Which E-Reader Do You Favor Most?

Which E-Reader Do You Favor?

• Kindle

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Nook (or Nook 2)

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Other brand

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • I'm old fashioned, I prefer the real books.

Votes: 6 28.6%

• Total voters
Who wants to be my Nook friend when I get a Nook? :D

I will, if you want, if you think our tastes are similar enough to enjoy the exchange. I read a lot of biographies, history, books about dog training and psychology, some fiction.

So far I have only read things I can check out from the library, so I can't trade those. Is trading books the whole point of being a Nook friend?

By the way, make sure to buy a cover for it. If your local store doesn't have much choice, the B&N web site has a bunch of options. A cover will help protect the screen when it's not in use - especially valuable if you intend to toss it into your purse to read while commuting, say - and to my mind, makes it more comfortable to hold the Nook while reading.

So then now I'm finding out a Nook Color Pre-Owned at B&N is $179.... the new ones in $249..... But the Simple Touch is $139.... ahhhhh!!! I thought I made up my mind on this!!!

Yes... I am aware I need to be slapped.

So then now I'm finding out a Nook Color Pre-Owned at B&N is $179.... the new ones in $249..... But the Simple Touch is $139.... ahhhhh!!! I thought I made up my mind on this!!!

:slap:

Questions to ask yourself:

1. Where will I be reading this the most: a) inside, normal living-room sort of lighting b) outside, brightly-lit environment, or mix of indoor and outdoor.

2. Do I care about reading magazines and newspapers on the nook. a) yes, b) no.

3. Do I need to entertain children with various graphics and pictures. a) yes b) no

4) Are finances a consideration at all. a) no b) yes.

If you answered with more "a" responses, then get one of the Color versions. If more "b," then get the Simple Touch.

Questions to ask yourself:

1. Where will I be reading this the most: a) inside, normal living-room sort of lighting b) outside, brightly-lit environment, or mix of indoor and outdoor.

2. Do I care about reading magazines and newspapers on the nook. a) yes, b) no.

3. Do I need to entertain children with various graphics and pictures. a) yes b) no

4) Are finances a consideration at all. a) no b) yes.

If you answered with more "a" responses, then get one of the Color versions. If more "b," then get the Simple Touch.

What if I get equal? i got 2 a and 2 b? :D

Always one in every crowd!

Got a quarter in your pocket? Decide which one, Color or Simple Touch, will be heads. Flip coin. See what you get. You will INSTANTLY feel either "yay!" or mildly disappointed, depending on what comes up. That will tell you what you really, really want to do.

Bott, Beach, you both are my heroes, I heart you Bott for the slap and I heart you Beach for your creativity on making it easier with a quiz, I did think the same about "well what if I got a and ?" love the quarter idea :D.

Still think even though theres a bargain with the Nook Color.... Simple touch wins.

You can now get library books on Kindle! Just found out this morning. You have to use wifi to get them, they won't load on Kindle's 3G.

my library is still in the works with it but thats cool! now if they had a full on touch screen with a different type of navigation I'd get it :). I just like seeing the covers of books on the Nook Simple Touch/ Color vs just words on the Kindle. :(

Both are awesome e-books!

You can now get library books on Kindle! Just found out this morning. You have to use wifi to get them, they won't load on Kindle's 3G.

I know!!! I was so excited!!! and the Kindle fire is just about out too (too much like an ipad for me... but for people who like the nook color... it could be awesome!)

I know!!! I was so excited!!! and the Kindle fire is just about out too (too much like an ipad for me... but for people who like the nook color... it could be awesome!)

???? Kindle fire???

Kindle Touch????

AHHHH! Even more complicated now! B&N got competition!

The book loan option for the Kindle only works in the US. Only discovered this last night when I tried to loan an ebook to a friend with a Kindle.

Kindle is coming out with new models as low as $79.

So this is what I learned so far from Kindle Fire vs Nook Color

With the Kindle Fire, I could play games, watch movies, BUT there are two things throw me off. It STILL does not have a EPub format, and there is no SD Card slot, but instead it stores things by Cloud (a internet storage I don't know about lol) I'm not finding any comfort in knowing my stuff would be saved online rather than in a card.

However, I know Barns and Noble has something new up their sleeves. They are currently working on a Nook Color 2 and I would love to see how it will beat the Kindle Fire.

So, for now I think I'm going to stick with the Nook Simple Touch :) I would get the Kindle Touch but I don't like the frame of it and the lack of options.

Ok I decided to wait on a e-reader alltogether....

And heres why...

1. My guy wants to get me something nice for Christmas....

but also.....

Apparently, theres a Nook Color 2 in the works, that is the E-Ink Color technology. So far the only researching I've found out on it was the release could be as soon as November.

Back