What's with MEN??

Tousi said:
Eternity, you obviously do not know the true meaning of "freedom of speech"; it is not completely free. Geezzz, all ya wanna do is come in here and push people's buttons! For most of us that does not work! What works is YOU looking like a silly fool! You RARELY contribute positively/constructively to any topic.

uh, what? Don't assure me that I do not know what does it mean. You assume that I am coming in here to push everyone's button. You are mistake by say this.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Liebling:-))) said:
Yes, the heavy bones can reduce after healthy diet but you must take Calcium, mineral and magnesium during health diet to prevent from weak bone. *sorry off topic*... I will support you if you create a thread... I will give you answer more about bones...

Large frame bones cannot reduce the weight because they were born with it.

eternity said:
Large frame bones cannot reduce the weight because they were born with it.

Yes, I know but it's bone mass, I am talking about. Bones mass can be reduce after weight loss, no matter either you have large or small frame bones.

It can weak bones and loss, also increase osteoporosis risk when you didn't take calcium, mineral, Vitamin D & magnesium enough during diet.

Last edited:
Yiffzer said:
I was only talking to those that wanted to lose their fat. They'd have to work out and lose the flab.

If my wife was fat, I'd be naturally upset. However, her fatness is not of my most utmost concern - it'd be her health. There are some healthy individuals who are just fat. As long as her body is working in optimum condition, I can't complain. Of course, I'd encourage her to lose her fat by working out with me. God knows I need some workout as well. Besides, a lil work out doesn't even hurt. Say... play basketball versus each other? Why not? Or go out and walk together. Romantic yet beneficial.

Health is number 1. Personality is number 2. Fatness is number 3. ;)

I can't talk to a person if they're not healthy. I can't talk to a person if they're not nice. And I sure can't appreciate the person's beauty if they're completely fat. A lot of women are usually normal without any health issues so I'm not fearing this at all.

I'm sorry to hear about your thyroid issue. That one is a big issue and it's hard to combat, yes. Isn't there a type of medicine or a surgery to fix the thyroid issue? Once you fix this, your body will begin to work more consistently and you'd get your true weight. But I have to ask you - why did you get thyroid issues in the first place? If you abused food or had improper growth in your early age, then that would be the obvious reason. You can't blame on a disorder for that but yourself or your parents.

I can't fix your health even if I wanted to. They're are your problems. ;) I accept every single person in this world - even a murderer, even the nicest person in the world, even a gay person. I accept anything. I don't hate anyone. ;)

-J.

Speakin' of HEALTH... bingo ! That's what I've been tryin' to explain in my previous posts. It is what it could affect a man's perspective and how it also could affect his attitude towards overweight women. I don't believe that it should be blame upon men for treatin' overweight women like a low - class person... but, it also encourages them to TRY to lose their weight as they can. I don't mean that I think it is the overweight women's fault, but it is also their responsibility to TAKE CARE OF THEIR BODY. They live in their own body and what would men do about it ? ;)

^Angel^ said:
Can anyone in here care to explain to me why some men seem to have a problem with dating a woman who may be a little overweight, why is the outside so important to some men?....
Maybe the answer is that woman who are overweight may not be caring about their body if men are health conscious

I can't seem to understand it myself, I mean if I was dating someone who was a bit overweight, I wouldn't even look at it from the outside, the only thing is important is the person's personality....
If you are saying that as you being a woman dating someone who is a man. that won't be a issue. because it is sometime known that men will get help from the woman who ended up to stay attached to longer to shed overweight issue. And ladies are good at finding someone with good personality than looks. that's how it works.

There are many women out there who is stuggle on their weight, and they are trying their hardest to lose the weight but it seem its not enough to some men, cause they can be quite picky....

Let's discuss this issue here......
Men are interested in finding a lady who are willing to take care of her bodies than let it go overweight with carelessness. My sister is overweight and careless and still is single. I often tells her to lay off on junk foods and take care of your body or never get married. My family tries to help her. It is somewhat tiring for us to help her out. Oh well.

Men will go for any woman who go out to do workout regularly than those who are trying their hardest to lose weight all of sudden.

those who are overweight because of pregnancy is different issue. in most case they are already married. I do have a thing for pregnant lady ;) I met my ex-girlfriend from Ga. in 80's and she was pregnant that time. (no I was not the father that time).

In my case,
I am not crazy about those skinny or bony ladies like for example Kate Moss or those ladies like Pam Anderson, they are like what AJ said skinny with lame personality but still I am not going for that type. I have dated all kinds and none of them are like Playboy models (thank goodness)

and no I don't go for overweight ladies either so...

that leave me the in between.. so called ladies with meats or average weight that they look healthy than grossly thin or overweight

I have picture of us(another ex-gf from Fla) that I can put up to show example. This pixs was taken in 84 and before we became a item few yrs later. LB3.png LB4.png (warning big pixs )
not even looks like a model right?

anyway, I came across a site while googling for words to use in this post:
http://www.loveshack.org/forums/t79830/ asking meat or bone your preference? interesting..

Yiffer and Boult, thank you for share your view as men with us here but I wish you create a thread about WOMEN... then women will try to understand how men feel.

Yes, I can understand where the men come from. All what you see from your posts is you didn't mock and make fun of overweight women but tried to help them with health foods.

I see nothing wrong when you want to help your partner with health issues because it belongs to supportive.

CyberRed said:
Speakin' of HEALTH... bingo ! That's what I've been tryin' to explain in my previous posts. It is what it could affect a man's perspective and how it also could affect his attitude towards overweight women. I don't believe that it should be blame upon men for treatin' overweight women like a low - class person... but, it also encourages them to TRY to lose their weight as they can. I don't mean that I think it is the overweight women's fault, but it is also their responsibility to TAKE CARE OF THEIR BODY. They live in their own body and what would men do about it ? ;)

Yes, I know what you mean. I has to agree with you because its about help and support, also respect... not belittle but I can't make off topic post here accord ^Angel^'s wish. I wish one of people create a thread about WOMEN then....

I just create a thread. "What do you think of WOMEN".
http://www.alldeaf.com/showthread.php?t=24367

Last edited:
Liebling:-))) said:
Yes, I know what you mean. I has to agree with you because its about help and support, also respect... not belittle but I can't make off topic post here accord ^Angel^'s wish. I wish one of people create a thread about WOMEN then....

I just create a thread. "What do you think of WOMEN".
http://www.alldeaf.com/showthread.php?t=24367

Ahh thanks ! :hug:

eternity said:
uh, what? Don't assure me that I do not know what does it mean. You assume that I am coming in here to push everyone's button. You are mistake by say this.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

He's not mistaken, he's tell the truth, beside you have nothing positive to say....

Boult said:
I have picture of us(another ex-gf from Fla) that I can put up to show example. This pixs was taken in 84 and before we became a item few yrs later. LB3.png LB4.png (warning big pixs )
not even looks like a model right?

I see nothing wrong with her and I don't see why she can't become a model....She looks beautiful to me....:dunno:

off the topic -- maybe u know big-boned can be lost weight BUT they would look like body builder! Lot of muscles less fat in there. :D

back to topic -- not forget that crubby men like skinny women, too. wonder how women would say to overweight men ? Guess i will go next thread to find about 'What's with WOMEN' :D

^Angel^ said:
He's not mistaken, he's tell the truth, beside you have nothing positive to say....

Well, this topic is not about me. I didn't start anything in here. I would like to discuss abou tthis topic about why men have a problem to date with overweight women or their appearance?

wow!

This must truly be a HOT topic between you guys!

Being overweight and being healthy are two different things as some of you have pointed out. There are many THIN women who are NOT healthy! These women may be extremely underweight and malnourished and there are those who are extremely overweight with the same issues.

I am a curvacious woman and by soceity's standards I would be considered overweight... HOWEVER I am perfectly HEALTHY in all aspects! Walking down the street, many would not consider me overweight but once I step on that doctor's scale and he compares me to what the average weight in America "SHOULD" be, I would then be classified as overweight.

I am PROUD of the way I look and I take time to groom myself so that way I feel GOOD about me!

Weight and men do not have anything to do with the other... it is a matter of PREFERENCE! Some men prefer thin petite women while others like big women and then there are those who like women like myself, CURVY! :)

Women let us be truthful as well, not all of us like BIG men! I will be the first to admit that my preference is TALL, lean MUSCULAR MEN..... Does that make me a bad person with an issue? No it just merely states that I have a preference that I like..... and that is ok!

I think we just need to seperate that and not let others personal desires get in the way with our appearances.... we just have to be realistic with ourselves in terms of our likes and dislikes and weight should not be the main issue.....

FYI not trying to argue with anyone or insult anyone, just merely stating my opinion! Toodles!

*sigh* After reading the posts made after I left work, I saw it went off track again...

Let me say something here.

I am OVERWEIGHT, yet I dont have any health problems, other than arthritis in my knee. And when I say OVERWEIGHT, I'm saying, WHOA!!!

However - I do not have diabetes, heart problems, high blood pressure, and other aliments that often hits overweight PEOPLE (not just women, but MEN, too.) and my doctor is often constantly amazed that the only serious problem I have is the arthritis in my knee.

Many of the men who've insulted me over the years, have had problems - you name it. Makes you wonder, huh? I will probably outlive many of them, too, and worse yet, many of them are younger than I!!

I have been working on losing weight so I can continue to KEEP my good health, lessen pressure on my knee, and to feel better about myself. I do not care what others think of me anymore, because they have gone too far in abusing my self-esteem over the years. The only people that I do care about this situation are myself, MizzDeaf, my family and my close friends (including those on AD, you know who you are).

It's sad though, that I've become so selective over the years about who I choose for my friends, because I've been told I'm very open, very friendly, warm and welcoming to people, both friends, acquantiances and strangers.

I've also culivated an attitude to those people who would be "potty-mouthed" towards me - and I have never liked this side of myself at all.

If it were not for people that make snap judgements about a person's appearance, I'm sure the world would have been a better place to live in.

Reiko said:
I don't understand men. My mom is always playing the match maker. She arranges dates for me but she never tell the guys I'm deaf. When they meet me and find out they never want a second date. :(
then these guys are losers.

hearing guys= :fu: go fu** urselves.

(no offense, AJ...)

thats craziness !!!!!!!!!
being turned off by a woman being deaf that is, btw im hearing, i would say that surprise can upset some men, but if they are so easily turned off, you deserve better anyway. too many people just cut and run in todays world, somehow they forget that our vows are for better AND for worse. keep trying, and remember you cant win if you dont play.
:dance2:

After reading 10 pages worth of different posts in this thread, It certainly has it's pros and cons to this. I'm glad this was brought up to all of our attention to as why men are thought to be into the skinny women and many more.

Now, I've always been overweight (not morbidly obese but somewhat obese, yes) all my life because I'm a big boned person and it runs in my family. That is something I couldn't help. Usually I'd get to the point where I'd have a very low self esteem due to the weight issue that I have been struggling with for years and years. There's been alot of diet fads that I had tried and not much was a help to me. Mainly it's because I feel like I'm not to be loved or to begin with just because I am chubby. I know the personalities does count and it's a huge thing to have in a relationship but as a society, there's been alot of influences coming from the media, movies, magazines (you name it) that has been aimed on to project towards the beautiful skinny women. There are plenty of voluptous, curvaceous women out there that are just as beautiful as those skinny ones are.

Sure, from time to time I'd get some men's attention and they'd be like "Oh Baby, You're so beautiful from the face but you ain't all that from the neck and down" I'm like, Uh... Losers. It does hurt and hit home when you get those kind of comments. There's very few that would see me for who I am and I always have appreciated that. Now while at that, I'd be bluntly enough to say - If you're into me, look inside me and don't judge me like I'm a cover on a book. After all you got to see what is inside the book when you read it, right?

The weight is one thing I am having a damn hard time to talk about because it is something that I tend to avoid talking about. It's like biting your own tongue when you hate to talk about a issue that you don't want to but yet you're wanting to talk about it at the same time.

yep happens to me all the time too...

has dated just one hearing person (about 4 or 5 times) and that happened to be my ex but has dated about 2 other girls that are deaf or hard of hearing indeed, (one girl one time and the other 3 times) so it was okay but still not at all what I would look for into a girl just yet lol so just still single and looking but yeah alot of hearing people can be so igorant and self centered of themselves thinking that they rather be with other hearies just so to make their lives easier and take advantage of their girl than a deaf girl just cause she can't hear and cant understand everything isnt totally her fault so cut her some slack and keep dating her 'til you decided what you think of her and all, geez but then again, some guys and girls can be so igorant and close minded its actually their own problem, not ours so forget them and keep looking for other ppl, is all.

please dont dog all hearing men :bowdown:
there are as many bad hearing men as there are deaf, black, white, etc.
there are also good ones, too many people are quick to judge. i have seen alot on this thread about weight, stereotypes are all bad. weight is not my demon, i struggle with height, i am a man and only 5'4" tall. i was once told id be gorgeous if i was only taller! thanks, cant really do much about that.
in the end, i think humor and kindness can be some of the "sexiest" traits of all.

True, not all men are like that....

Jolie_77 said:
Now while at that, I'd be bluntly enough to say - If you're into me, look inside me and don't judge me like I'm a cover on a book. After all you got to see what is inside the book when you read it, right?

Right on girl *5*...

Back