Where Deaf and HOH people out there???

calvertc

Reaction score
I wonder where they are at??? Cuz I been work every single day. I haven't see Deaf people or HOH people. but I see many hearing people it not bother me but only bother me is not see Deaf people and HOH people. I been travel fews different states I not see them. I know I see them is only online like facebook and alldeaf but what about out real life???

Have you try Alabama Hearing Society? Deaf School? You just have to keep looking for them. I guess now that we have computers and IPads including Text smartphones. They might not be social very much.

If we don't have all this technologies, then we would be out in the Deaf Community and Deaf Events. It would be nice to be in the Social events again.

You can try to find Deaf camps for adults or Deaf bowling or any Deaf hobby.

While you are here, you can still try the best to look for Deaf social events in your area unless you are living in the country (rural). The best place to find Deaf social and Deaf events are in the big city.

:welcome: to AllDeaf Forum. Enjoy reading and posting here. See you around. :D

Visit Deaf universities then I guarantee you that you will see them there. Like Gallaudet University, RIT/NTID and among others. There are a few areas that Deaf or Hard of Hearing can be found such as in Washington DC, Richmond VA, Lexington, Ky or Austin TX. A lot in few continents in California as well. Just have to find them though.

Yeah, more deaf community in Gallaudet University and RIT/NTID. Sometime I wish deaf and hoh have like one huge country of deaf and hoh live community so we would have more social life easier than what we been though. I been though hearing world since I was 14 years old till now I look up all website it not really helpful. I have hard time trust on website. like Alabama deaf event once of month, Greenville, SC have deaf event every Friday night. I been travel different states. i will go back to New Jersey in few months. i haven't see NJ deaf community.

Why not try finding Facebook groups that work with Deaf people in Alabama area. There are so many for Illinois!!

they there they just don't put plack on advertising it they leading ordinary life doing ordinary things...go to fb look for clubs

I live near DC and the Gallaudet University. I really haven't paid much attention to finding anyone who is Deaf or HOH. Occasionally I will see random HOH folks out and about but very few Deaf here in my county.

AFAIK the only place to find deaf/HoH groups is in large towns with at least a 100000 population. It is unlikely to find deaf groups in rural areas? It is extremely frustrating if you live in one of these small farm towns and do not communicate well.

Back