What's that Deaf Guy doing on the radio?

BradB08

Reaction score
That's right. I busted my ass off enough to get a regular radio slot, starting May 30th. Saturday nights from 8pm-11pm at wruv 90.1fm.

No, I won't be talking on the radio. I mainly just play music that I'm in the mood for but I stick to the punk, ska and metal genres.

For me, it's just another thing to tick off on my list of things to do before it's too late.

It was only natural that I'd get to this point because I've always enjoyed music and though I'm more Deaf than HoH now (back then, I could still hear some lyrics), I still want to do stuff like this.

So, just a heads up.

If anyone has a similar goal, GO FOR IT. Deaf can do anything, right? If a Deaf man can get on the radio, then YOU can get on the radio too. This applies to just about anything you're interested in.

If you're interested, look up a movie called "See What I'm Saying?" that has Robert DeMayo and several other Deaf entertainers in it. I've never seen it but I saw one of Robert's performances and it only gave me MORE inspiration to continue along this path.

Brad,

This is awesome! :D Thanks for letting us know about this. All the best to you. I'm definitely going to check out the link you posted. :)

Congratulations Brad! I DJ'ed for ATU's radio station back in 2002-2003. It was a blast.

Yeah it doesn't start until next Sat though.

I may be also getting an interview with a local paper after I do a few shows. Not sure but might as well get a little publicity for my efforts.

:cool:

That is great! Will have to listen to the station, when you are on and check it out. :)

cool... :D my husband, who has a severe hearing loss but did not wear aids in college, was a DJ for a time in college, with college radio station. Good Luck Brad! He really enjoyed it- have fun:D

Thanks.

I know it's not conventional but I'm not a conventional person.

Back