Which is best dsl or cable?

BTW I am at workplace and use 100Mbps lan.

I totally prefer DSL over Cable. I totally have no problems with DSL for a few years and it works on VP. It runs very smooth and less latency.

It depends on high speed company that has DSL or Cable.

Cable is not that great here, so DSL is the best.

Cable can be great if you have roadrunner, cox, or comcast. I am sure that there are a few great cable company like this out there.

I have Bellsouth DSL 6.0.

Sylentman said:
I totally prefer DSL over Cable. I totally have no problems with DSL for a few years and it works on VP. It runs very smooth and less latency.

It depends on high speed company that has DSL or Cable.

Cable is not that great here, so DSL is the best.

Cable can be great if you have roadrunner, cox, or comcast. I am sure that there are a few great cable company like this out there.

I have Bellsouth DSL 6.0.
I second that.. ;)

maybe you all do not know about satelite internet is faster than cable you know why? i drove on way to home from my fiancee on long distance trip. i stopped by motel or hotel that have free fast internet WiFi. I noticed internet does FASTER than my cable internet. Some motels and hotels have satelite dishes that offer fast internet. I see compare my cable at home and road. I realize that WiFi internet speed looks snappier than my own wireless base.

my fiancee and i will buy new home then i will get satelite internet and tv both.

starrygaze said:
maybe you all do not know about satelite internet is faster than cable you know why? i drove on way to home from my fiancee on long distance trip. i stopped by motel or hotel that have free fast internet WiFi. I noticed internet does FASTER than my cable internet. Some motels and hotels have satelite dishes that offer fast internet. I see compare my cable at home and road. I realize that WiFi internet speed looks snappier than my own wireless base.

my fiancee and i will buy new home then i will get satelite internet and tv both.

I already know but ONE problem. Satelite's upload is very slower as 56k.

Neo said:
I already know but ONE problem. Satelite's upload is very slower as 56k.

maybe its basic option that offer slow and small storage? satelite uploading is supposed to be faster than 56 Kbps. or something wrong with someone who has slow upload satelite.

I've read that Cable is faster than Broadband DSL, because of high level of bandwidth that cable offers than DSL. Have anyone heard of that too? I have cable and nothing beats cable, expectly dial-up connections. :giggle:

Cheri said:
I've read that Cable is faster than Broadband DSL, because of high level of bandwidth that cable offers than DSL. Have anyone heard of that too? I have cable and nothing beats cable, expectly dial-up connections. :giggle:
Well, technically they are both considered broadband. But cable has traditionally blown DSL away in terms of performance. There are many variables that affect the performance of a network so your milage may vary. Personally, I would pick cable over DSL hands down.

starrygaze said:
maybe its basic option that offer slow and small storage? satelite uploading is supposed to be faster than 56 Kbps. or something wrong with someone who has slow upload satelite.

I assume that gov't spy to recieve all uploads that makes them to slow down or creating clone data. Before 9/11, networks run smooth and fast. I'm just guessing.

I could not understand why ours are so ripoff with many varieties of different speeds. Japan has the fastest network in the world, and it is the cheapest cost service in the world. Like around 35 dollars here and in Japan 5 dollars for instance. What a greedy. (I still remember that on TV last year.)

webexplorer said:
I assume that gov't spy to recieve all uploads that makes them to slow down or creating clone data. Before 9/11, networks run smooth and fast. I'm just guessing.

I could not understand why ours are so ripoff with many varieties of different speeds. Japan has the fastest network in the world, and it is the cheapest cost service in the world. Like around 35 dollars here and in Japan 5 dollars for instance. What a greedy. (I still remember that on TV last year.)
The cost comparison is probably a bit skewed. Remember that in Asia the cost of living is much less than it is here and the workers generally make much less as well. It's all relative but even given that, we are probably getting gouged a bit. I think 50 bucks a month is expensive for internet service.

NO QUESTIONS ! comcast cable internet here all the way ! have been using comcast internet services since 2001 !!! :D yea of course before it became comcast i was ex @home.com then @attbi.com heh finally comcast.net for a long time !!! i admire cable internet better than DSL but still DSL is better than 56K so dont complain heh ... i cant stand dial up ewwwwww

No, you didn't prove anything. You left out alot critical information. For example bus speed, your really bottlenecked with bus speed, the more peripherials you run (like videcard, audio card, etc), you increase bus traffic, render to hard drive speed being useless.

In fact, I never really see much difference with speed when it comes between 10, 100, and 1,000mbps networking.

There are several factors involves, but most importantly is that most cable modem only takes 10mbps and there is no way you can push that limitation to 1ghz! SO whats your point?

Neo said:

Your reading correctly! DirecTV is misleading people! I have heard horror stories. So stay away from satellite dish using Internet.
starrygaze said:

That would be wild guess, BUT I don't think this is the case. The real case is that more people are using internet and the traffic has increased, so that slows down sometimes. Same principle with on highway if too many cars going though they WILL definetly slow down.

webexplorer said:

diehardbiker65 said:
No, you didn't prove anything. You left out alot critical information. For example bus speed, your really bottlenecked with bus speed, the more peripherials you run (like videcard, audio card, etc), you increase bus traffic, render to hard drive speed being useless.

In fact, I never really see much difference with speed when it comes between 10, 100, and 1,000mbps networking.

There are several factors involves, but most importantly is that most cable modem only takes 10mbps and there is no way you can push that limitation to 1ghz! SO whats your point?

No, you didn't prove anything. You left out alot critical information.
Maybe you dont look careful so reread again.

For example bus speed, your really bottlenecked with bus speed, the more peripherials you run (like videcard, audio card, etc), you increase bus traffic, render to hard drive speed being useless.
Wow you are clueless about that.

You just check by internet only that why u dont noticed anything. Maybe you use NIC 100MB. Hahah.

Ghz? Quit make up again. First you said gigabytes now you said Ghz. There is no Ghz and gigabytes for network speed! It's gigabit! Umm U are clueless again. There is gigabytes modem already.

So many servers internet providers are different type of speed mps or other kind cable..

Cannot be rest same all kind of servers speed..
:dunno:

GalaxyAngel said:
So many servers internet providers are different type of speed mps or other kind cable..

Cannot be rest same all kind of servers speed..

:dunno:

Depend on how fast on transfer ethernet switch among many network computers.

Back