What would you do if you took a time travel back to 1778?

B

Buckdodgers

Remember its 1778. You would have to live in this house
nelson-c1920.jpg

No Electricy,,No Bathrooms or Showers and Your Job is this
WRSatShop_260.jpg

Making and Selling furniture.What would you do?

Start a computer repair business. :P

*sigh* there is no computer exist until 150 year later. You're lost your business in minutes and people think you're witch or something.

I'll teach deaf in advance education than hearing. Maybe Gally gonna be beyond than ever in today. heh heh

*sigh* there is no computer exist until 150 year later. You're lost your business in minutes and people think you're witch or something.

You mean computers existed in 1928? Au contrarie, Bubba. :P

I would be very happy if Im born year of 1778... worth of benefits challenge alike speak it out Deaf CAN DO IT.. prosant!!!! Hail Deaf CAN DO IT..
Deaf can work job as such hand work skills so many different their talent working!

:D

but.... Thanx God, I'm not born extact year 1778 becz horrible heavy war season!

Make money!

Try to make as much money off of the soldiers by selling food in a tavern. The Revolutionary War was in full swing, and making money is a very American past time.:dance2:

I will get EDGE and GalaxyAngel as slaves in southeast USA then they need to harvest the cotton and taking care of my farmland. :D

And If Levonian talks about computer invention to people in 1778 this would be the result
HaHaHa.jpg

A-noosetree.gif

I will get EDGE and GalaxyAngel as slaves in southeast USA then they need to harvest the cotton and taking care of my farmland. :D

HA.. I refused become slave for your azz as everything what r u need for..

Get a job yourself... :giggle: Don't be lazy do work your harvest the cotton of farmland! *sticks my tongue out*

:giggle:

And If Levonian talks about computer invention to people in 1778 this would be the result
HaHaHa.jpg

I read a great science fiction story a long time ago in Omni Magazine. A mad scientist becomes obsessed over why Isaac Newton abandoned science near the end of his life and devoted himself to religion. He decides that if Newton just had better tools at his disposal, he never would have turned his back on science. So he builds a time machine and uses it to bring Newton a pocket calculator. When he demonstrates the calculator to Newton, Newton becomes convinced that the scientist is Satan and falls to his knees, sobbing and praying to the Lord for protection. :lol:

I read a great science fiction story a long time ago in Omni Magazine. A mad scientist becomes obsessed over why Isaac Newton abandoned science near the end of his life and devoted himself to religion. He decides that if Newton just had better tools at his disposal, he never would have turned his back on science. So he builds a time machine and uses it to bring Newton a pocket calculator. When he demonstrates the calculator to Newton, Newton becomes convinced that the scientist is Satan and falls to his knees, sobbing and praying to the Lord for protection. :lol:

Well Ben Franklin was a inventer and a scientist.Even he knew the limits in the 18th century.But if i had a Time machine Id give Ben Franklin a Blue Print how to build Electric Power Plant since he invented Electricity.And Then a Blue Print on how to build electric light bulb then by 1790 We would had the first Electric Lights on Streets and in Homes But theres still no radio or TV or Electric Heat yet.Then Id Travel to Thomas Edison Era in 1869 ill give him a blue print to invent a telephone and a Hearing Aid for HOH People and then in 1874 ill give him a blueprint to invernt a Electric Toaster,, Radio and TV.Then in 1880 Give him a Blueprint to invent an Automobile And Trolley Cars.And Then America would boom and Many People would have Jobs And Who knows what our world would been today.

actually computer exist between 1930-1940. It's very big computer.

Cite, please? My father personally worked on SWAC when he was with the engineering department at UCLA during the 1950’s. It is generally accepted to be the world’s first computer (Rube Goldbergish Babbage designs and ENIAC notwithstanding). It was still in existence in the 1960’s as its second-generation descendant UNIVAC I. My father used to take me with him to work and hold me up to the card slot so I could feed the punch cards in.

Cite, please? My father personally worked on SWAC when he was with the engineering department at UCLA during the 1950’s. It is generally accepted to be the world’s first computer (Rube Goldbergish Babbage designs and ENIAC notwithstanding). It was still in existence in the 1960’s as its second-generation descendant UNIVAC I. My father used to take me with him to work and hold me up to the card slot so I could feed the punch cards in.

Here is better answer
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer#History_of_computing

A succession of steadily more powerful and flexible computing devices were constructed in the 1930s and 1940s, gradually adding the key features of modern computers, such as the use of digital electronics (largely invented by Claude Shannon in 1937)[3] and more flexible programmability.

Based on that article, I would personally accept the Z3 as meeting the qualifications necessary to be called a computer. So it looks like you were only off by 13 years. :thumb:

The computer isn't common for low income families until around late 90's.

Back