What's your dinner tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look up Scottish recipes; for a long time in their history, oats was their only grain.

As long as its not haggis. :shock:

I'm having steak done med rare and either roasted or home fried potatoes with spinach salad. I got the steak on sale.. :drool:

Feel better quick Bottesini!

I'm having salmon, brown rice with carrots, celeries and onion tonight.

Last night was checken yellw rice and peas.

Tonight - I have had a pot roast and potatoes, carrots, celery and onions in the crock pot all day. Started at 7:30 this morning and will be ready around 6pm this evening. I will be making bisquick biscuits to go with.

I'm thinking I'll have chicken pot pie with onions, carrots and celery with cream of mushroom soup for dinner. Oh, yes, it will have a buttermilk biscuit crust on it. *droool*

Nowadays, I ask if the food has allergens instead of what it's made of; I don't want to discriminate until I actually tried it.

I looked it up on google. I think I'll skip this dish. :giggle:

I just looked up haggis and uh..... :barf:

however - if it's only available food, I'd devour it. every bit of it. :)

Isn't pork intestines popular among Koreans? It's on every Asian (mostly Koreans and North Chinese) hotpot/BBQ menu here.

You'd have to be down to your last, dying breath to eat that. :lol: My apologies to Scots everywhere!

:giggle:

Tonight I'll be having tacos w/ tomatoes, guacamole, sour cream and cheddar cheese. Need a break from the diet just for one day. :cool2:

Tonight is the weight loss group for MIL and son. I'm the driver and dropped out of the group (not deaf friendly). We will be going to a restaurant for salads, I think.

Oven fried chicken, (melts any fat away), one piece only,well drained, one serving broccoli, small serving of farfalle pasta with picante cheez sauce and one only biscuit.

Thanks for the tip on Scottish recipes Souggy, and while researching this I found that barley can lower cholesterol even better than oats. I may try cockaleekie soup with oats and barley. The recipe sounds wonderful. Say, do you think that the prunes would be really necessary? The recipe said to put in two, chopped.

Poor Botti. Get better soon. Wish I could send you some "Greek Penicillan". Its a soup made from garlic, lemon and chicken. Its tasty and the best chicken soup for a cold. Hope you recover quite quickly, with or without the soup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back