What's with MEN??

I'm glad you see our point, DHB65 - you did state that one of the men's wives found out what they were talking about, and there was quite a bit of a ruckus over that...

It's pretty hard for us - we already know what we look like, it already hurts knowing how we look to other people. It hurts EVEN WORSE when other people point it out to us ... even say "Hey, let's be friends" AFTER meeting you. We've been honest with you, even brutally honest, and yet, we've heard this over and over...that we shouldn't worry about it, they will love us no matter what, no matter how we look...and yet...it is just so crushing to our self-esteem and ego when they finally meet with you...and you can see the expression on their faces and then the declaration, "let's be friends."

That is one of the most mind-blowing experiences we have, where our emotions and feelings goes to the extreme in our anger, our hurt feelings, our lowered expectations of ourselves, our own esteem in ourselves, in other words...we feel much less of a person than we did before.

Those three words are among our most hated, period.

I understand your point. Problem is that sometimes they aren't really friends. Like Co-workers, how can you handle them?

ButterflyGirl said:
These people who make fun or say negative things about other people are not considered as true friends at all!! True friends are the ones who can accept people for who they are, not for what is outside on them.

DreamDeaf said:
Yes, Endy - I know what you mean. In Renaissance times, you will see a lot of portraits of women that would be considered fat today, but were labled as voluptuous, curvaceous and even beautiful then...

I had quite a bit of searching, because so many depicted naked (horrors!) women...but these still showed what I wanted to show... look at the hips, the calves, the bosom...they all had...what?...CURVES!!!

I love Lord Leighton's Flaming June:

FlamingJune.jpg

It is clear that this pre-Raphaelite-influenced painting (Lord Leighton is more properly considered a neo-classicist, though) exemplifies the curves that people found beautiful in his time.

I have to say, I think the woman looks gorgeous too.

diehardbiker65 said:
I understand your point. Problem is that sometimes they aren't really friends. Like Co-workers, how can you handle them?

It's better off to ignore them and don't participate in those kind of discussions.

Honestly, I used to be hate myself cuz, every men only go after my looks and my "hard to get" They don't see who deeply am I! Mostly time i always want to be ugly and wouldn't have that plm with every men! Glad I got a good guy who can see who am I.

ButterflyGirl said:
These people who make fun or say negative things about other people are not considered as true friends at all!! True friends are the ones who can accept people for who they are, not for what is outside on them.

:werd: Well said Butterfly girl :hug:

Back in the old days, my friends used to tease girls who were overweight, I remember one gal said that when she got on the bus, and then a few streets down the road, the bus stopped to pick up more people, once this lady got on the bus, she sat next to this gal, she had explain to us how horrible she felt when this lady's hips were way over the seat and she could feel all the fats laying on her skinning legs, etc....At first I couldn't believe I was actually hearing this, I mean this gal never been overweight in her entire life yet its easy for her to say all those mean things about this lady, when she has no clue what its like to be in that lady's position.....That's not the kind of friends I would rather to hang out with, no one should judge others for their looks or for being overweight, its just a big turn off for me....

I rather to stick with friends who accept all sizes, colors, race etc.....That's a true friend you can count on for a lifetime because when it happen to you, then you know that you have nothing to worry about because a true friend like that will stay with you for a lifetime, no matter what happens....

diehardbiker65 said:

I would walk away from those type of people, cause they're not worth listening to....

Endymion said:
I love Lord Leighton's Flaming JuneIt is clear that this pre-Raphaelite-influenced painting (Lord Leighton is more properly considered a neo-classicist, though) exemplifies the curves that people found beautiful in his time.

I have to say, I think the woman looks gorgeous too.
Wow that painting is so beautiful!!! I wanna one to hang up on my wall :)
Endymion you certainly have good eyes :thumb:

Wow :eek2: ... I agree the painting is soo beautiful....U wanna to make a bid with me Butterflygirl?... :giggle:

^Angel^ said:
I rather to stick with friends who accept all sizes, colors, race etc.....That's a true friend you can count on for a lifetime because when it happen to you, then you know that you have nothing to worry about because a true friend like that will stay with you for a lifetime, no matter what happens....
AMEN!!
I also rather be friends with true friends. They are the ones who can be there for us if we are feeling down and need someone to talk to.

i could care less about a womans weight. my gf is over weight. i mean not terribly over weight, it doesn't bother me. id rather have a 800 pound woman with a good personality than a 100 pound woman who is lame and has no sense of humor.

AJ said:
id rather have a 800 pound woman with a good personality than a 100 pound woman who is lame and has no sense of humor.

Wow, you're a good person AJ...

Hey girls, let's give this dude a big hug here :grouphug:

^Angel^ said:
Oh God sis you're making me cry here.... :hug:....I know you do hon, I'm not saying this because I'm your sister, I'm saying this because I'm being honest you are BEAUTIFUL in and out, no matter what others say, because YOU ARE!!!

Sorry sis, We can cry together. :hug: It makes me upset that guys can be so jerks about the true meaning of love, the outside should not count at all, the inside should count the most. Why can't they see that? I have no problem going on a diet and I am working on it, but still I want a guy that wants the whole of me not part of me. Is that too much to ask for? :(

^Angel^ said:
Wow, you're a good person AJ...

Hey girls, let's give this dude a big hug here :grouphug:
Let's not forget also to give the dude a peck on his cheek :kiss: :giggle:

Cheri said:
Sorry sis, We can cry together. :hug: It makes me upset that guys can be so jerks about the true meaning of love, the outside should not count at all, the inside should count the most. Why can't they see that? I have no problem going on a diet and I am working on it, but still I want a guy that wants the whole of me not part of me. Is that too much to ask for? :(

Oh no not at all hon, it not too much to ask.... :hug: :ily:

ButterflyGirl said:
Let's not forget also to give the dude a peck on his cheek :kiss: :giggle:

You can go right ahead girl....You're doing great on your own! :giggle:

Wow, Impressive everyone who supportive as well they are true colors shown fully blown..

Indeed I like that... Yes..
What agree more?
Let's together group hug :grouphug:

I want to say something else besides the overweight.
I remember a good friend of mine whose boyfriend didn't like to see her wearing glasses and he never wanted her to be seen with glasses on so she had to put on contact lenses for his sake. He even wanted her to get the laser surgery to correct her eyes. He even buys her sexy and skimpy clothes for her to wear which she didn't feel comfortable with. I told her if he really loved her from his heart then he wouldn't have said or do these kind of things to her. That is not a true love at all.

Back