What's great about being single?

Now I'll admit I never particularly yearned to have a child. If I had felt that, I might have wanted to marry earlier.

You still can have a child at your age....ever heard of adoption? IVF? :cool:

you can pick your own battery operated toys (the kind you hide under the bed)
with out consulting with your hypothetical partner lol

Uhh, there is NOTHING wrong with being single even for life. Jesus was single until death. Bible doesn't say you must have a relationship and marry someone else. Didn't you know that singleness is a gift from the Almighty?? So what's your point? Otherwise, any man who says he's desperate, lonely, and says that he must have to have a woman to fulfill in his life...does definitely scare me away.:aw:
It's just a choice of free will for each one wants to have a relationship or not, for that in their happiness being single, so be it.

You are pretty defensive, I have to say.

Living alone in a bubble...

I have been married for 31 years but have not lived with my wife for the last 10 years, and not by choice. We have 8 grown children so I'm used to having a lot of people around. I only see a family member every once in a while during the week.

I have always been fearful of being/living alone since being partially deaf I feel like I am in a perpetual bubble. When I am alone, I feel like I am totally deaf and shut off from the world. (ps. I don't know signing.)

All my friends a hearing people and don't seem to understand my needs when it comes to communicating. I keep telling them I need to see their face to understand them but obviously they forget and when in a group well...

I have been married for 31 years but have not lived with my wife for the last 10 years, and not by choice. We have 8 grown children so I'm used to having a lot of people around. I only see a family member every once in a while during the week.

I have always been fearful of being/living alone since being partially deaf I feel like I am in a perpetual bubble. When I am alone, I feel like I am totally deaf and shut off from the world. (ps. I don't know signing.)

All my friends a hearing people and don't seem to understand my needs when it comes to communicating. I keep telling them I need to see their face to understand them but obviously they forget and when in a group well...

I can completely sympathize with you on that. I want to find local deaf/HOH people in my area (and its frustrating when I have a job that's so demanding that it comes first and my life second lol.) I know some signing but not really enough to get around other than a basic greeting.

Although I share that same fear of being alone, at the same time its a bliss since you don't have to listen to someone yelling at you about how you don't listen :giggle:

i would agreed with posts

i can makes my own rules when i get out my mom's home

1.greet family
2.family dinner and no tv till done eat
3.playing golf because my family play golf also,txgolfers
4.cook
5.sleep together as spouse
6.shopping
7.care sick till died
8.raise children is no fun
9.divorces plus custody children till 18 years old
10.remarried (no fued) my dad and my step-dad argue years ago and my mom cool off i would remind that!!

The only laundry I have to do is my own....

If I want a pink bedroom, or a lavender bedroom, I can.

No one expects me to ask "permission" to do anything.

My bedroom will be lavender when I start painting the walls. :)

I just thought of a couple more.... I get to sleep in peace since there won't be someone who tossed and turned which kept me awake.. No blanket stealing, either!!!

A bit of a response to the 'What's great about being married?' thread.

1. You can come and go as you please and don't have to answer to anyone.
2. You make your own rules.
3. You have freedom to talk to who you want and do what you want.
4. You only have to worry about doing for yourself instead of having to do for everyone else.

:wave:

Well, technically feel free to do what you want and not worry about anything. Live your life and take a risk :wave:

Having the freedom to see whoever you want without having any kind of commitment.

Being able to be an animal hoarder?

Well, I'm just saying. I only have two pets. One cat named jinx the spaz and my four legged brat named Aelanie. She's not really a brat but, incredibly picky.

I can go to strip clubs and enjoy my time with the strippers without guilt. I'd tell them I read lips ( I wear hearing aid in my left ear) and have a blast. Lap dances are fun. :) ( sometimes, I'll get their butts sticky ) :lol:

I can do whatever I wants to do in my whole life of being single :D and willing do the risk-taker lol

1. I can do whatever I want, without getting bitched at.
2. Don't have to deal with jealousy. I can hang out with guys and talk to them. They make cool friends.
3. Being single gives me more time to focus on myself and *do* me.
4. Can eat whatever I want, without being called a 'gluttony bitch'.

Sometimes I will feel lonely but I love being single at this point of my life. I'm a young woman and I have no time for a serious relationship. I have a lot on my plate right now and some goals that I want to reach. Dating is the last thing on my list.

Their is nothing wrong in being single, i too agree that we can do the things as the way we want but people say at one point at one stage we need somebody to have with us.

I can go to strip clubs and enjoy my time with the strippers without guilt. I'd tell them I read lips ( I wear hearing aid in my left ear) and have a blast. Lap dances are fun. :) ( sometimes, I'll get their butts sticky ) :lol:

Better words, tell them that you read lips and have her take off her undies so you can read it better.

Back