What was your first automobile?

First car was white 1995 Ford Tempo. Oooh I hate that car.. I traded that car to Subaru Outback.

Now, I have SUV, Cheverlot Trailblazer.

My very first car i had when i was in high school, a gift from my dad, was a
beautiful baby blue 1957 Chevrolet Impala!.....*sigh*...i miss that car! :tears:

Update:
1st car was 1992 Saturn SL2 4 door sedan (automatic) (totaled within about 4 months
2nd car was 1993 Saturn SW2 5 door Wagon (manual) loved it but totaled within 9 mos
3rd vehicle was 1995 Suzuki 600CC (motorcycle are manual lol) got ticketed and was rear-ended by other car at intersection, fixed it up and sold it.
4th car was 1995 Saturn SL2 4 door sedan (manual) loved it, had it for about 8 months and the mileage was a bit high and clutches start to worn out so trade-in few last Saturday...
5th car: trade-in my 4th car to 2004 Chevrolet Aveo 4 door small car (manual) cheapest and affordable, need a car that can survive me haha. Notice I own all cars within a year and sold, accident, etc but now hopefully my new car will last for long time ;)

My first car was an Olds Cutlass F-85. Lasted for a long drive.

Richard

My first vehicle was 1993 Ford Explorer and I still have it - for over 4 years! Heh!

Not a good picture; the color is faded (well, the picture IS over 30 yrs. old!). This was my first car, a 1968 VW bug convertible.

Attachments

• vwbug0001.JPG
    vwbug0001.JPG
    62.1 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
My first car was a 1983 Toyota Cressida which was a baby blue color. Then I got a 1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee Loredo (which is a gas guzzler).....now I have a white 1998 Toyota Camry LE. :)

My favorite of all the 3 cars I owned is the Camry, the one I have right now. :)

The first automobile I had was:

1991 Geo Storm but my Mom sold it when I went out of state college.

1989 Dodge Lancer, traded in for

1998 Saturn, coupe, then traded in for

2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee

I love the jeep!!

My first car was a 2000 Chev Impala, it was a nice car but traded it for a 1999 Ford F150 regular cab 4.6L V8 engine, and lifted as well.. Luv my truck, plan to do some upgrades pretty soon..

Autowiz said:
My first car is 68 Mercury Cougar, use it for 1 year and sold to my oldest brother, I bought 69 Pontiac GTO and still have it in my garage. it had been settle for long time.

that s smart ! lol. it wud be high valuable. why dont u hire chip foose to do the job on ur car ? :) Foose Rocks !

if you dont know who chip foose is, check www.chipfoose.com or his own tv show - http://www.chipfoose.com/shows.aspx

1- 81 blue buick regal (dad gave it to me when he got a new car in 88 or 89)

2- 89 blue volkswagon golf

3- 91 blue mazda protege

4- 94 white jeep grand cherokee

5- 98 black jeep grand cherokee (loaded)

In reading all these posts, it amazes me how many young people can afford so many nice cars. It took me a long time just to save the money I needed to buy my first car at age 22.

I didn't get to buy my first car until I was 26! I was just out of college then started working right away. Saved up for a year to get 1995 Toyota Camry XLE. I've had it for 6 years and I sold it a month ago. Broke my heart at first, but I got over it coz currently I'm driving a 2004 Toyota Highlander and loving it very much. :cool:

BIG HELLO KATZIE !

ahh highlander.. nice one. highlander hybrid should come out next yr.

deafclimber said:
BIG HELLO KATZIE !

ahh highlander.. nice one. highlander hybrid should come out next yr.
Wow, somebody sounds very happy today! BIG HELLO DEAFCLIMBER! :mrgreen:

Yes, I've heard about Highlander Hybrid in 2005. Won't make any difference for me because I drive on the highway a lot (65mph - 75mph). When will I ever drive under 35mph? LOL Hybrids are great for city drivers. :cool:

good point. i assume u live in rural area, correct ? i live in monster traffic everywhere in hotlanta. :( i know those ppl on roads bec i see them almost daily. :p also, i dont even understand those ppl having fancy sport cars with 6 speed in heavy traffic daily.

deafclimber said:
good point. i assume u live in rural area, correct ? i live in monster traffic everywhere in hotlanta. :( i know those ppl on roads bec i see them almost daily. :p also, i dont even understand those ppl having fancy sport cars with 6 speed in heavy traffic daily.
Actually, I live in the suburban area, but not as half as bad as yours LOL I live 15 miles north of Boston and my work is only 3 miles away from Boston, but most of the time I drive over 40mph depending on where I am. I know my routes too well. :mrgreen: Oh yes, I've seen plenty of people driving with sport cars around here and that's :crazy: Of course, they're here to show 'em off. :aw: I will bet they are doctors and lawyers!

My first car was a 1948 or 49 2 door Plymouth coupe with a three speed stick on the column. Never had a problem with it and it was soooo easy to tune up. Man, that was a fun car to drive! Got it for $200 bucks and 3-4 years later put new tires on it and sold it for $225 bucks, lol!

Last edited:
Katzie said:
Actually, I live in the suburban area, but not as half as bad as yours LOL I live 15 miles north of Boston and my work is only 3 miles away from Boston, but most of the time I drive over 40mph depending on where I am. I know my routes too well. :mrgreen: Oh yes, I've seen plenty of people driving with sport cars around here and that's :crazy: Of course, they're here to show 'em off. :aw: I will bet they are doctors and lawyers!

ahh got it... yea i live in downtown, but i love that place. my co worker and i do carpooling between homes and work. it saves us a lot of money.

Tousi said:
My first car was a 1948 or 49 2 door Plymouth coupe with a three speed stick on the column. Never had a problem with it and it was soooo easy to tune up. Man, that was a fun car to drive! Got it for $200 bucks and 3-4 years later put new tires on it and sold it for $225 bucks, lol!

that s cool... but it was not valuable ? bec the price remained the same after 3-4 yrs. i thought u wud invest that... i dont know much about plymouths cars values.

Back