Which is better CSUN or Gallaudet do you think?

Right on, if you want go to CSUN then you will charge as out of state student because you are from Florida, that's very expensive than student who from CA.

Then live in California for a year before you go to school. That's what everyone did over here. They wait a year to be legally residence of California. And in a year, you'd learn so much how fucking awesome California is!

The truth is that Gallaudet is very good for hearing people specializing in fields such as interpreting. As far as a Bachelors degree for the Deaf is much different. A BA from Gally is about equal to a high school diploma. I have worked with quite a few Deaf clients who went to school at Gally and NTID. The people who came out of NTID were so much farther ahead education-wise compared to Gally grads. Now, if you get a MA or PhD from Gally it is a much better education than their BA programs. I have heard that Gally's MA is equal to most hearing colleges' BA. I know some of you may disagree, but just look at the problems Gally had to go through just to keep their charter. You think Ivy League or top public hearing colleges had this problem....not a chance. Gally had problems with their charter because the lack of education they provided, job retainment by their graduates, GRE/Gmat scores, etc.

Then live in California for a year before you go to school. That's what everyone did over here. They wait a year to be legally residence of California. And in a year, you'd learn so much how fucking awesome California is!

Not everybody could afford to reside in CA, unless if they have relative, friend or grandparent who currently live in CA.

Cost of living in CA is higher, unless people who wish want live in area with heavily Latino population or multi-diverse, that where alot of reasonable and cheap rent is offered.

I had lived in CA for 13 years and left to IL in 2 years ago for personal reason and my parent is still currently live in CA as well, will move back with them in Dec 08, also it's not because of CSUN.

im a hearing student i wanted to continue with asl but on the side im majoring in computer science and possibly get my teaching credential. im from california and was thinking about going to csun because they seemed to have the most opportunities in asl but i wanted to know if it was worth it and if there was a large deaf community from reading the previous posts it seems as though there is a large deaf community but i was just wondering if anyone had any advise

Back