Which of these animals could take over mankind?

Which animals teamed up will kill man?

• The rodents: rat, hamster, gopher, ..

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The underwater species: fish, sharks, whales, dolphins, ..

• The hoofed mammals: horses, donkey, rhino, goat, zebra, ..

• Other: 4 legged creature: describe

• Other: 2 legged creature: describe

• Total voters
I voted for the insects! YUCK!!

First, I hate insects! So, of course, I make them the evil ones who would take over the world if they could. :P

Then, they are really small, so they could carry all sorts of diseases to all sorts of places! Also, they build up immune systems against all our defenses, like pesticides...and EVEN nuclear weapons (cock roaches)!!

So yep...Insects.. *gross...* :)

I voted for the insects! YUCK!!

First, I hate insects! So, of course, I make them the evil ones who would take over the world if they could. :P

Then, they are really small, so they could carry all sorts of diseases to all sorts of places! Also, they build up immune systems against all our defenses, like pesticides...and EVEN nuclear weapons (cock roaches)!!

So yep...Insects.. *gross...* :)

factual.

Cockroaches can't survive from soda. Dump them some Coca-cola, they'll die from the effect of carbonation and/or neurotoxins. Factual.. :P

I don't deny the pesticide part (hell, I am from the field of bio).

Damn you Banjo! I didn't want to state my answer but it looks like someone caught on early. :(

Cockroaches will take over the World!!! :)

Cockroaches and "The Bomb"
This article was published originally on 12/13/1996
Byline:
by Donald Lewis, Department of Entomology
"You've probably heard the story about cockroaches surviving a nuclear war: we die but they live! This is supposed to make you feel better when you have trouble getting rid of these critters.
So, the real truth: radiologists have found that humans can safely withstand a one-time exposure of 5 rems (A "rem" is the dosage of radiation that will cause a specific, measured amount of injury to human tissue). A lethal dose is 800 rems or more (people are exposed to about 16 rems during their lifetime).
Insect researchers have found that cockroaches can tolerate a much higher dose -- really higher! The lethal dose for the American cockroach is 67,500 rems and for the German cockroach it is between 90,000 and 105,000 rems (yikes!). In truth the amount of radiation that cockroaches can withstand is equivalent to that of a thermonuclear explosion. So, show a little respect the next time your chasing one through the kitchen with a spray can in your hand!"

Reprinted from the Urban Pest Control Research Center Newsletter, April 8, 1996. By Bill Robinson , Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Department of Entomology

This article originally appeared in the December 13, 1996 issue, p. 176.
Year of Publication:
Issue:
IC-475(26) -- December 13, 1996
by Donald Lewis, Department of Entomology
Cockroaches and "The Bomb" | Horticulture and Home Pest News

Also....

"The cells of a cockroach tend to divide less frequently than some cells within humans. As the cells are most sensitive to radiation when they are dividing, the likelihood of a cockroach suffering from death due to radiation during a nuclear explosion is far less than that of other beings like humans. Cockroaches manage to survive in all types of climate, and successfully resist the action of many pesticides.

The outer cover of a cockroach’s body, called the cuticle, cannot be easily penetrated by many chemicals. Even if a harmful substance enters the body of a cockroach, the cockroach has the ability to excrete it much before the substance starts working. When a harmful chemical gets into its system, the metabolism of a cockroach increases to decompose and render the substance ineffective."

Is it true that cockroach can survive a nuclear explosion? - Open Space - Sunday TOI - Home - The Times of India

:) :) :)

"Assassin Bugs" they can transmit diseases to humans and animals. Chaga's disease is one such disease and there is no specific treatment for it. That could wipe out mankind !

Insects don't only spread diseases to humans.. but they also wreck havoc on agriculture.

We will get sick, and starve to death.... :shock:

I don't see why anyone else should respond to the OP in this thread anymore when we know the OP's pick. If anyone hasn't noticed anybody's answer that isn't in likeness; it is shot down via factual statistics or data, when my thought of the point of the thread was for us to use our imaginations for a non-fictional scifi story.

I don't see why anyone else should respond to the OP in this thread anymore when we know the OP's pick. If anyone hasn't noticed anybody's answer that isn't in likeness; it is shot down via factual statistics or data, when my thought of the point of the thread was for us to use our imaginations for a non-fictional scifi story.

It's ok. One of my intelligent apes just shot the OP.

Now it can get wild and imaginative. :wave:

Insects don't only spread diseases to humans.. but they also wreck havoc on agriculture.

We will get sick, and starve to death.... :shock:

Not all insects are harmful. Ladybugs are very helpful to farmers . People buy them for their garden. I was going to buy some as I felt bad for the ladybugs being a small box.

It was discussion on which was the best.. the creativity still remains. All we did was discuss how certain species may be better than another, it already happened right when the topic took off.

I shot down much of the insects, which was something I also personally chose. Unless my choice was not supposed to be known.. :|

It was discussion on which was the best.. the creativity still remains. All we did was discuss how certain species may be better than another, it already happened right when the topic took off.

I shot down much of the insects
, which was something I also personally chose. Unless my choice was not supposed to be known.. :|

not really... you were adding rules and such... made it no fun

In that case.....I am thinking of a new species of fish called "Crap Eating Carps" :D

They take over america's sewer system and while septic tank maintenance my not be an issue, nobody will sit all the way down to go to the bathroom. They secrete their own toxic gas which escapes into the atomosphere killing all land based organisms. After the carp's food source is eliminated they eventually go extinct themselves restoring earths atmosphere into balance for the next species to dwell on earth in harmony.

None of the above. A cockroach is the only insect on this planet that will survive. They're completely immune to radiation.

If the Nukes falls and whoever survives ground zero will most likely die from radiation poisoning, animals included.

So a cockroach will come out of the smoldering ash and dominate the entire planet. Easily.

Go ahead, throw a cockroach into the microwave oven, the results will surprise you.

Yiz

None of the above. A cockroach is the only insect on this planet that will survive. They're completely immune to radiation.

If the Nukes falls and whoever survives ground zero will most likely die from radiation poisoning, animals included.

So a cockroach will come out of the smoldering ash and dominate the entire planet. Easily.

Go ahead, throw a cockroach into the microwave oven, the results will surprise you.

Yiz

ewwww!...I saw a big, big water cockroach in the laundry room the other day....I grabbed a broom and beat the hell out of that SOB!....And believe it or not...he dragged himself behind the washing machine!....I was out of breath, or I would have attempted to move the washing machine and beat him some more....dunno if he's dead or alive, but if he comes back out when I'm in there again, I'm gonna beat him again! I HATE COCKROACHES....

Yiz

How can it be "none of the above" while a cockroach is already mentioned?

Back