What's your dinner tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
how did that go yesterday??

Crisis interfered, I did not get dinner. I watched Heroes alone. I think Deanne Bray will cure Jiro's brain tumor with sound waves she directs with colors.

Today the crisis was over. We all celebrated, and I ate with my older daughter at IHOP with a coupon to make one dinner free.

I ate ham, corn, french fries, and salad. :wave:

We love leeks. You got the right ideas here. They are great with potatoes and chicken in a traditional Scottish or Irish soup. It is called cock-a-leekie. I dont have a recipe, we just do it, potatoes, chicken, leeks and a bit of onion. Nom-Nom-Nom!

Hubby slept in this evening so I did some Thai noodles and steamed veggies.

Bots, I am very happy that you got to go out. It sounds like fun.

We had Lasagna, salad, rolls & tea....ate a little late due to football practice....in the rain!....But exciting news. Matthew's football team (Westside Wildcats) will play at the Jaguars Altel Stadium this Sunday at 3pm versus another team for the championship....and if they win, it's on to Orlando. All the players will be allowed into the Jacksonville Jaguars locker rooms....they are really excited.

Just your basic rice and pork tonight.

Need to learn how to make the following though:
- Verenikje (Ukrainian version of the Russian pelamni or Polish pierogi)
- Jerk pork/chicken/whatever
- Jamaican rice
- Egg tarts
- Summer rolls
- Pho
- Lotus leaf rice
- Roti

Mmm... not sure what else to add to the list.

had crock pot chicken with rice and salad. I made 2 mistakes with my recipe. first, I forgot to unplug my coffee machine and plug in my crockpot so dinner was several hours late.

Recipe called for me to cover my chicken with flour. I didn't read all of it so when I put chicken broth in with the breasts, I just added flour to the broth. The broth came out very saucey and yummy. It's a mistake i'll be glad to make again.

I'll be having left over chicken breasts with spring onions, onions and carrots in that sauce over egg noodles.

Caesar salad , BBQ chicken and Zero cherry coke :) for dessert a fall leaf cookie with chocolate :)

had crock pot chicken with rice and salad. I made 2 mistakes with my recipe. first, I forgot to unplug my coffee machine and plug in my crockpot so dinner was several hours late.

Recipe called for me to cover my chicken with flour. I didn't read all of it so when I put chicken broth in with the breasts, I just added flour to the broth. The broth came out very saucey and yummy. It's a mistake i'll be glad to make again.

I'll be having left over chicken breasts with spring onions, onions and carrots in that sauce over egg noodles.

I'm in a bad mood right now because i jsut found out I didn't put the leftovers in the fridge. :mad:

16169_1130506394907_1594656448_30328227_8011569_n.jpg

Screwed this one up....

Added white pepper instead of black pepper-- and TOO much of it.

And yeah, I know it look greasy. :P I put in about a cup of olive oil before adding the onions, carrots, rockfish (ling cod) and rice in.

Now it just tastes yuuuuuuuuuck.... just because I added two teaspoon of white pepper instead of a sprinkle of black pepper. -_-

I ate it anyway because the lingcod was EXPENSIVE.

I am having chicken soup tonight. The flu finally caught up with me, dang it! Been around several people that have had it. I would recommend you guys take your H1N1 vaccine when it is available to you. This stuff sucks big time. Every muscle in my body aches, and they all scream every time a cough...which is pretty much constantly. Fever finally went down, though.

I had stir fry vegetables and shrimp with brown rice (its the only rice I eat) with egg rolls

Grilled chicken sandwhich with carrot and celery sticks on the side. Small serving of apple cobbler later tonight!

I had burrito, enchilada, rice, and beans at a local Mexican restaurant.

Then I had German chocolate cake at my younger daughter's house as we celebrated my older daughter's birthday.

We celebrate again on Saturday, which is her actual birthday with different parts of the family.

:wave:all
OH NO, jillio, hope you feel much better soon! :aw:

Loghead, are you disappointed about the bagel and eggs?

Bott, :birthday: to your daughter! :D am happy you all have good time and enjoy your Sat, too!

OB, I have that type of meal often, don't eat white rice, just the brown, but also like whole grain red or black rice....don't know if the purple rice comes in whole grain or not....

Jillio, hope you are much better very soon. That sounds awful. My friends used to make a soup called avgo limono (Sp?) Its a Greek chicken soup. They called it Greek Penicillan. It has chicken, lemon and garlic. It is lovely and does make you feel better. Maybe it was because someone cared enough to make it.

Souggy, if you want, I will sent you a roti or chapati recipe and I have a lovely jerk chicken recipe. Just catch me on aim and I will beam it to you. I also have a great recipe for pita.

Tonight was sundried tomato roasted chicken and asparagus in balsamic and lemon vinagrette along with roasted sweet potatoes. I had a fun sized baby ruth bar later.

I am having chicken soup tonight. The flu finally caught up with me, dang it! Been around several people that have had it. I would recommend you guys take your H1N1 vaccine when it is available to you. This stuff sucks big time. Every muscle in my body aches, and they all scream every time a cough...which is pretty much constantly. Fever finally went down, though.

*run away*

I read this info in elevator - eating oyster is effective at combating flu but NO THANK YOU for me! I don't like eating oyster. yuck!

I'm thinking that Jillio is an older, wiser version of me.

I'm also wondering if I have any money in my bank account as my parents are going shopping today.

I will be making smoked salmon over a hickory plank, garlic & basil mashed potatoes, and corn nibblets with diced bell peppers and pearl onions. 12 hours to go, need to get my mind off this! LOL

Tonight dinner menu is Mac and beef I make my own way. :) We loved them mmm! With garlic bread...oh sound so good! :) I may make tons of them so my boys will have left over if I am having baby tonight, tomorrow?? I dunno....wait and see! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back