When do "Love" exists?

harleyfever65

Reaction score
When do "Love" exists? I have seen and watch people when they first meet, he or she says, I Love You. This got me to do some thinking. Do they say it because it was the right thing to do when he or she is in a relationship or is it because he or she thinks he or she understands what Love is?

On the other hand, when we plant a seed in the ground, it would requires some universal measure to water the seed without clogging up. It also requires to be put in a good and rich soil than being in a soil where there are full of weeds around. It requires time and patience to allow the seed to grow.

With this same principle, when we meet someone for the first time, we often asked ourselves, "can I trust this person". The more he or she gets to know each other, he or she will eventually develops respect for who he and she is. Within the same take, how much time does it requires to know if someone really do love you for who you are? Is there a time table? People often say, people experience Love in a different level he or she learns.

In the past, when I was dating with someone, she would often say, I Love You and we were only dating for like several weeks. I asked her, "how do you know that you love me"? She stated, "It is because I can feel it". When she asked me "how come I don't say, I love you as much as she does" I told her it because if you look at the nature in life, trees, plants have outweight when harsh weather throws at them and they still stands. But when a relationship oftens in a verbally fights, he or she runs off.

I am amazed when people meet and say he or she is the right person for her and him. But several months later, both split up because they started out too soon with involving intimacy level rather knowing a person first. We all aware how tempatation sex can gets you.

I am aware that men and women feel and think differently when he or she views what is "love".

I have always felt that if you have studs, nails, plywoods, concrete in order to build a house. This same take, should be the same way when building a foundation in a relationship when "respect, trust, communication, and friendship" should be working together. Of course, I have seen people starts with intimacy and may lack trust and communcation because he or she did not open it up like it should. Of course, "caring, kind, supportive, passionate, affectionate, warm, considerate" are considered components like branches on trees. The more fruits grows on tree, the more bundant of love grows.

The question here, how much time do you need to know a person before "love exist" knowing that it is there without a doubt? Can he or she loves a person without having those component grows? Or do those componets should be able to grow in order to develop love for who he and she is? As mentioned earlier, that sex is part of a relationship but it can hinder or cloud the mind and say "I should wait until he or she gets to know a little bit more to see if friendship, respect, trust and communication exists first before he or she can begin to say I Love you".

Your thought?

Last edited:
hmm thisis an intereting one for sure, i always thought about this, and often i never get a chance discuss it, glad you brought it up altought i gotta ponder on this one before contribute, as franky im not sure where to start...be back later
cheers

The question here, how much time do you need to know a person before "love exist" knowing that it is there without a doubt? Can he or she loves a person without having those component grows? Or do those componets should be able to grow in order to develop love for who he and she is? As mentioned earlier, that sex is part of a relationship but it can hinder or cloud the mind and say "I should wait until he or she gets to know a little bit more to see if friendship, respect, trust and communication exists first before he or she can begin to say I Love you".

Your thought?

This is a thought provoking question. I'll try to answer this as best as I can to my ability.

As you know, every relationship is different. As for having these components in the relationship - All of these are very important. It is because with these components, a couple will be able to go through any obstacles that comes up their way. Without it, How would the relationship last?

Time is something else. There's no way knowing how much time is needed to know for sure if you're in love with that certain person. Some say there's love at first sight and some say it takes time to fall in love. There's no rights or wrong in this.

In overall, I suppose it is all about how you know it for yourself.

In the past, when I was dating with someone, she would often say, I Love You and we were only dating for like several weeks. I asked her, "how do you know that you love me"? She stated, "It is because I can feel it". When she asked me "how come I don't say, I love you as much as she does" I told her it because if you look at the nature in life, trees, plants have outweight when harsh weather throws at them and they still stands. But when a relationship oftens in a verbally fights, he or she runs off.
Your thought?

I am little lost on this one what you mean in the past?

I can give my thought on the topic, in my opinion, love takes time to build on. Love is taking your relationship to the highest love to do the extraordinary for someone. Understanding their communication, let me elaborate on that here. I read a book, called Five Languages of Love for husband/wives. I am not sure, if your directing this thought on a serious level on marriage or a relationship bf/gf? In my opinion, they are two different levels. I will remain on the strongest level marriage.

Let me get back on track , I learned a lot from the book, understanding that person's specific communication, for example, your mate might like compliments, telling him/her they look lovely or handsome in a particular outfit. Fulling the persons needs doing things for him/her washing their car, taking out the trash etc.. Its doing the small things for them.

I can do a surface love here , do take your time on the relationship not rushing into anything you might regret later on. The heart is sensitive and love is not a game. If you find yourself accepting the person for who they are including the bad habits like him leaving the toilet seat up or her leaving her make -up around bathroom sink, you get the idea.

Just my :2c:

i don't believe in love when first get in relationship and i believe to be slow and get to know each other even take easy and see what will happen next. i don't believe in rush into relationship that can be ruined that i have make mistake to take as it goes 2 years ago and i learn my lesson not to do that again.

if i got in relationship in the future and i need to remind myself and my future other to take easy and lead it slow.

When do "Love" exists? I have seen and watch people when they first meet, he or she says, I Love You. This got me to do some thinking. Do they say it because it was the right thing to do when he or she is in a relationship or is it because he or she thinks he or she understands what Love is?

Love exists ever since this earth was made.

On the other hand, when we plant a seed in the ground, it would requires some universal measure to water the seed without clogging up. It also requires to be put in a good and rich soil than being in a soil where there are full of weeds around. It requires time and patience to allow the seed to grow.

With this same principle, when we meet someone for the first time, we often asked ourselves, "can I trust this person". The more he or she gets to know each other, he or she will eventually develops respect for who he and she is. Within the same take, how much time does it requires to know if someone really do love you for who you are? Is there a time table? People often say, people experience Love in a different level he or she learns.

I am amazed when people meet and say he or she is the right person for her and him. But several months later, both split up because they started out too soon with involving intimacy level rather knowing a person first. We all aware how tempatation sex can gets you.

I am aware that men and women feel and think differently when he or she views what is "love".

I have always felt that if you have studs, nails, plywoods, concrete in order to build a house. This same take, should be the same way when building a foundation in a relationship when "respect, trust, communication, and friendship" should be working together. Of course, I have seen people starts with intimacy and may lack trust and communcation because he or she did not open it up like it should. Of course, "caring, kind, supportive, passionate, affectionate, warm, considerate" are considered components like branches on trees. The more fruits grows on tree, the more bundant of love grows.

Your thought?

My thought ? Well, it varies because love grows in different degrees. All are not the same that grows on the same level. Some grows fast, some grows slow.

I would like to share somethin' with you. This is my own experience, I just learned ever since I met this guy. He is my love. At first, everythin' was a mystery when I first met him. Mystery is a good thing for me :lol: It's more challengin' to learn some new things for myself. When he and I communicate by gettin' to know each other thru teasings, playful, and all that kind of " love " ( to please each other with mind, soul and heart ), I find it very, very pleasant experience.... and, THAT is where it starts to grow. Teasings and playful are the best to start with. :giggle: This will bring us to laugh and smile alot! Always eye contacts! It's a must! LOL
After all that we started out with, we began to communicate serious about general issues ( our likings and dislikings ). We discovered that we have the SAME likings and dislikings. :-o I am startin' to see myself IN him and he sees himself IN me without a mistake and we both understand each other better.

Of course, we had small ( minor ) disagreement on some issues. It's normal because, it will make our relationship more stronger. We have to expect some " thorns " in relationship ... just like weeds around the healthy flowers and you have to pull that weeds out from the healthy flowers to keep the flowers alive. Mistakes are the " thorns ". Learn from each other and experience your mistakes to help you to grow mature. If, that person have a bad habit about his/her issue ( drugs, goin' out to stripper places alot, and so forth then that person has a problem ).

There's no timetable. Love goes by how you treat, communicate, and your actions. It depends on an individual. It depends on you, too.:)

Last edited:
Back