When you talk, can you hear your voice?

skunker

Reaction score
I'm confused by some of the things I'm reading in this forum.

I have read that some of you can not hear your voice when you talk. What is meant by this? I am HoH and when I talk, I can hear my voice. Is this not the same thing as what the "normal" person hears when I talk to them?

I have read that some of you can not hear your voice when you talk. What is meant by this? I am HoH and when I talk, I can hear my voice. Is this not the same thing as what the "normal" person hears when I talk to them?

Shucks, aren't we deafies normal folk?

when I had my hearing aid(now cochlear implant) on, yes I can hear myself talk, not clearly, but I could. But without it, I could not.. I could only feel the nasal/vibration when I talk.

If I am not wearing my HOH I will talk louder , I do not realize I am talking too loud unless someone tell me.

Sorry guys, I need a bit more clarification.

I can feel the nasal/vocal vibration but also hear my voice, maybe not as clear as normal hearing people.

Sorry guys, I need a bit more clarification.

I can feel the nasal/vocal vibration but also hear my voice, maybe not as clear as normal hearing people.

actually that confuse me more on what you are trying to ask.

I can hear my voice when I speak as long as I have my HAs on. Without, I can't. But I can feel the vibration.

Not only can I hear myself talk, but when I think, I have voices singing in japanese.

Too bad it always happens when there isn't an interpreter to be found ...

yes .... j/k

Many hearing people speak into a tape recorder and when they play it back, they are shocked to hear what they actually sound like.

I'm just not sure if I'm hearing my voice.

30cmyc3.jpg

Yea, many people that have excellent voices actually hate their voices, especially when they hear themselves on tape/video. There are even celebrities that do not watch their own movies due to this.

I can hear my voice, but I can't hear all the sounds I make. When I make any sibilant and fricative (s, th, f, etc), all I hear is air being forced out of my mouth. My hearing aids definitely help though.

Before I got my CI I wore hearing aids and I couldn't hear myself when I made high-frequency sounds (this did lead to a habit of not pronouncing them when I should have, which I've tried to correct)

I can definitely second that sentiment about not liking your own voice when you hear it played back. I REALLY dislike hearing my own voice - it's more high pitched than I would like :lol:

I'm just not sure if I'm hearing my voice.

Can you hear other people?

I think I know what you are trying to ask. you are trying to see if at the whole time you thought you were hearing your voice, it was the vibration/nasal you were feeling.

If so, yeah, it does seem like I'm hearing my voice without my aids. But I know I'm not.

I can hear my voice when I speak if I have my CI on. If it's off, no I can't hear myself speak.

Back