Where did your family immigrate from?

many emigrated to States from uk I still in uk(lucky me:(

My Dad's Mom (my grandma) was from Lithuania, last name Gerkis, which she moved as a young adult with her 3 older sisters to Scotland, where she met my grandma, Harkness. This was changed to Donnelly at some point much later, upon moving to California. My Dad was born in Scotland, and moved to the states when he was 8 years old.

That name is just a few letters off of meaning two different things in Lithuanian. One is good, the other is throat. My own grandmother's last name meant hawk (thanks pagans!)

That's a lot of different things. I'm glad you shared, I'm sure you're proud! Prussia is nonexistant now and there are probably few Prussians left.

Sent from my DROID4 using AllDeaf App mobile app

It fell in 1945. There's more about than you'd think, they are just old. My father is from a Russian Lithuanian mother and a Prussian Lithuanian father.

Oh gotcha I thought you were. I am a half czechoslovkian. After 1990s czechoslovkia broke up, then I am a slovkian. :) My grandma was 16 yrs old came to NYC all alone. I heard lots of czechoslovkia moved to Canada.

My fathers family would be Czech after 1992. They moved to the East coast of the U.S. before all that went down though.

Sent from my iPhone using AllDeaf

That's okay, I'm more disturbed by the fact that my parents got me a shirt similar to this one...

1000x1000.jpg

They don't quite grasp why I was so disturbed and why I don't wear it... Why the disturbing images that come to mind every time I look at it... :barf: They're still kind of adjusting to American culture I suppose is the way to put it... not quite understanding the 1 + 1 = my parents getting it on and I don't want to picture that ever thing... Yeah... oh lord... Nothing beats that shirt... :shock: My face at Christmas... I'm sure it was classic... my brothers laughter was amazing... then, he got one too... :laugh2:

THANKS MOM AND DAD! Not.... :(

I bet they kept the neighbors awake that night ... OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH bbaby give it to me daddy WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :naughty:

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

I got bit of Indian Malay...they say if you put seven strangers together there would be family conextion hmm...I read it is possible that only 70generations could in theary go back to jesus time which not many generations in 2000years...
I got close relatives in America and Canada Irland Scotland and Wales So I surpose it possible...
I often think if go back few generations then brings you to 64 grandparents I thought less people if go back to Adam and Eve then how do you start with just two,maybe Reba answer that

My paternal grandma moved from Japan with my father and uncle. My grandpa died young and she was trying to support two boys who were toddlers by herself so she came here to do that.

My maternal side is a mix of native american and german. I know for sure my great grandma was born in Germany but I'm not sure why she moved here honestly.

A bit late, but here is mine:

Great grandparents came over from Prussia.

The other great-great grandparents from England.

Both sides connected in Michigan.

I immigrated from Michigan to South Carolina via New Jersey and Florida. :P

It fell in 1945. There's more about than you'd think, they are just old. My father is from a Russian Lithuanian mother and a Prussian Lithuanian father.

That's why I thought it was cool, since young Prussians are "rareish" now. And that makes you half Lithuanian! We should totally not learn Lithuanian together~ *lazy*

Sent from my DROID4 using AllDeaf App mobile app

Back