What's Wrong with Being Deaf? (UTube)

Great Videos from Mr. Jones :)

:ty:

words havew never been spoken any truer!! :D rock on with knowledge!!:cool2:

I TOTALLY agreee with the man in the video! I was able to understand him perfectly! Been watching ASL videos on youtube for a year or two!

Indeed - Knowledge is power. ;)

Regardless of our deaf or hearing status - It all counts on what you know, not by what gets around being viewed differently.

That message has a lot of meaning for me.

I seconded that with you on this. He is very smart and knows what he is talking about. I agree with him all the way. There is absolutely nothing wrong with our being Deaf at all. I wish that hearing people would just leave us alone with our ASL. It would have make our life more easier and happy being Deaf than to struggle with the oral method. I don't understand why we have to suffer through all this in oral method over the many years as far back in 19th century. I would like to have it stop and go back to Deaf education with ASL only. Hearing audists are sooo stubborn, eh? :roll:

Wonderful video...I feel so good posting here after such a long time!

Anyway, I don't think there's anything wrong with being deaf, in fact I don't think I would have reached such great heights if I was hearing!

Being deaf is such a great motivation! Really, it is...

God...even the question seems crazy. "Wrong?" Deaf simply is, like any reality, life is what we make it. There are people who have what would be considered a "severe disability" and yet live much fuller lives, and love life, more than people who are the norm. "Nothing is good or bad, but thinking makes it so."

What did he say? I can't read sign language and it was hard to read his lips.

That is because he is a strong ASL signer and don't use his mouth much unless he feel like moving his mouth but not clearly. He is signing totally what he express about his feeling on why hearing people thought that deaf is a bad thing and to him it is not a bad thing for us to be Deaf. We are use to it and very proud to be Deaf and not be ashame of it at all. Nothing is wrong with being deaf at all. This is what makes us unique. He is very well known in the Deaf community and boy, he is smart on what he was saying in all the topics in his videos. We understand him one hundred percent. :cool2:

What did he say? I can't read sign language and it was hard to read his lips.

CJ Jones (the guy in the video) is saying --

I'm deaf. I'm fine. I function just fine. I drive. I have a family. I can produce babies. I make people laugh. I travel all across the world. What the hell is going on with having me to hear? It has nothing to do with it. It's all about the knowledge. It's about the heart. It's about the abilities to do something out of your life, not because you can hear and you can do anything (yeah!). Excuse me, Ladies and Gentlemen.... The thoughts/knowledge is the most powerful vehicle to succeed, not to hear or speaking. Reading books in your mind, the force and energy of the universe depends on the knowledge, not what you can hear. Thank You, The End (signing as the script comes up).

If there's any errors in this transcript; Feel free to add in the correction. :)

I agree also, I am a hearing person, just want to know whats on your mind. School project, I am studying to be a special ed teacher.

Awesome vid,

I'm a hearing person and I don't know who CJ is but he makes a helluva point!

It's about the heart!
It's about abilities!
It's about doing something you want!
And....it's about getting what you want out of life!

Period!

Back