Where can I get one? I want one for July 4th

You can come here where fireworks are allowed. You can even stay in our house ;) . No nukes, though, there are too many nice people in the area. Left Indian Point nuclear power plant in NY for a reason. :hmm: Decided to live with coal instead.

Thank you for the invitation :ty:

We do have fireworks on reserve or reservations but it is a regular fireworks for celebrating like 4th of July (Canada Day, too). We enjoy seeing the sparks and sparkle of the fireworks. You only show the three videos that don't have the fireworks at all. You are using bombs that only show blast and smoke, no sparkling in the air. You are way off the radar.

We do have fireworks on reserve or reservations but it is a regular fireworks for celebrating like 4th of July (Canada Day, too). We enjoy seeing the sparks and sparkle of the fireworks. You only show the three videos that don't have the fireworks at all. You are using bombs that only show blast and smoke, no sparkling in the air. You are way off the radar.

That is what I mean, I want fireworks, not bombs. :ty: Also, fireworks cause a lot of smoke - it might be that because they usually have fireworks shows at night, that you don't notice it. The contrails for jet aircraft have far more pollution than a fireworks show.

diehardbiker explained about it above

You can come here where fireworks are allowed. You can even stay in our house ;) . No nukes, though, there are too many nice people in the area. Left Indian Point nuclear power plant in NY for a reason. :hmm: Decided to live with coal instead.

:lol:

I am really "digging" this guy's youtube channel:

Lotsa lotsa fireworks

oder firewerks? firearbeiten?

What can be cooler than being outdoors, in the alps, with explosives?
The scenery was beautiful but I didn't see much point in blowing it up. They weren't even pretty fireworks.

The scenery was beautiful but I didn't see much point in blowing it up. They weren't even pretty fireworks.

Nothing was blown up - he was using flash powder. if you watch his other videos, he really, really, really likes fireworks.

I like fireworks and sparkles. :)

In the videos, I didn't see any of that. :dunno:

That one with a nice outer layering of nails would have made a really big nail bomb to which the IRA would have been proud of. :shock:

I was going to say that, but the keywords needed to use would draw the attention of the NSA.
We are no doubt being scrutinized now.

:wave:

Nothing was blown up - he was using flash powder. if you watch his other videos, he really, really, really likes fireworks.
I saw the stump shredded, debris in the water, and rocks chipped off the mountainside. I just don't see the point in it (not to mention, that stuff is expensive). It's just not for me.

I was going to say that, but the keywords needed to use would draw the attention of the NSA.
We are no doubt being scrutinized now.

:wave:

Aw, come on now .. its not like we are in the middle east or anything ...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6z1ATaXp9Co]Dubai fireworks 2014 breaking the record with 500k fireworks set - YouTube[/ame]

I saw the stump shredded, debris in the water, and rocks chipped off the mountainside. I just don't see the point in it (not to mention, that stuff is expensive). It's just not for me.

He wasn't using blackpowder like this guy - and yes, in a way, I like it:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhQ4dE_RGnQ]How to Shoot an Anvil 200 Feet in the Air - YouTube[/ame]

Don't fireworks burn completely? I personally don't see bomb debris acting as shrapnel as really entertaining. Note how far video author had to clear from it. Don't be stupid Steinhauer. :slap:

Aw, come on now .. its not like we are in the middle east or anything ...

Dubai fireworks 2014 breaking the record with 500k fireworks set - YouTube

I like that and they are very beautiful and far different than the regular fireworks. This is the extreme works of the fireworks that are very dangerous to make for the city to celebrate a holiday. It look like a Christmas tree or a spiral tree. It is the work of a artist that created this wonderful pieces of work. That is a lot better than the three videos of bombs. (very impressed)

The reason that we, as the United States of America, celebrate the 4th of July with fireworks, is because John Adams had always wanted a huge celebration, with fireworks, when the Declaration of Independence was signed. The tradition began in the year 1777, which more than likely had a hand in spurring the creation of different kinds of fireworks. In fact, it was a mere 7 years later that serpents, wheels and fountains were on the market. Fireworks, such as the one displayed in the video in my OP, and subsequent videos, were types of fireworks used at various July 4th celebrations throughout our Nation's history.

It was symbolic of the actual combat warfare taking place during the American Revolution. July 4th is certainly a celebration, but also a reminder that, as Americans, we would be reminded how violent the battle with Britain was, and how costly our independence was.

Having a pretty light show on July 4th seems to have watered down what the reminder symbolized.

With proper safety precautions, flash powder is harmless. The tree stump was not "blown to smithereens" and nothing was pulverized like it would have been in an actual bomb blast. Even a tiny firecracker (considered a firework) is lethal if lit in an enclosed fist. It will blow your hand off.

Oh, say can you see by the dawn's early light
What so proudly we hailed at the twilight's last gleaming?
Whose broad stripes and bright stars thru the perilous fight,
O'er the ramparts we watched were so gallantly streaming?
And the rocket's red glare, the bombs bursting in air,
Gave proof through the night that our flag was still there.
Oh, say does that star-spangled banner yet wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave?

Star Spangled Banner - Francis Scott Key 1814
"Independence Day will be the most memorable Epocha, in the History of America...It will be celebrated, by succeeding Generations, as the great anniversary Festival. It ought to be commemorated, as the Day of Deliverance by solemn Acts of Devotion to God Almighty. It ought to be solemnized with Pomp and Parade, with Shews [performances], Games, Sports, Guns, Bells, Bonfires and Illuminations [fireworks] from one End of this Continent to the other from this Time forward forever more." John Adam's letter to his wife July 3, 1776

In the pre-Revolutionary years, colonists had held annual celebrations of the king's birthday, which traditionally included the ringing of bells, bonfires, processions and speechmaking. By contrast, during the summer of 1776 some colonists celebrated the birth of independence by holding mock funerals for King George III, as a way of symbolizing the end of the monarchy's hold on America and the triumph of liberty. Festivities including concerts, bonfires, parades and the firing of cannons and muskets usually accompanied the first public readings of the Declaration of Independence, beginning immediately after its adoption. Philadelphia held the first annual commemoration of independence on July 4, 1777, while Congress was still occupied with the ongoing war. George Washington issued double rations of rum to all his soldiers to mark the anniversary of independence in 1778, and in 1781, several months before the key American victory at Yorktown, Massachusetts became the first state to make July 4th an official state holiday.

Interesting read for those interested:

July 4th — History.com Articles, Video, Pictures and Facts

(please, don't get me started on Civil War re-enactments)

Well, the way I see it, Mother Earth provided the resources to make fireworks so we can enjoy being alive and independent on July 4th. If Mother Earth didn't want us to have fireworks, she would not have provided the resources to make them.

maybe she is just a bad mother? or, are we just misbehaving children?

Wrong, you do not need to have fireworks to be independent , and man made the fireworks , it has nothing to do with Mother Nature.

I only watch the first one and there was nothing but smoke. I guess some people just like to look at ugly things.

Back