what you do before bedtime to ur kids?

DeafSCUBA98

Reaction score
I'm curious what do you do for your kids before bedtime?

are you allowed to have them drink liquids before bedtime?

do you read them story?

do you sing a song?

do you let your kids watch movie before bedtime?

DeafSCUBA98 said:

do you read them story?

do you sing a song?

yeah, also leave bottle of water in bedroom so at middle of night either girl may wake up for drinking knows where to find by nightstand

read them a story sometimes

I believe my girls love me sing but mostly in the morning instead, at night I read them a story so

to watch the movie depend on what time is if after 10 pm or late I would turn off TV but before as they already laying on bed let watch Disney or Nick movies/cartoons

I tell them to finish their homework FIRST!!

Yes

do you read them story?
Never

do you sing a song?
Never

Yes

DeafSCUBA98 said:

Only my 10 1/2 years old can, but my 6 years old cannot because, He won't get up and go to the bathroom don't want him to wet the bed. So far he is doing good, I wake him up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom just in case and he does. ;)

do you read them story?

No, They fell alsleep on their own. ;)

do you sing a song?

No, for the same reason above.

They can watch TV such as cartoons network between the hours of 6 pm to 9 pm and then 9 pm are their bed time that's during school nights, On weekends they can go to bed anytime they want up to midnight. ;)

DeafSCUBA98 said:

are you allowed to have them drink liquids before bedtime? Yea, of course

do you read them story? Not all the times

do you sing a song? No

do you let your kids watch movie before bedtime? Yes of course he sometimes watches movie before fell asleep

As my son is only 3 yr old..

Yea i will let my son drink liquids but only water as long not too much, just only a bit.

Story? no hes too young.

Sing? no...

I do let my son watch movies but must be off about 30 mins before bedtime. Not want him to have that habit everynite with movie while fell asleep.

Additional... Must pick up the toys/mess around one hr before bed time everyday!

what deafscuba98 meant is when is the good latest time to drink liquid before bedtime when a kid is potty training?

Depends on the correlation between the size of the bladder and when the child wakes up! :thumb:

OldNavyGirl said:
what deafscuba98 meant is when is the good latest time to drink liquid before bedtime when a kid is potty training?

My 6 years old is not on potty trainning now, He is done, But sometimes he wet the bed if he drinks before bedtime, Two hours before his bedtime he is not allow to have anything to drink, to avoid wetting the bed. ;)

better off drink 2 hours before bed but, if sitll thirsty, give limitation, as 1/4 of a cup of water/juices.

i dont have kids, but i cant wait until i do

when i have kids, at night ill read them the history of Surfing. so they know where they come from, and how much surfing has evolved.

DeafSCUBA98 said:

do you read them story?

do you sing a song?

I have 3 years old son, he will be 4 on June 1..

No drinks after 7pm. That way he can get up and go potty if he have to.. If you give him drink after 7pm, he will wet the bed.

Yes, I read him story, he likes any story from Mother Goose books..

Song - No I don't sing a song for him.

Yes, I let him watch cartoon for 30 minutes, and at 9pm, he MUST be in bed. He got go school at 7:30am. Don't want him to be tired and cranky every morning.

SherryCherish said:
better off drink 2 hours before bed but, if sitll thirsty, give limitation, as 1/4 of a cup of water/juices.

juices at night, I think dont give my girls, juice's sugar they will thirsty more only in the morning and afternoon :dunno:

FreeWoman77 said:
juices at night, I think dont give my girls, juice's sugar they will thirsty more only in the morning and afternoon :dunno:

some juices can make kids hyper too.

I don't have kids yet, but I remember what my parents did for me, for the most part:

On most nights, we would read three books together. I started learning at 2 1/2...which is also where my memories started. Reading was about the only thing that could make this wild ADHD kid calm down for bed! ;) I'd quit taking naps very young, so bedtime was earlier for me than most kids.

Then my parents would turn out the lights, we'd say a prayer together, and then they'd sing me lullabies.

Like I said, I was a hyper little kid, so for a little while with the lights out, I'd play with my stuffed animals and act out little stories. My parents knew I just needed to burn off the energy before I could sleep, so they didn't say anything unless I got loud or turned the light back on.

On some nights, as a special treat, I did get to watch certain kinds of movies before bed--I had two Disney lullaby tapes that I still remember very well. In the house we had when I was very little, we had this furry rug my dad brought back from a trip, and there was actually a fireplace up in the master bedroom, and this rug sat in front of it. I have great memories of winter nights when my parents would light the fireplace up there and I'd lie down on the rug and watch one of those videos before going to bed.

They never played stuff that was going to get me hyper again, though! ;)

Good memories. :)

are you allowed to have them drink liquids before bedtime? my god daughter spend with me on weekends.. she can drink before go bedtime.. cuz of she dont have plms, she get up for bathroom.. she is 7 yrs old..

do you read them story?no

do you sing a song?no

do you let your kids watch movie before bedtime? yea she watch movie til she fall sleep...

Rose Immortal said:
I don't have kids yet, but I remember what my parents did for me, for the most part:

On most nights, we would read three books together. I started learning at 2 1/2...which is also where my memories started. Reading was about the only thing that could make this wild ADHD kid calm down for bed! ;) I'd quit taking naps very young, so bedtime was earlier for me than most kids.

Then my parents would turn out the lights, we'd say a prayer together, and then they'd sing me lullabies.

Like I said, I was a hyper little kid, so for a little while with the lights out, I'd play with my stuffed animals and act out little stories. My parents knew I just needed to burn off the energy before I could sleep, so they didn't say anything unless I got loud or turned the light back on.

On some nights, as a special treat, I did get to watch certain kinds of movies before bed--I had two Disney lullaby tapes that I still remember very well. In the house we had when I was very little, we had this furry rug my dad brought back from a trip, and there was actually a fireplace up in the master bedroom, and this rug sat in front of it. I have great memories of winter nights when my parents would light the fireplace up there and I'd lie down on the rug and watch one of those videos before going to bed.

They never played stuff that was going to get me hyper again, though! ;)

Good memories. :)

:lol: my younger daughter even light off she would still up plays around in bedroom its dark curtains closed I hardly see where she's, her eyes better mine, TV on let her laying on bed and watch Blue Clue much better she's quiet and got aslept :)

well my son can't have juices either.. it make him dirrehea. so it depends what kind of juices, some don't have sugar in it. He moslty drink waters.

OldNavyGirl said:

2 hours before bedtime.

FreeWoman77 said:

Check juice labels to make sure there're no sugar in juices... I only buy 100% pure juices with no sugar including.

Don't give the kids the sweets or soft drink where is the sugar add after 3.00 pm. Sweets make children wild and can't sleep well.

Back