Where can I learn about make website or Web Maintenance and host by your server.

Milwaukee

Reaction score
Well I thought about that job and my cousin make good money.

I try learn from internet by search google. Very confused what they try tell what to do so I want hear from here.

What operating system I should use for that? I used to have window 2003 but sold with old server.

Where can I learn about codes and words like java.

How you set server in house and host website instead use company's server? I used to have server but it use LOT electric.

I have one that could be server. It have Intel Pentium D 2.8 GHz but overclock to 3.0 GHz, ram is 2 gb ddr2, 80 gb hard drives I never fill that in 4 years it use 19 gb.

Our comcast speed is

But it suppose to be high but Now it traffic but during night it fast.

Well I thought about that job and my cousin make good money.

I try learn from internet by search google. Very confused what they try tell what to do so I want hear from here.

What operating system I should use for that? I used to have window 2003 but sold with old server.

Where can I learn about codes and words like java.

How you set server in house and host website instead use company's server? I used to have server but it use LOT electric.

I have one that could be server. It have Intel Pentium D 2.8 GHz but overclock to 3.0 GHz, ram is 2 gb ddr2, 80 gb hard drives I never fill that in 4 years it use 19 gb.

Our comcast speed is

But it suppose to be high but Now it traffic but during night it fast.

Overclock for server is very bad idea. No one do that. It's kill power bill. Only good for gamers.

Server is very good and free.
Ubuntu Server Edition | Ubuntu

Server must come with RAID and not worry about lost data after failed the hard drive.

Pentium D 2.8 GHz is outdate.

Newegg.com - Intel Core2 Q9400S Yorkfield 2.66GHz 6MB L2 Cache LGA 775 65W Quad-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops
This is lowest watts than D 2.8 Ghz for full loads. Intel 2 Duo 45nm. D 2.8Ghz is 90nm.

I am use server for family pictures, business data, and media at home.

Jiro know more about codes than me. Ask him.

I understand but our old server is dell poweredge 2500 that have Dual 2 Intel Pentium III 1.0 GHz, 6 scsi hard drives, 5 fans, and 3 power supply unit. It weight almost 100 pounds. I say it use pretty lot watts like 600 watts or less.

So my old computer don't use that much electric. It probably use 150 watts or less run.

Ok
I check that info. I know my cousin use redhat and Linux

I understand but our old server is dell poweredge 2500 that have Dual 2 Intel Pentium III 1.0 GHz, 6 scsi hard drives, 5 fans, and 3 power supply unit. It weight almost 100 pounds. I say it use pretty lot watts like 600 watts or less.

So my old computer don't use that much electric. It probably use 150 watts or less run.

Ok
I check that info. I know my cousin use redhat and Linux

Very nice. Right now SCSI HDD is very expensive and hard to find due very old hardware. My father used one before and he just gave up and asked me to build another server for him after he heard beep from his SCSI controller and he can't find anything wrong with 3 SCSI hdds and he think controller is very bad He moved all data from old server ( Windows NT, SCSI,can't remember what cpu.. probably Intel PI or PII) to new computer (Windows 2003, Intel 2 Duo 1.8 Ghz, two SATA hdds with RAID 2.) So he noticed his electric is drop a lot and room is more cool down than old server. He use it for database only, so it don't really need high CPU and RAM.

You just want to use server for host website only? What's wrong with this?
http://www.consumer-rankings.com/comparison.aspx

$4 to $7 per month for host website. They are very cheap.

That why I sold that dell. SCSI are way best than scsi I decide install window xp pro it got 8 sec boot up.

Agree those dell produce LOT HEAT in room that I need open door.

I just want practice myself before try use their host server because maybe I decide I am not interested in that so I would like learn if it work then I try.

Back