What's Your Zen Moment?

ladysolitary85

Reaction score
I've been under a lot of stress lately and finally found something to put me in a zen moment (normally tea does it for me but I don't have any good ones at the moment). My girlfriend's sister has this Bath and Body Works Jasmine Vanilla Sugar Scrub so I got curious, thought I'd try it out.

And oh my I am so lost for words! I feel like I just walked out of a day spa and I've NEVER found anything that could have that effect on me before :giggle:

Never knew sugar scrubs had such an impact like that!

I think though I've finally found something to help put me in a zen moment.:D Which I've been needing since I just recently found out I have Stage 1 Hypertension and struggling to get health insurance to see a doctor on that. Anxiety I'm sure doesn't help as well as being overweight so I'm in the meantime, taking steps to a healthy diet and find ways to help calm my anxiety.

Anyways, what is you guy's zen moment? a favorite product, thing you do, place you go that just lifts you and refresh you?

Sitting by the lake does wonders for me. Especially at nighttime when I can see the beautiful moonlight.

Sitting by the lake does wonders for me. Especially at nighttime when I can see the beautiful moonlight.

I'm also drawn to water and nature :D Enspecially the ocean.... which I hope to see this summer! Also love fall when the colors in the trees start changing.

Playing with my dogs.

I uses to loves to take walks in the woods with Finlay and he would bring his tennis ball for me to throw , that was his Zen moment ,mine was being in the woods with my dog. I take walks with Marty now that is our Zen moment. I uses to spend hours at the ocean when I was a teenager, the beach was in walking distance, it was very peaceful listening to waves .

Being outside, on my own, consciously taking in my surroundings brings me peace and relaxation. Most often I am walking and my favorite places are trails, beaches and parks. I try my best not to think about work, to-do lists, meal planning, or other people - just what is beautiful around me and, often, matching my rhythm to whatever is playing on my ipod (if I have it with me). No matter where I am or what season it is, it's a regular 'must-do' for me.

Motorcycling, fishing, hiking, hunting are all good zen times for me.

yoga stretchin, steamin hot tub w/ candlelight, sounds of ocean waves, waterfalls, forest mountains, tropical rainforest, massage w/orchestra music, watchin sunset beach, moonlight stars silence, watchin birds feeder, polish nails mellow n' relaxin music meditation.

Last edited:
yoga stretchin, steamin hot tub, sounds of ocean waves, forest mountains n' tropical rainy w/orchestra waltz music, watchin sunset beach, moonlight stars silence, watchin birds feeder, polish nails mellow n' relaxin music meditation.

Really , nails polish?? I can't stand the smell of it!

I thought that moment of zen meant overblowing, contradictory but incredible, etc, but anyway.

Everybody knows what my answer is: Drink. But I shouldn't drink.

hmmm it does take a lot of practice but now it's very easy for me to get into zen moment aka "Matrix Mode". everything is completely blocked out when I'm in matrix mode, working on something.

I wish we all have the money in the world to be able to afford a private masseur/chef or luxurious spa everyday. so for you - you just need to find a "trigger" to get into a zen mode when you're trying to work, relax, etc. that's why lot of hearing people wear earphones when working/reading/etc.

I'll give you a few examples that may help you since I don't know what would make you feel happy/peaceful/warm.

1. you're stressed out and you're working on a paper. you're getting writer's block or frequent headaches and you feel like you're dragging a cinder block. so you light up a candle and put it on table. you sit and just rest for a moment to clear your mind. you watch the candle. then you look at the paper while candle's in your peripheral view. then your mind starts to have a clarity and you feel more calm.

2. just a short while ago - I had a huge writer's block to do this work. all of sudden, I had this strong craving to listen to [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZ9qWpa2rIg]Bach - Brandenburg Concertos No.3 - i: Allegro Moderato - YouTube[/ame] and then I can start working again and I just finished it. I have several ways that can help me to concentrate and it depends on my mood to pick one that will help me. I like listening to very somber soul-touching classical music of solo or small ensemble of string or wind... and country music. another method which is not under my control because unfortunately I don't have the power to summon the storm :giggle: . I sit on a table in living room, facing entire view of NYC. what makes me feel peaceful is watching the thunderstorm and lightning strikes. it's majestically beautiful. it reminds me of long time ago when I was hiking at night in that weather. happy memory. I do find Deanna Durbin's Ave Maria very heavenly.

3. reading a book or working or conversing with a good friend at the park with your cellphone turned off

4. time management. if you always have hard time sleeping because of anxiety... then you need to stick with your own schedule. for ie - 1 hour before you sleep... cellphone off. FB off. because you do not need to read something that upsets you. you can wait until tomorrow morning to deal with it. meanwhile - maybe watch a happy video or read a book. or work on your hobby like growing a small plant, drawing, or knitting. your precious 1-hr period before you sleep is the "ME Time".

hope that helps :)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cqESZcC8VU]Sleep Music: Sleeping Music and Relaxing Music for sleeping,Relax,Lullabies to help you Sleep - YouTube[/ame]

I love the moment when you walk outside and the wind blows. It catches in your hair and makes you take a deep breath and for just a moment everything is awesome and beautiful.

Also... I tend to get very zen when I'm lifting weights. Sounds stupid... but it makes me feel so good.

ladysolitary - any success in finding your zen moment?

Jiro, a few things helps put me in my zen moment, if I can go outdoors anything nature helps me (camping trip, visiting the ocean), if I'm stuck at home and feeling super stressed out I've found that using body sugar scrubs helps not only lift my moods but good for my skin too :) So sometimes self-pampering does the trick!

What's funny is after I tried the scrub I told my girlfriend after she came home from work to try it and she came out awhile later with this look as if she just left a day spa lol! kinda nice!

What also helps is tea, really good tea nothing tea bagged, the stuff you strain. that's amazing stuff!

had to google sugar scrub. not sure if I want to rub my body with sticky thing... :lol:

My zen moments are hanging out with nature or go for a walk and browse around the surrounding areas.

i used to get it when i was running long distances 22k, 150ks a week...id get a runner's high, that was Zen, another time it wen i was I at peak in motocross, on the favourite home track, especialy after that particular big jumps and whoopedos into a huge sharp, left turning berm......
it was like the BEST flow, and control, and best speed , SOoo smoooth...as if i was racing, there's be NO body would past me on this '3 lines'... the balance between back wheel, front forks and wheel, and the angles pointing of the front bar was just amazing... al other parts of the track stil was bit confusing but this piece was my 'track' every lap i go around...and hit that spot, it was my Zen and when the sunset was on, after a long hot day, it was like nothing compares.

stupid i know...but i bet all racers have their secret spots on a track(2) or two

god i miss those days it was 20 years ago, and just felt like it was last week...

Back