes, it´s almost correct... :thumb:

Sure... but dont you mind me asking you.. why "almost" meaning there is more than that? :D

***I am curious about someone voted for saving someones life from getting risk and tell why vote this.*** PEACE

Frisky Feline said:
Sure... but dont you mind me asking you.. why "almost" meaning there is more than that? :D

I mean what you stated is almost correct = 99% prefect... :thumb:

I´m agree that CI is better modern to improve their speech development.
CI would be great when you are willing to learn how to speak & hear... because it´s work hard to train how to speak & hear...
I respect children to adult´s choice to have CI because it´s them who want to wear.
I am also agree that nothing wrong with hearing aid, too. My friend wore hearing aid since she was 6 months old & speak like HOH.

I´ll be happy to answer if you feel unsure... :thumb:

***I am curious about someone voted for saving someones life from getting risk and tell why vote this.*** PEACE

me, too...

Last edited:
while CIs is like "implantable hearing aid" where you have something permanently put in your head.
True, but Vampy what is your opinon on ABI (auditory brainstem implant) or those Soundbridge implantable thingys or the RetroX hearing aid or even, BAHA (a hearing aid for people with no ear canals, which involves implanting a titianum abutment)

There aren't enough options to vote. Anyways, my vote would go for that certainly CI is NOT cosmetic, especially since it doesn't enhance a person's appearance at all. Certainly it's not life saving either. However, there are MANY MANY (read - MOST) surgeries that fall in between these two extremes. Getting a prosthesis for someone missing a leg is certainly not life saving and while it does offer some cosmetic benefits it is also more than that. This is where I categorize CI. While CI is obviously not for everyone, especially someone who is going to be belligerent towards it and not going to use it properly there are people who, themselves, consider it a surgery that's not an option not to try. In the thread about good things with CI I posted a story about a woman I know who says she doesn't know how she lived without it. She did go into the whole decision making thing with an open mind and with out the mental stigma that she is a deaf person and thus MUST conform to a certain culture. She did what she thought would be best for her and her family. Again, don't interpret this to mean that I am saying everyone should get it I am simply stating another view to what category CI is in.

Megalofyia said:
There aren't enough options to vote. Anyways, my vote would go for that certainly CI is NOT cosmetic, especially since it doesn't enhance a person's appearance at all. Certainly it's not life saving either. However, there are MANY MANY (read - MOST) surgeries that fall in between these two extremes. Getting a prosthesis for someone missing a leg is certainly not life saving and while it does offer some cosmetic benefits it is also more than that. This is where I categorize CI. While CI is obviously not for everyone, especially someone who is going to be belligerent towards it and not going to use it properly there are people who, themselves, consider it a surgery that's not an option not to try. In the thread about good things with CI I posted a story about a woman I know who says she doesn't know how she lived without it. She did go into the whole decision making thing with an open mind and with out the mental stigma that she is a deaf person and thus MUST conform to a certain culture. She did what she thought would be best for her and her family. Again, don't interpret this to mean that I am saying everyone should get it I am simply stating another view to what category CI is in.

I agree totally, not enough options to vote, both options are wrong.

Megalofyia said:

The prostheses arm & leg are not belonging to Surgery but the same example with hearing aid…
Well, we are here to talking about Surgeries.

What do you mean "aren´t enough options to vote" ?
Can you correct which CI belongs to?

As far as I only know there’re only 2 Surgeries is Kind of Saving Risk Life Surgeries like heart; brain, liver, cancer etc etc to cure incurable illness/saving life etc & Cosmetics Surgeries like is Improve hear/speech development, correct nose, teeth, mouth, feet, etc.

That’s what I mean is CI belonging to Kind of cosmetics surgeries…

Can you correct exactly which CI belongs? I only know that there’re only 2 Surgeries but 3rd ?
Thank you for your respond on your opinion... :D

Last edited:
Lasix surgery for vision isn't cosmetic and it isn't life saving, breast reduction for some women isn't cosmetic and again not life saving, removing of a useless limb for the purposes of making it available for a prosthesis isn't life saving or cosmetic (I have a friend at the moment who is considering this option), correcting hemorrhoids, gastric bypass, some types of surgeries to correct some epilepsies like vagal nerve stimulator, tonsillectomy, cleft pallet, anyways the list goes on.

Thank you for explain because I didn´t know about the word about Lasix... Thank you...

I understand what you mean now... but CI is still not belong to Lasix but comestic because they think the CI is help to improve babies/children hear & speech development....

The breast reducation, foot, hand (malfornation), siamese twin etc are the big different are of course belong Lasix... YES.. something like removing & correct... but CI is not belong who they correct but improve their speech/hear development, that´s all...

Heathly Insurance refused to cover the cost of comestic surgery but they jump & pay straight way when CI comes... because they think CI is the best to improve the baby/toddler hear/speech development. The people are furious because some of them have the problem to improve their bodies but they have to pay their own pocket... What they want to improve is the worst than CI... like improve their breast (not silkon, I mean) because they have no breast or wrong breast... or horrible scar mark on your face etc... They have to pay for this... What a unfair... We all said that CI is belong Kind of comestic...

CI is not belong to correct to make you hear & speak but improve their hear/speech development...

Last edited:
Back