What's Your Dinner Tonight -- Part II

Homemade spaghetti w/shell pasta. And texas garlic toast. This is my wife's fav bday dinner.

Homemade spaghetti w/shell pasta. And Texas garlic toast. This is my wife's fav bday dinner.

That fits me as well. I like the taste of spaghetti but find actual spaghetti as the pasta part soooo messy to eat. Thus, the preference for a different shape pasta.

Although there is a restaurant here that I think makes really good fried butterflied shrimp. Since there is a group of us that usually goes to eat together after church and if someone has a very close birthday they get to pick the restaurant that is usually me choice when it is my turn.

Then, regardless of what the main part of the meal is, lemon meringue pie for desert! A whole pie is tooooo much for just me so I have this type of pie when eating out. I do have one recipe that can be frozen and just get out a slice at a time.

That fits me as well. I like the taste of spaghetti but find actual spaghetti as the pasta part soooo messy to eat.
I agree. I like my spaghetti sauce thick and sticky as opposed to runny/messy. I think that makes a big difference regardless if using string or shell or other pasta. Trick is to use tom. paste to thicken it. Last time I ordered spaghetti in a restaurant, it was almost like it was string spaghetti in tomato soup. Horrible. But, I assume some folks like it that way. To each their own. :)

If you go to an Italian restaurant , they'll only put a small amount of sauce on their pasta and the sauce isn't soupy . It is hard to find a real good Italian restaurant
today. Now there are chain restaurant like the Oliver Garden and everything is premade and tasteless. I don't like eating at chain restaurants .

I agree. I like my spaghetti sauce thick and sticky as opposed to runny/messy. I think that makes a big difference regardless if using string or shell or other pasta. Trick is to use tom. paste to thicken it. Last time I ordered spaghetti in a restaurant, it was almost like it was string spaghetti in tomato soup. Horrible. But, I assume some folks like it that way. To each their own. :)

I made organic spaghetti :giggle: It was so good taste clean :mrgreen:

Mexican dinner ; chicken quesadilla with beans and rice. Added avocado yummy!

I'm cooking two talipia fishes with herbs and sweet potatoes with brown sugar.

Vegetable beef soup, tangerine, pretzels , and Izze blackberry juice drink.

My husband loves Izze's, but we haven't got it in a while. I had omelette with steamed veggies<broccoli, cauliflower, green beans, onions, carrots> and turkey bacon and Teechino "dandelion dark roast"<coffee alternative that is also their gluten-free selection - decided to try gluten-free some months back to see if it would help with my IC> with almond milk, vanilla and honey in it .

We had a good restaurant to get Pad Thai but it closed up and another took over and they put brown sugar in all their Pad Thai and that too sweet for me . I love Pad Thai

We had a good restaurant to get Pad Thai but it closed up and another took over and they put brown sugar in all their Pad Thai and that too sweet for me . I love Pad Thai

Awww drats! The place closed down. I never seen it made with brown sugar, I agree it would be too sweet.

There's a place near me that makes it good!

Back