What's your lunch tonight?

My 13 year old son made me a super low carb, grain free pizza that was fantastically delicious. The recipe is here.

IMG_3465.JPG

I am giving my new crockpot a workout. Made chicken cacciatore today. So good!

I really do like this plan of preparing things at mid- day and then letting the slow cooker do the rest of the work all afternoon.

Today, we are having sirloin tip and country vegetable soup.

vegetable and barley soup in mushroom stock. Just the thing for a chilly rainy day.

Homemade honey wheat bread with peanut butter and black raspberry preserves.

Yes, that's right but I liked their regular chips. Haven't been back there in eons but I have a brother who works for them as a district manager. And if I remember correctly, they are a Canadian company.

Wow, I had no idea that Old Dutch was in areas of the States as well. For many years Old Dutch was the only brand of chips we had. They originated in Winnipeg and western Canada was their niche market. Saturday nights my parents would let us all share one bag out of a box (I swear the bags were much bigger back then ha!) and have our own bottle of Happy Pop. What a treat!

I am lunch something :P , I don't like pancake weird, :lol: today I am puzzled it!

I returned from my holiday yesterday. After a suggestion from a friend, I chose to have some Irish beer: Beamish. That and spaghetti with meat sauce.

Chicken salad with green onions instead of relish. No bread, no crackers. Water with stevia and lemon juice. Licorice tea.

I'm making chicken soup with left over Cornish hen, veggies and egg noodles for lunch.

Hubby started his shift change so meals are at opposite times almost.

For lunch, we had dinner. seasoned chicken breast tenderloins sauteed with onions, garlic and mushrooms, white rice and mixed vegetables.

Hubby started his shift change so meals are at opposite times almost.

For lunch, we had dinner. seasoned chicken breast tenderloins sauteed with onions, garlic and mushrooms, white rice and mixed vegetables.

That's what I grew up with for a different reason!

My dad sold cars and people wanted to look at them when they were off. So . . . it was easier for him to get away at a set time in the middle of the day rather than in the evening. On top of that I went to grade school (1-8 no city kindergarden back then) two blocks from home and most of us left (there were a few that lived at the far end of the district that brought their lunch) for the hour lunch period. As a result of all this we had the big meal of the day in the middle of the day. Mom actually preferred that rather than have to spend the evening cleaning up after a big meal.

That is still my preference. They only years that I did not get to do it were during high school. Once I was working there were a number of years when I did go home; then there was a period when we had a full kitchen in the room that was a combination of way to show cabinets available and conference room. Rather than take the time to go somewhere to eat I took TV dinners and sat back and read while eating. They liked someone being there straight through (I could still answer a voice phone at that time) and even pulled and older range out (that was in storage in case of problems with one in any of the rental apartments) when we had trouble with the demo unit. Now as a retiree there is no question of me deciding what I eat when!

:wave:FF and Rio, my husband LOVES Chaobani yogurt.

I had lentil soup, salad and oatmeal.

Back