When is it considered babying your children or just showing love?

My boys are teenagers....and just trying to get a hug from them is hard to do sometimes. And at 5'2, I value my back too much to attempt to carry them to bed, even at age 5! HAHA...
But, one thing for sure that they do "require" is a back scratch at 10:45 before going to bed (school the next day). It's been a habit of theirs....so I do expect their wives whenever they marry, will follow the tradition.
Dunno really why men love those "back scratches."

Back scratches feel real nice, and good after a long day. I enjoy them too, but my wife would do the 5 sec scratch and leave me hanging. Only thing is, my kids learned about the back scratches too, and the two oldest will force me to keep scratching their backs.

I don't think there is anything wrong with carrying him up to bed...but your comments about wanting him to stay little etc. do concern me a little... Miss those times, but don't be sad about them...CELEBRATE his growing up! As he becomes more independent, know that you are doing something right, to raise a confident child! Him growing up and becoming more independent isn't a bad thing, and doesn't mean you have to lose the closeness... just that it might change direction.

I want him to stay a baby forever! Time is too short. My daughter is 13 years old and it happened toooo fast.

Love is demonstrating affection: Showing how much you care.

Babying is not forcing the child, or adult, to take responsibility for themselves, their actions, or their responsibilities.

Example:

An affectionate mother might very well hold her child on her lap while it does its homework.

An unaffectionate mother can baby her child by doing its homework while it watches TV.

My son is 13 months old. I feel like time has flown by so fast. I can't imagine him being 13 or 14 years old... Wow. Unfortunately, my baby boy doesn't like being kissed. :'( I have a feeling my cuddle time will be denied very early...

My son is 13 months old. I feel like time has flown by so fast. I can't imagine him being 13 or 14 years old... Wow. Unfortunately, my baby boy doesn't like being kissed. :'( I have a feeling my cuddle time will be denied very early...

Some babies like their space. I found that later they become the most lovable people.

Back