What's your fave movies (GLBT)?

Lasza

Premium Lurker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Can you tell me what's ur fave movies (GLBT)?

1.) Aimee and Jaguar

2.) Everything Relative

3.) High Art

"To Wong Foo,
Thanks For Everything!
Julie Newmar" :thumb:

Oh yes, In and Out was really funny!

Just remembered this: "The Birdcage"

Do "Mrs. Doubtfire" count?

THUMBS UP:

Hedwig
Rocky Horror Picture Show
Wigstock, the movie.
Stonewall
and previously mentioned Priscilla, Queen of the Desert

NOT BAD:

Kissing Jessica Stein
Princessa
Bound
High Art
Better than Chocolate
Wong Fo

Many other good ones sadly not captioned so I won't mention them.

Banjo, any comments?

Bush_in_2004! said:
Rocky Horror Picture Show

Banjo, any comments?

I did enjoy Rocky Horror Picture Show even though Tim Curry was creepy as hell!

There's a movie of Kevin Smith's, Chasing Amy. I have it on DVD.

That movie with Jennifer Aniston in it, The Object of My Affection... quite a number of critics panned it but I enjoyed it because of the efforts made to make the movie very sensitive to relationship between a hetrosexual and a homosexual as possible. I would recommend that movie to several people as long they are not narrow-minded.

Myself, I believe Jennifer Aniston will win an Oscar someday. I can see it happening. From what I have heard, Jennifer don't even do research before doing a movie like most actors would including her hubby, Brad Pitt. It just take her a few minutes to get into it and show just the right emotions.

Even though she play a bubbly characters on the series, Friends. She has the potential to be a great actress.

Anyway, there's a movie with Marlee in it, It's My Party... a bad movie in my honest opinion.

The acting were too... surreal and corny for my tastes since it tried to be serious.

Just in case you folks didn't know. At first, I wasn't aware that this movie involved gay people. Of course, I was startled to see naked men running around since I was like what?

14?

The thing is, it's rare for a movie to show naked men. But I'm very open-minded when it come to movies with explict sex scenes.

But that movie, it was just for shock value. They made the gay community look bad in some ways because of the party they showed in the movie.

Still, without that scene... the movie would still had sucked.

speaking of naked men . . .

I don't think there are any scenes of naked men in any movie on my list with the possible exception of "Wigstock" . . .

Birdcage
Better than Chocolate
To Wong Foo, thanks for Everything! Julie Newmar :lol:

Its not that I want any, but rather, I'd hate to disappoint anyone else reading these reviews. I suppose kuifje75's list is an alternative to some although none of the movies ring a bell. :dunno:

Better than Chocolate
Bound
Birdcage
Boys Dont Cry

To Wong Foo, Thanks Julie Newmar -- i only have caught some segments not all of it sheesh :o but does look funny

another movie something abt cheerleaders uhmm MizzDeaf -- help me out on this what was the title for this one qq i forgot! :(

Two movies I loved best..

"To Wong Foo.. with thanks, Julie Newmar"
"Personal Best" -1982 (Mariel Hemingway)

I personally preferred "Personal Best" because it was my first GLBI movie I ever saw and it was really wonderful because it was about lesbian lovers competing together for 1990 Olympics together. They were sharing trials and tribulations like a couple was going through. Mariel Hemingway did a fantastic job acting in "Personal Best" and this movie wasn't smutty or anything.

Attachments

• PersonalBest.jpg
    PersonalBest.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 82
Fly Free ~

oh mmmmmm its BUT I AM CHEERLEADER.

Boys Dont Cry, Bound, Better than Choclate, French Twist, and Everything Relative.....I had some more but I lost all of them so that is all I can remmy. :D

But I'm A Cheerleader, did rawk! I LOVE that movie...my sister took me to go see it in the theatres

lol - i did like that movie "but I am a cheerleader"

I like les cages aux foliex (I think the spelling?) america made an adaption from that french film - you guys know it as the Birdcage with robin williams - so weird to see him butch lol

the other fave i like is "If those walls could talk" I dont know if they count.....

I will try the other movies you guys gave a thumbs up!!!

There was another movie, I might be wrong because I can't remember the title correctly, maybe someone can help me out. It's called "The Broken Hearts Club." I didn't see all of it, only missed the beginning. Most of the characters in the movie were all gay. I thought it wasd interesting.

sweetgal154 said:
There was another movie, I might be wrong because I can't remember the title correctly, maybe someone can help me out. It's called "The Broken Hearts Club." I didn't see all of it, only missed the beginning. Most of the characters in the movie were all gay. I thought it wasd interesting.

Yes I saw that and it was good movie. me agree with you.

Boys dont cry... that movie really changed my views on the community :) As a result I'm more open minded

Back