What would be your choice

Teppo

Reaction score
If you have to choose one of those cars, what would it be, and why?

Maserati 3200
GT Coupe 2000model

Mercedes-Benz ML
400 CDI AUTOM. AMG-STYLING 2002model

BMW X5
3,0 Sport 2006model

My son said, that I should buy BMW X5, my daughters said, that I shall buy Mercedes, but I thought that Maserati is the best car for old man like me. :roll:

I would get the one I could get the most money for and sell it on the spot. Use the money for more important things. I do not want to be a thief magnet, nor do I feel right about showing off. I would feel embarrassed driving one of these because I ought to be ashamed of myself for blowing such money and saying, "I live better than you." It doesn't have to be THAT loud.

I would take the Maserati but if your open to other options look at a E60 5 series BMW

none of the above......why? MAINTENANCE COST!

BMW annual maintenance is high
Mercedez annual maintenance is very high
Maserati annual maintenance is extremely high (IIRC the 3200 GT has a 3.2L Ferrari V8)

none of the above......why? MAINTENANCE COST!

BMW annual maintenance is high
Mercedez annual maintenance is very high
Maserati annual maintenance is extremely high (IIRC the 3200 GT has a 3.2L Ferrari V8)

My father takes his car to ex BMW mechanics and the cost of servicing is half the dealers cost, it not as unresonable as you think

My father takes his car to ex BMW mechanics and the cost of servicing is half the dealers cost, it not as unresonable as you think

OEM parts are high........autozone parts are cheap. I dont know about you, but Ive never seen a newer model BMW, Benz, or Maserati at a parts store...they tend to go to dealers because parts usually arent available.

Sure you can go to non-dealer mechanics for lower labor, but they still have to get the majority of their parts from a dealer.

Ex: door window trim molding for my 1999 Maxima - $100ish at the dealer per door
door trim molding for a 2003 BMW M3 - $426 per door at the dealer

Sports car, SUV, SUV? You can't really compare them!

Depends on what you want to do. Though I suppose if you're asking about whether to get an AMG Mercedes or a Maserati then running costs won't worry your bank account very much!

(if it was me and I had to pick one it would be between the Mercedes and the Maserati, probably Mercedes as it would be happier in a Canadian winter)

Sports car, SUV, SUV? You can't really compare them!

Depends on what you want to do. Though I suppose if you're asking about whether to get an AMG Mercedes or a Maserati then running costs won't worry your bank account very much!

(if it was me and I had to pick one it would be between the Mercedes and the Maserati, probably Mercedes as it would be happier in a Canadian winter)
Winter in Finland is like Canadian winter. Now I have two cars, but I don't need more than one.

I would get the one I could get the most money for and sell it on the spot. Use the money for more important things. I do not want to be a thief magnet, nor do I feel right about showing off. I would feel embarrassed driving one of these because I ought to be ashamed of myself for blowing such money and saying, "I live better than you." It doesn't have to be THAT loud.
You could have any kind of car here in Finland and don't have to be afraid about thiefs. Finland is so safe country. Very rich russians bought houses here, and when newsperson asked to russians, why they bougt houses here in Finland, they said that they feel safe, when they are here.
I have two cars, but need only one. Therefore I'm going to buy little better car that those two I have.:roll:

I would say the X5 because personally I like bmw's but I guess you should test drive all 3 and get what YOU like and what YOU feel comfortable in :) take into account your activities ..I like SUVs because I travel a lot and like to fit 5 people comfortably I'm my vehicle:)

Jag XKR-S Just because. ;)
I don't like Jaguar, even that XKR-S is a quite goodlooking car. Too expensive for me too. But If I were a rich man, and have to buy an english car, then it would be Aston Martin vantage. Because........:cool2:

I would say the X5 because personally I like bmw's but I guess you should test drive all 3 and get what YOU like and what YOU feel comfortable in :) take into account your activities ..I like SUVs because I travel a lot and like to fit 5 people comfortably I'm my vehicle:)
Many people said, that X5 is better that MB ML. But if I don't keep it for so long time, then MB has better resale value. It's so difficult to decide. :roll:

Wirelessly posted

Get what you like, you will be driving the vehicle. You can always test drive each of those vehicles at the dealer and pick the one you feel comfortable.

Some new plans. I don't buy a new car, and try get rid of those cars, that I have now. my sports car broke down in Russia, and I had to order a tow truck from Finland to get my car to auto repair shop in Finland. So I don't feel happy. So tired of everything. :(

Back