What's your FEAR?

that's why it's a partial reason. your description of Passive Aggressive is more accurate description of me than Liza's because i'm not angry or frustrated. I guess that's another definition of Passive Aggressiveness. Would you say "maverick" is passive aggressive too?

Just a few little things contributed to me being late - insomniac + tons of unpredictable constructions in my area lately + bus's frequently late up to 25 min.

Ahhh, but someone who is not exhibiting passive agressive behavior would compensate for the bus that is often 25 minutes late by taking an earlier bus, thus putting them in a position of adhering to their work schedule, rather than using the bus as a ready made excuse for not showing up on time.

Of course, everyone will run into circumstances that prevent promptness occasionally. But to know that the bus is likely to be late, and not take action to compensate for that fact in order to meet your obligations is indicative of passive aggression.

Not recognizing that you are angry or frustrated is why you must resort to passive-agressive behavior in order to deal with the feelings.

Ahhh, but someone who is not exhibiting passive agressive behavior would compensate for the bus that is often 25 minutes late by taking an earlier bus, thus putting them in a position of adhering to their work schedule, rather than using the bus as a ready made excuse for not showing up on time.

Of course, everyone will run into circumstances that prevent promptness occasionally. But to know that the bus is likely to be late, and not take action to compensate for that fact in order to meet your obligations is indicative of passive aggression.

funny thing is - I did take earlier bus (30 min earlier) and I'm still late but just up to 15 min because it's still morning rush hour. Construction traffic is there until about 11am. So in my mind - why bother? If i were to be late anyway, I'll just sleep s'more. not worth a trouble to wake up 2 hours beforehand. I wake up 1 hr beforehand now.

It sucks big time. That's why I'm perusing through sites to find a nice affordable bike so I can get to work in just 15 min instead of 1 hr 30 min.

That's why I live in a small town. One minute drive to anywhere, and a 5 mminute drive to the big town, and a 5-10 minute walk to anywhere in town.

funny thing is - I did take earlier bus (30 min earlier) and I'm still late but just up to 15 min because it's still morning rush hour. Construction traffic is there until about 11am. So in my mind - why bother? If i were to be late anyway, I'll just sleep s'more. not worth a trouble to wake up 2 hours beforehand. I wake up 1 hr beforehand now.

It sucks big time. That's why I'm perusing through sites to find a nice affordable bike so I can get to work in just 15 min instead of 1 hr 30 min.

Yep. Passive aggressive. If a 15 minute delay is possible, I won't do anything to mediate the fact that I am choosing to be 40 minutes late.

Yep. Passive aggressive. If a 15 minute delay is possible, I won't do anything to mediate the fact that I am choosing to be 40 minutes late.

something I learned about myself today! It's not always 40 min late but sometimes. that's why i said up to 40 min late. I think I was 40 min late twice this week.

Somebody please spanks me! I've been a bad boy :cool2: preferably a nun :naughty:

something I learned about myself today! It's not always 40 min late but sometimes. that's why i said up to 40 min late. I think I was 40 min late twice this week.

Somebody please spanks me! I've been a bad boy :cool2: preferably a nun :naughty:

You are forgiven. Just use your new found knowledge about yourself to change your behavior for the positive.

And that, my friend, is what counseling is all about! Helping the individual to achieve insight about themselves and then use that insight to improve their circumstances.

You are forgiven. Just use your new found knowledge about yourself to change your behavior for the positive.

And that, my friend, is what counseling is all about! Helping the individual to achieve insight about themselves and then use that insight to improve their circumstances.

so... it's free right? <point at something, run away>

Me too. My friend was in a bad car accident, and she's in a coma fighting for her life at the moment. She's 20. She has two small kids.
That's why i'm afraid of car accidents. It's unpredictable, people and families are hurt. I hope your friend pull through just fine.

That's why i'm afraid of car accidents. It's unpredictable, people and families are hurt. I hope your friend pull through just fine.

Me too. It was a drunk driving accident, her boyfriend and her both were drunk, he was driving when they flipped the car.

I'd gotten bus and van accidents by stupid drunk men drove wreck. It's scared me. I got injury on my neck stiff and ankle. I rode an ambulance to ER for outpatient. But I never get bad injury.

I hate to see the fire when it's car accident. It would fear me as HELL.

Back