Which better using dialing videophone directly to ip adress or phone nbr?

Which better using dialing videophone directly to ip adress or phone nbr?

• using dial directly to IP Adress

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • using dial directly to phone nbr videophone

Votes: 18 75.0%
  • dont know!

Votes: 1 4.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

xentra

Reaction score
See what compare in the poll!
Thanks​

qwerty123 said:
discriminating poll!

There is no discriminating poll!!!!!
I just wanted know what best using dial ip or phone...
nothing HARM!!!
don't be leave negatif here!!!
tell me why!

Its not discriminating poll, but purely misunderstanding.

There is no difference between phone number and IP addresses.

If you wonder what DNS is all about, if you notice your DNS address. The idea of DNS is pretty much same idea as phone number. I repeatly, that this phone number have NOTHING to do with phone company!!! It has to do with Sorenson server!

Give you an idea, computer can NOT read letters! They only read digital, meaning numbers. So, they understand these set number than the address name... So, to solve this problem and making it easier for everybody in the Internet world. Every computers uses xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx instead of www.worldwideweb.com People understand and memorize www.worldwideweb.com easier than xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx. So when you type in www.worldwideweb.com it calls DNS to look up for specific xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx which in other word is really IP address and once they find this set of numbers they find the server where you want to reach. Viola you got the site! Same idea, when you dial in phone number, it goes to where? Sorenson's own server and this server looks up the phone number to find the IP address, VIOLA! there is, then get you to connect that IP address. Or you can type IP address which bypass the sorenson server. In reality, there is no difference.

diehardbiker65 said:
Its not discriminating poll, but purely misunderstanding.

There is no difference between phone number and IP addresses.

If you wonder what DNS is all about, if you notice your DNS address. The idea of DNS is pretty much same idea as phone number. I repeatly, that this phone number have NOTHING to do with phone company!!! It has to do with Sorenson server!

Give you an idea, computer can NOT read letters! They only read digital, meaning numbers. So, they understand these set number than the address name... So, to solve this problem and making it easier for everybody in the Internet world. Every computers uses xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx instead of www.worldwideweb.com People understand and memorize www.worldwideweb.com easier than xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx. So when you type in www.worldwideweb.com it calls DNS to look up for specific xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx which in other word is really IP address and once they find this set of numbers they find the server where you want to reach. Viola you got the site! Same idea, when you dial in phone number, it goes to where? Sorenson's own server and this server looks up the phone number to find the IP address, VIOLA! there is, then get you to connect that IP address. Or you can type IP address which bypass the sorenson server. In reality, there is no difference.

Yeah there is no difference but!!! For IP is much faster than using #phone because when dial phone it will throught i2eye or sorenson server like vonage!!! If server down could be down or register... If using provide phone digital (voice over IP) there will be best usng phone# in vp! that what i think!!:)

Thanks diehardbiker65

I personally prefer to provide my personal IP address, such as xxxxx.no-ip.info (not digital IP address). I dont like to give away my private number to any stranger. The fraking marketing firms easily find my phone number and atttempts to contact my home at unexpected hours. I always screen the caller ids before I answer. If they constantly call, I would contact them why the hell they would disturb our home for. No marketing firms except possibly deaf marketing person would annoy my home via the VP.

Did you know that anyone can google your private phone number and easily to find your full personal info and address?

Xentra, can you provide me your phone number so that I will know where you reside...

That is VERY true, BUT again problem is sometimes the user at other end have their IP address changed! If you find invalid IP address have to ask your end to find out the new IP address, pain in the azz... That is why it is called DHCP, most ISP prefer use DHCP to prevent any business activities like web hosting, so with DHCP, impossible without register with domain name server. So, Pro and Con there. UNLESS you can afford have Static IP address which IP assigns you permanent address and reserved for you, usually cost twice or triple of what it cost with DHCP.

xentra said:
Yeah there is no difference but!!! For IP is much faster than using #phone because when dial phone it will throught i2eye or sorenson server like vonage!!! If server down could be down or register... If using provide phone digital (voice over IP) there will be best usng phone# in vp! that what i think!!:)

Thanks diehardbiker65

I use IP address....

Mookie,

where can I find this.. should pay for it addy my own IP ? How works for VP directly only.. instead my puter... cuz i'm using dlink router.. er um... solution?
xxxxx.no-ip.info (not digital IP address)?????

GalaxyAngel said:
I use IP address....

Mookie,

where can I find this.. should pay for it addy my own IP ? How works for VP directly only.. instead my puter... cuz i'm using dlink router.. er um... solution?
xxxxx.no-ip.info (not digital IP address)?????

Ok. Here is No-IP website, as of www.no-ip.com. FREE! You may click a free application. You can create your own userid, such as GalaxyAngel.no-ip.info. You may want to remove your personal phone number and place (replace your current digital IP addy) your new xxxx.no-ip.info in IP address. It's up to you if you want to keep your phone number in your VP program.

I am sure that other VP user will provide you another free DNS that I am not aware.

Good luck.

Hello Xentra, if it is about your school project, I did not mean to scare pollers away to learn about losing the privacy via private digital phone numbers. I apologize...

Thats right, even www.dynDNS.org offers this too. Its free, and you need to set router to update automatically with www.dyndns.org DNS when your ISP reassigned you with new IP address. Or you can manually log in www.dyndns.org and update with new IP addy.

Mookie said:
Ok. Here is No-IP website, as of www.no-ip.com. FREE! You may click a free application. You can create your own userid, such as GalaxyAngel.no-ip.info. You may want to remove your personal phone number and place (replace your current digital IP addy) your new xxxx.no-ip.info in IP address. It's up to you if you want to keep your phone number in your VP program.

I am sure that other VP user will provide you another free DNS that I am not aware.

Good luck.

Mookie said:
I personally prefer to provide my personal IP address, such as xxxxx.no-ip.info (not digital IP address). I dont like to give away my private number to any stranger. The fraking marketing firms easily find my phone number and atttempts to contact my home at unexpected hours. I always screen the caller ids before I answer. If they constantly call, I would contact them why the hell they would disturb our home for. No marketing firms except possibly deaf marketing person would annoy my home via the VP.

Did you know that anyone can google your private phone number and easily to find your full personal info and address?

Xentra, can you provide me your phone number so that I will know where you reside...

yes that right!! better using no-ip than IP!
Since our local or some each province canada most IP but now coming more who using no-ip that great!
Since i never give to anyone my#phone that bother me when i using phone they server I 2 eye and sorenson can read who using vp with phone! Like same Vonage server ( voice over IP) that what i think

Mookie said:
Hello Xentra, if it is about your school project, I did not mean to scare pollers away to learn about losing the privacy via private digital phone numbers. I apologize...

better than don't know :)

Mookie said:
Great...

Why can't people vote your poll? I noticed there were 215 people visted your thread.... :confused:

yeah i know!! U re right!!

Up to them !! its sad not much info!!!

BTW I have no clue :/

Mookie said:

Yep, I Agreed with you, for deafvp or vplist website, they can put the own IP addys instead of phone nbrs, I am both list

DeafVP:
Use addy after your full name for example:

Last, First, Vp Addy VP 000-000-0000
City, State IM nickname
IM cellphone nickname

Simply fill out the VP phone nbr is 000-000-0000 the telemarker looked at it and they can't call that nbr or puzzled they thought was an operator service lol.

VPlist:
In your profiles use the Dynamitc (sp?) addys in the pull-down boxes.

I am stuck using an IP address personally...but not by choice.

This last week I dropped near $300 on a dlink i2eye only because it makes life so much easier communicating with Deaf friends/family.

The problem is...I would much rather have spent that money on a vp200, if not just because of the image quality (I have at least heard that it is far superior to the vp100 or i2eye units) then because I could be part of the sorenson directory.

The fact I am UNABLE to get one, even by paying for it, really puts me in an odd position.

I really am of the belief that sorenson needs to open up the boundaries a bit. This is NOT something that should be included as a reason to use their service. It is similar to an Internet Service Providor only supplying DNS servers to you if you use them...Imagine browsing the web without URLs...only IP addresses. It is something so basic that it should be included with all .323.devices.

I prefer Phone number because most my friend don't know how use IP address so better idea use Phone number work easier!

Prefer phone number....easier...if using IP addy...if friend don't have Sorenson and using D-link, then I will use IP addy. It's not that hard. :thumb:

Back