Which bidding system do you prefer?

dereksbicycles

Reaction score
You know that with E Bay and many sites, if you get out bid in the last minute, you lose.

I've participated in few auctions that have this system in place. The system is that if you bid in the last 10 minutes, it will extend 10 more minutes. It'll continue to extend for yet another 10 minutes every time you bid in the last 10 minute of the auction.

Which system would you prefer and why?

I would probably prefer the one that extends 10 minutes every time a bid is placed in the last 10 minutes. That way, no one can be outbid in last minutes.

I can just see the headlines now, "Auction for a ferrari is still going 300 days past its deadline..."

I prefer eBay style (fixed end time) for anonymous type auction. You never know if you get a few trolls who keeps bidding to extend end time and never intend to let it end or pay up.

For live auction where you are there in person, going once, twice, gone is fine since it'd be hard for troll and troublemaker to sneak away if they have to be there. I rarely attend live auction though, they rarely got things that interest me.

How many times you were outbid by the last minute? :lol: Sounds like you is complainin. :lol:

I wouldn't bid on those ones with last minute extensions. Winning at the end is part of the fun.

Bid as much as you will reasonably pay, and if you lose, you lose.

From a buying standpoint, Fixed end time provides for a better deal. I know I have missed out on some good deals because I forgot about them then didn't bid. for commercial auction houses, there are several I have used that extend the bid 3 mins for each bid that occurs within 3 minutes of the end time. This is better for sellers than buyers.

one hint is don't bid early because it give the other bidders more time to think about if they want to bid higher. initally they may not but given some time maybe they change their mind and decide the item is worth bidding or another similar item they bid on ends so they now have a reference for the going value or price of your item
you can also run a bid sniper program that bids the last few seconds of the auction for u. available for PC and mobile devices

I wouldn't bid on those ones with last minute extensions. Winning at the end is part of the fun.

Bid as much as you will reasonably pay, and if you lose, you lose.

^ this! ^

and snipe during the last seconds of the auction. so the other bidders do not get enough notice to bid again.

I always put my bid in during the last 10 seconds.

i scared to use e-bay or anything bought on internet wish i was not cos i loose out

Back