When Should I ..........

sbeards19

Reaction score
I have been talking to this very sweet deaf guy named Matt for a week now his sn is SbeardsMMiller on here. My name and his together ;) How do I know when it is the right time to meet ? And tell my parents about him ? And all that good stuff? I really like him A LOT and I feel like I have known him for years. Hes a wonderful guy, and I cant wait to meet him ... but I also dont want to rush things and screw it all up. Any help ???

well, just follow ur heart and feel it if u are ready or not.. also dont rush okay.. take time and to get know more each other.. allright.. GOOD LUCKY!

TweetyBird said:
well, just follow ur heart and feel it if u are ready or not.. also dont rush okay.. take time and to get know more each other.. allright.. GOOD LUCKY!
Thanks... I want to meet him soo bad but thing is neither of us drives yet and I want to wait till I learn to drive but that wont be until end of summer I hope so we would have to meet via train ( him coming here and then we would walk around mytown or soemthing) So I am just going to wait I told him that I wanted to wait to meet and he is ok with it... I just wish I could be with him on his birthday but I know I wont be driving by then...........I dunno, part of me says go for it right now and part of me says wait

Tell your parents about him in this way: "Mom, Dad, I met a great guy. I feel this could be serious. We'll have our first date soon. I'm excited."

Dad: "Oh? How'd you meet him?"

You being sarcastic: "I met him in prison."

LOL Just kidding. Parents WILL worry, but time will soothe things over. It looks like over thousands of couples meet online everyday, anyway. I'd rent the movie "You've got mail" with meg ryan, and show your parents.. then make comments there and here, see if they are biting. Then you can see how ready they are to hear your news.

I met my husband online - we were actually introduced to one another by a mutual friend, but we did meet on here first (online, not AD) before we knew each other in person. My parents didn't have a problem with where we met, they had more of a problem with him having been married before. They've adjusted somewhat. LOL.

Bottom line though, sbeards, you've gotta follow your own instincts, and if Matt is the one you want, then you go get 'im. ;) Do listen to your parents, but if need be, put your foot down and tell them how you feel. Things have a way of working out. ;)

You will find tons of information and support for online dating in this great website ...www.lovingyou.com. There are a lot of tips/advice there for you.

I can only offer one line of sage wisdom ( been there, done that and wont do it again)

Always listen to your GUTS! They know the best! Dont ignore red flags period.

Best of luck :)

Meg said:
I can only offer one line of sage wisdom ( been there, done that and wont do it again )

Always listen to your GUTS! They know the best! Dont ignore red flags period.

Best of luck :)

:hug: meg and i have had OUR SHAREs of online datings right meggie!?!? :roll:

FeistyChick said:
:hug: meg and i have had OUR SHAREs of online datings right meggie!?!? :roll:

amen! thank god its O V E R !! but yeah we ve been molded and gained experiences whether these were good or bad!

:)

Nervous!!!!

K I am extremelyyyy nervous Matt and I are meeting on Monday going out for day he is taking train from boston to come get me in Norwood ( same state) and then we are gettin back on train and going out :) im extremely nervous. then he is riding back with me on train to norwood :) I cant wait.... but im nervous at same time... and im just going to lie to my parents where I am going cuz I dont care lol Im 19 they should be more worried about my 14 year old sister than me

sbeards19 said:
K I am extremelyyyy nervous Matt and I are meeting on Monday going out for day he is taking train from boston to come get me in Norwood ( same state) and then we are gettin back on train and going out :) im extremely nervous. then he is riding back with me on train to norwood :) I cant wait.... but im nervous at same time... and im just going to lie to my parents where I am going cuz I dont care lol Im 19 they should be more worried about my 14 year old sister than me
oh man u dont need lie to ur parents abt that.. what if it happen to u and ur parents start worry where u are at... better think abt it..

Monday

I'll bet you are excited! It sounds like great fun and adventure. But what if there was an accident of some kind? Make sure you have plenty of I.D. on you so that your family can be contacted.

I was wondering how old you were. Thanks for that information.

sbeards19 said:
and im just going to lie to my parents where I am going cuz I dont care lol Im 19 they should be more worried about my 14 year old sister than me

Please dont start this potential wonderful relationship with a lie. What if you guys hit it off so well and you will be forced to admit the truth eventually to your parents when they meet him or whatnot? Your parents will be forced to judge him harshly whether it was his idea or not about lying.

It is not worth it. Karma is karma.

Meg said:
Please dont start this potential wonderful relationship with a lie. What if you guys hit it off so well and you will be forced to admit the truth eventually to your parents when they meet him or whatnot? Your parents will be forced to judge him harshly whether it was his idea or not about lying.

It is not worth it. Karma is karma.
Well I am 19 to answer a previous message and he is 24. I am not technically lying b/c I am going to tell them I am going out with a guy who i met from a friend who I had met previously and things didnt work out with him cuz he was a jerk face. So technically I am not lying :) Just they dont like when I meet ppl online they dont understand that its wht most people do now a days and I did background check on him and everything....... its not like im going to his house we will be meeting in public and going to public place...

Hi, sbeards19
How long have you talk to him online? Is your mom and dad treating you nice then u can trust to tell them about it. Rushing habits always ruin the feelings in first place. Waiting is more romantic more communication comfort then u can have a good trust completely to ready for engaged later in years depend on trust number one. Do not let him boss to you telling you what to do 24/7. If what you want then sometimes he have to respect you and not ruin to mess of what you want to do. If he does not want to do things with you or critcize about your family or about what you do for life trying to change that mean he don't accept you for true love and only use you for nothing, then don't keep up with him. Follow your comfort feeling even with trust. Watch for lies or truths. If you love your parents and they love you enjoying hearing ya and not mad at you at all then you can tell anytime you want... I'm sure parents will tell you same things as I just said my experiences. Have a nice day.

sweet4u618 said:
Hi, sbeards19
How long have you talk to him online? Is your mom and dad treating you nice then u can trust to tell them about it. Rushing habits always ruin the feelings in first place. Waiting is more romantic more communication comfort then u can have a good trust completely to ready for engaged later in years depend on trust number one. Do not let him boss to you telling you what to do 24/7. If what you want then sometimes he have to respect you and not ruin to mess of what you want to do. If he does not want to do things with you or critcize about your family or about what you do for life trying to change that mean he don't accept you for true love and only use you for nothing, then don't keep up with him. Follow your comfort feeling even with trust. Watch for lies or truths. If you love your parents and they love you enjoying hearing ya and not mad at you at all then you can tell anytime you want... I'm sure parents will tell you same things as I just said my experiences. Have a nice day.
We have been talking like 2-3 weeks Iwould say and he is sweet and I have done background check on him and made sure name and address andn umber match up. He doesnt tell me what to do or anything like that. He understands and all that. He respects me and my choices I think and if he was lying or i felt like he was untrustworthy I wouldnt meet him. I do love my parents and Im sure they love me but dont show it but it is hard to tell them about something like this. I mean, ill just tell them that I am going out with guy friend set me up with b/c they wont let me go out if i say i met him online.

Just take my own advice of what I took earlier...

make DAMN sure he's right for you...don't rush into an relationship until you know the person is definetly right for you. as of for now, just start off as friends with him, even if you think you love him.

sbeards19 said:
We have been talking like 2-3 weeks Iwould say and he is sweet and I have done background check on him and made sure name and address andn umber match up. He doesnt tell me what to do or anything like that. He understands and all that. He respects me and my choices I think and if he was lying or i felt like he was untrustworthy I wouldnt meet him. I do love my parents and Im sure they love me but dont show it but it is hard to tell them about something like this. I mean, ill just tell them that I am going out with guy friend set me up with b/c they wont let me go out if i say i met him online.
no offense, but I don't believe 2-3 weeks is long enough to start talking about getting into an relationship with him...

hey, if you don't mind some advice from an old lady, don't lie to your parents. first off, they probably already know more about the situation than you think they do and secondly, you will lose their trust and that is a hard thing to get back.make sure someone knows what is going on, where you are going, etc.

Steel said:
no offense, but I don't believe 2-3 weeks is long enough to start talking about getting into an relationship with him...

I agreed.. I met my fiance online.. we talked everyday for whole 3 1/2 months then finally met in person.. he flew from Va to MN... stayed for a week... its worth.. wait till you feel time is right..
:)

Good luck tho ! :D

sbeards19 said:

The most important part is CHEMISTRY! You don't even know it until you meet in person. Please don't rush it either, one step at a time. It can take months to go into a relationship, it will make things last longer sometimes.

Back