What's the best Phone for Deaf people?

that's for the older sidekicks. All Sidekicks from LX2009 and older will no longer be fully useable by May 31 due to Danger Inc. going out of business/closing. T-Mobile has a new Android-based Sidekick coming out this spring that will work on the T-mobile server (old Sidekicks used Danger's server). I have the LX2009 and will have to get a new phone.. still a bit annoyed about it but whatever.

I thought T-mobile was being bought by AT&T. If that is true you're likely better off to get an AT&T phone so you won't have nice surprises when AT&T assumes the contract. We had several little surprises when Verizon assumed our Alltel contract two years ago. :shock:

I think I've decided to just go with Verizon. All of my family use Verizon so, why not! Will just get a basic phone with QWERTY and use the $34.99 Unlimited Messaging plan. Don't really have the money to get a smart phone and pay even more for data. :)

And as for T-mobile being bought out, it could take up to 12-18 months for that to happen actually, from what I've read. New sidekick seems interesting, but eh.

I think I've decided to just go with Verizon. All of my family use Verizon so, why not! Will just get a basic phone with QWERTY and use the $34.99 Unlimited Messaging plan. Don't really have the money to get a smart phone and pay even more for data. :)

And as for T-mobile being bought out, it could take up to 12-18 months for that to happen actually, from what I've read.
New sidekick seems interesting, but eh.

Yes it took about that long before Verizon officially assumed our Alltel contracts when Verizon bought Alltel.

video phone

for wireless I'd say pretty much any smartphone with front facing camera. I personally like my iPhone and facetime. I also recently signed up for digital video phone service to talk with friends worldwide..really good deal for unlimited calling internationally for 30 bucks a month with video capability

I've heard good things about iPhone from deaf users such as JClarke.

Back