where to meet the deaf

whitewolf22

Reaction score
i have been in the hearing world for so long that i dont even know asl anymore. try to watch a video of someone using asl and got some but no clue on the rest of what was said. my question is where do deaf people go to find others and meet them in person using asl or talk like normal or both. live in rosamond and want to go back to church again and like to know where to go thanks.

Where??

i have been in the hearing world for so long that i dont even know asl anymore. try to watch a video of someone using asl and got some but no clue on the rest of what was said. my question is where do deaf people go to find others and meet them in person using asl or talk like normal or both. live in rosamond and want to go back to church again and like to know where to go thanks.

I'm sort of having the same ptoblem. I live near Sacramento. I lost my hearing overnight and had no time to prepare. I'm looking for a tutor to come to my house to teach my husband and me ASL. Bad time of year I guess. Students off for Christmas break. Good luck to you. Wish you well on learning ASL.:angel:

WTF. Oops. I thought Rosamond is in Northern Calif. I checked on the mapquest..that town is in between Bakersfield and Los Angeles. Well, L.A. has plenty of Deaf events as you know. Bakersfield has Deaf Coffee social monthly, I think.

Try Meetup.com. type in American Sign Language in the search bar. Thats how I found a group of people near me who meet once a month for a voices off event.

Back