When you were last time in circus?

Teppo

Reaction score
I visit a circus once or twise a year. Yesterday I was in Circus-Finlandia, and have to say I had a good time there. So good tarained animals. Greyhounds who jumped over the llamas and llamas jumed over them. Trained american ponies also. Circus artists from Brasil, Moldovia, Russia, Finland, Italy and maybe Americans. Not so sure because if working in Las Vegas you don't have to be American I think. Took some photos, but I thought that I wasn't allowed to take photos all the time because one lightman pointed the light beam at me several times when I was taking a picture. But anyway. I've got good photos and had a happy time in circus.

^ thread is over.. thank Tousi.. lol
awesome.png

It's been 35 years since I was at a circus.

It was Ringling Brothers Barnum & Baily Circus World in Orlando, FL.

Last edited:
Oh gosh! Probably the last time I went was in maybe 1987 or 88 something like that....I am not fond of it...my oldest went he was maybe 4 years old with daddy and few others friends (all boys only)....he seem enjoyed it....

The last time I was at a Circus was about 20 years ago. It was also the first time and I didn't like it at all :( I have no plan on going to see a Circus!

It was 3 years ago for the kids. It was a small family owned circus.

However, 5 years ago I saw a Cirque Del Sol show...aweeeeeesooommmmeee!!!

The last time I was at a Circus was about 20 years ago. It was also the first time and I didn't like it at all :( I have no plan on going to see a Circus!

Same here. The last time I went, they had a lion act where the trainer cracked his whip and made the cats jump through flaming hoops, etc. One lion sat down and MEOWed and the audience roared with laughter. I felt sick.

Same here. The last time I went, they had a lion act where the trainer cracked his whip and made the cats jump through flaming hoops, etc. One lion sat down and MEOWed and the audience roared with laughter. I felt sick.

Lions meows??? :shock: I thought they only Roared.

They do meow also :cool2: It's a Panthera Leo from the Felidae family after all :wave: thus all cats meow no matter how big they are.

Guess it depends on how you describe "Meows"

I have never heard a lion meow like a small feline.

I've witnessed excessive animal cruelty too often at the circus. The last time I went was back in the 90s. That was the last straw.

Guess it depends on how you describe "Meows"

I have never heard a lion meow like a small feline.

LOL, sure a lion's or tiger's meowing is different from a cat's meow... I sure though know difference between meowing and roaring :cool2: I have been to zoo's too many times in my life :giggle: And I'm also too much of a kitty lover to know the difference :D

I read elephants can cry tears when in pain. I think circuses should ban , the animals are threated horrible.

I can't remember the last time I went to a circus; probably over 30 years ago.

The one that I remember was at Madison Square Garden, probably in the 1960's.

They do meow also :cool2: It's a Panthera Leo from the Felidae family after all :wave: thus all cats meow no matter how big they are.
Do you have a description of a lion's meow? I've searched the web and I can't find it. The only link I found with lion "sounds" was this one:

BBC - Wildlife Finder - Lion (video, facts and news)

but they were roaring.

I read that the cubs make a meow sound but nothing about the adults.

I found websites that explain why lions and other big cats can't purr but nothing about meowing.

:dunno:

Do you have a description of a lion's meow? I've searched the web and I can't find it. The only link I found with lion "sounds" was this one:

BBC - Wildlife Finder - Lion (video, facts and news)

but they were roaring.

I read that the cubs make a meow sound but nothing about the adults.

I found websites that explain why lions and other big cats can't purr but nothing about meowing.

:dunno:

I guess it's just me interpreting lions sounds differently. After researches, thank you, I learnt that lions apprently can't meow :Oops: my bad... I figured that when the lion roared and didn't feel upset, it rather was a meowing sound to me, hence I assumed they do meow...

Tigers do meow though 'cause I've heard them while a visit to the zoo. :cool2:

Here's an example of a tiger: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0xu0Ox4ouk]YouTube - Siberian Tiger Meow[/ame] (not my video!!!) - in the hope that you can hear this... I hear similar sound coming from a Lion, that's why...

back to topic... feel free to PM me if you want :wave:

Back