Where would you expect to find ASL books in a bookstore?

Where would you expect to find ASL books in a bookstore?

• Total voters

Wheelin Rev

Reaction score
I was at Books-A-Million today and was looking for the popular book called The Joy of Signing as well as other books that teach American Sign Language. So where would you expect to find a sign language book? In the "Language" section perhaps with the books on how to learn French, German, Italian, etc.?

Naaaahhhhhh... They put all of the ASL books in the "Reference" section.

I'm just learning ASL and losing my hearing at the same time (I'm a newb to all of this) and I was slightly "insulted" that the ASL books were not with all of the other books about learning different languages. :confused:

Dave

At Barnes & Noble recently, I saw sign language books in the "Languages" section.

For a while our local Borders bookstore was placing ASL books in the "Education" section with the Homeschooling, Special Ed, and Teaching Kids with Disabilities books.

My local Borders seems to be of two minds about the placement. One day they're in the language section, the next day they're in the education section. I'm trying to persuade the shelvers to place them in the language section. Seems to be working--I see them more often in the language section now.

Back