What would you do if you were good friends with your best friend's boyfriend and....?

Mintee

Reaction score
caught him cheating on her? would you tell her or keep it to yourself?

Best answer is one you would answer to your own question..

What would you want your friend to do if it was reversed?

Depends if you like your friend. It's kind of a simple social rule. If you tell her she won't be your friend anymore.

The Greeks killed the bearer of bad tidings. And it is a metaphor on life today.

obviously- tell me. imho, that's what a true friend should do

and.. i already told her :/ i feel bad because she's all broken up inside but she had to know the truth. and to be honest i lost respect for her boyfriend after i saw what he did..so i don't care.

One of my friends had a 4 year affair with one of my best friend's hubby and it was all found out last year by my best friend. Thank god, I didnt know about the affair because I wouldnt have to be put in this situation of debating on whether to tell her or not. I probably would have told her if I had known because that was her husband and she has two kids with him. Now, that "friend" is pregnant with her hubby's child. I am no longer friends with the cheating friend and the hubby. Turned me off.

It's obvious you care for her since you knew the truth will hurt.. but It'll be better for her in the long run.

One of my friends had a 4 year affair with one of my best friend's hubby and it was all found out last year by my best friend. Thank god, I didnt know about the affair because I wouldnt have to be put in this situation of debating on whether to tell her or not. I probably would have told her if I had known because that was her husband and she has two kids with him. Now, that "friend" is pregnant with her hubby's child. I am no longer friends with the cheating friend and the hubby. Turned me off.

i can't believe how sick some people are. it would have put me in an awkward position, but i would definitely tell my friend

It's obvious you care for her since you knew the truth will hurt.. but It'll be better for her in the long run.

i knew it would crush her.. but i did what i thought was right. better to have her find out now than later. sometimes it's better to not let people people live in ignorant bliss

I would tell my friend of the situation. I am the type to have close good friends, and my friends and I have had this convo and we agreed that we would want to know. I only notice that people that aren't that close OR people in denial don't take it well. Personally I can't live my life pretending not to see it, and smiling in my friends face, knowing what I know.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a friend that wouldnt believe it when people told him his girlfriend was cheating on him.

Keep it to yourself because usually people get back together after something like this and you will NOT be invited back into their life. Chances are, that boyfriend isn't going to want you around anymore.

I wouldn't worry about it. She is going to catch him eventually without your help, but the real question is whether she will leave him.

I had a friend that wouldnt believe it when people told him his girlfriend was cheating on him.

i have seen that kind of thing happen ALL the time. luckily, my friend has known me since i was a toddler and she knows i would never sink low as to make up stories about her boyfriend

they got back together.. but i'm not going to say anything and stay out of their business. at least she knows i will always be behind her no matter what

What did you really see? Unless you caught him "in the act" you may not know for sure. If you see him out with another woman, what if it's his cousin?

they got back together.. but i'm not going to say anything and stay out of their business. at least she knows i will always be behind her no matter what

You're friend is an idiot for getting back with him, and you should tell her that.

What did you really see? Unless you caught him "in the act" you may not know for sure. If you see him out with another woman, what if it's his cousin?

What if the cousins are lovers? :shock:

That's why when you see something like that you go up to them and say "Hi." Introduce yourself, and he will introduce her, and you will find out from there.

Back