what you like to travel. plane, bus or train?

ILoveTarget

Reaction score
when i move to indiana from california i take greyhound bus. it very nice but it take 3 days. i didnt have any problem. what you like to travel? plane, bus or train? i try to go visit california in the summer to visit my friend from deaf school and i look at price of bus ticket. it very expensive now almost 300! i can get plane ticket for same price. so i want to know what you like to travel! you have any problem with plane travel? i nervous to travel on plane because i never done it before. thank you for response!! :ty::ty::ty:

excellent question! I like all but here's my preference -

Train
Plane
Bus

flying in plane is not a big deal but it is quite hectic at airport because of verbal announcements and bunch of unpredictable things. that's why I come about 1 hr early and get to flight agent to get to right gate. sometimes the gate changes so i have to go ANOTHER side of terminal. I prefer train the most... it's more fun and you get to walk around, stretch your legs. Plane is kind of crampy but fun to be in. Bus is the least of my favorite.

How much is the train ticket?

I think it would be fun to go across country on the train.

I don't like flying because of turbulence. It bounces and feels like the plane might fall apart. I still like planes more than buses though.

I don't like flying because of turbulence. It bounces and feels like the plane might fall apart. I still like planes more than buses though.

that's why the plane bounces a lot! if it's so rigid... it'd fall apart in just a second! :cool2:

excellent question! I like all but here's my preference -

Train
Plane
Bus

flying in plane is not a big deal but it is quite hectic at airport because of verbal announcements and bunch of unpredictable things. that's why I come about 1 hr early and get to flight agent to get to right gate. sometimes the gate changes so i have to go ANOTHER side of terminal. I prefer train the most... it's more fun and you get to walk around, stretch your legs. Plane is kind of crampy but fun to be in. Bus is the least of my favorite.

thank you jiro!!! i always thank you for respond to my question. is flying on plane hard? do airlines have people who know asl? how do you deal with verbal announcements or know when change gate? :ty:

thank you bottesini! maybe i take train in summer. i sleep on bus and i like bus because you see lots of states!

thank you jiro!!! i always thank you for respond to my question. is flying on plane hard? do airlines have people who know asl? how do you deal with verbal announcements or know when change gate? :ty:

flying on plane is same as you ride in train/bus/anywhere. the hard part is which gate to go. For verbal announcement - simply go to screens and look for your flight to find your gate #. If you are not sure, go to flight agent and ask. When you arrive to right gate, go to flight agent and ask again to confirm. If you are in the right place, tell her/him that you are deaf and you ask her to make sure she notifies you if it's time to get on the flight.

You usually get in front of the line (well behind handicapped people on wheelchairs) :cool2:

then enjoy the flight! I have about 20,000 miles in my belt :cool2:

I have about 50,000 miles in my belt, I have travelled a lot since my first overseas trip in 1999. Plane tends to get you to the desination faster, but more enjoyable is the train than the bus --> even though if it breaks down :roll:

botts, turbluence, I got used to them

I thought about taking a trip on train for a vacation. The cost depends on what you buy. If you get a sleeper, it could cost alot of money but food is included and you get your own room to sleep and hang out in. If want cheaper one, you can get a seat. You would have to bring your own food or you can buy food in the dining car. It's a neat experience. I took a train from Seattle to Portland. I've never done the sleeper but I want to one day tho.

For most trips, I would perfer to fly in plane since it's fast and easy. Bus is not a bad way to go for short trips and low cost compared to other ways but wouldn't want to take a long trip on one of those.

Last edited:
For go on the plane isn't that hard...all you can do is just take suitcase to check in then she/he gives you boarding pass and gate number where you should go on. And make sure when you arrive at the gate, let other person where she/he work at small desk by the door, that you cannot hear etc... she/he will let you know it's time to board the plane. it is not that hard. :)

Anyway I love to travel by car, train or plane. Bus, no thank you! Not comfortable period!

We always compare the prices before decide to buy. :) We got a great deal on Amtrak tickets when I was 6 months pregnant to CA from Rochester. :) Now I wanted go back to CA again...gotta bug my hubby! :giggle:

I prefer train first, then plane then lastly the bus. :) I'd take the plane if it's too far away. :)

Plane is always preferred, although I used Greyhound once for a lack of available flights that night.

I took plane most of the time, sometimes I use Amtrak train, the train is fun to ride on for scenery view :)

I have not rode in a bus since mid 90's, that was actually a charter coach bus but that was boring and too small. I'd prefer a train over a bus.

I like to travel all...

Weekends/Week(s) trip then use car to travel Europe. It's interesting view during driving.... can stop for break if we like to...

Travel oversea then take a plane.

Big Shopping Spree to big city then take a train to save car park expense.

I prefer fly or train for travel, fly is most preferred and for price is varies on fly and train, it could costly to ride on train than fly, depends on routes, for travel by car is ok for me, usually to TX and FL.

If I were to take my sweet time traveling cross country - I'd drive and take a road trip. There's nothing better than taking the backroads to soar out and to see more of what is on the land.

Obviously, If I wanted to get there quicker - Plane is my next preferred choice. Flying on the plane is not as bad as it is. The nice thing about riding on the plane is when you get to see the amazing view of the sky and also, the best part of it is when the plane approaches down to land at night time, you can see the lights on the ground which is a breathtaking sight.

Thirdly, The train is the next thing to go. I've rode on the train few times. Although, It's been a while I've rode on a train.

I try to avoid riding the bus at all costs because the bus is just not comfortable to ride in. And another reason is, If I were to sit way back in the end of the bus -- Ugggh, You can smell the horrible stench coming from the restroom. :lol:

:wave: Depends, if the trip is less than 5 hours travel time, I prefer the train. If more than 5 hours, I enjoy the plane. Bus is ok for short trips when there is no train available. Although, I drive most trips nowadays or take my boat (weather, wind and seas willing).

I've never taken the train or the bus for travel... just the plane.

I've thought about trying the train sometimes in the future just to see what it was like. :dunno:

Back