What was your experience in starting a career?

Any reason why?

A few.

Teaching will slowly squeeze your soul like a python around your body, the more you try to breath the more it will tighten it's grip. By the time your in your 6 or so year you a shell of your former self.
Heed my words young Merlin......
As for social work. It's worse all round. And it will crush you even worse. A thankless career you will be in between the cops and the rest, "soft cops" is one term for them. Though you may be driven by a impulse to help and be sincere. The machine and coldest of cold monsters the state will as a vampire suck your living soul from you.....
Heed me, Merlin.........
I've seen the walking shells of those who stumbled down those paths.....to ruin......to exhaustion.....for nothing

Now go find the grail.......and pinch some nice asses along the way and have fun

A few.

Teaching will slowly squeeze your soul like a python around your body, the more you try to breath the more it will tighten it's grip. By the time your in your 6 or so year you a shell of your former self.
Heed my words young Merlin......
As for social work. It's worse all round. And it will crush you even worse. A thankless career you will be in between the cops and the rest, "soft cops" is one term for them. Though you may be driven by a impulse to help and be sincere. The machine and coldest of cold monsters the state will as a vampire suck your living soul from you.....
Heed me, Merlin.........
I've seen the walking shells of those who stumbled down those paths.....to ruin......to exhaustion.....for nothing

Now go find the grail.......and pinch some nice asses along the way and have fun

Lol.. I imagined you saying all that in Yoda's voice.

But I will definately take it into consideration.

Some folks do well as teachers or social workers and love that field - so it's not always a soul crushing kind of job. What matters is how you are personality wise and your own soul if you can handle/deal with that type of work. Only you can decide that not somebody off the internet.

Hang in there- I've been looking for almost 18 months now since I lost my last job. Times are tough all around. Try taking courses (free or otherwise) in things that interest you and may lead to a career or job- that will show them you are at least keeping yourself busy too.

it is like a wrong time and a wrong place for some of us. that sucks.

some of us, who don't speak well but earns around 50k to 120k a year or so.

Tuscany is a young lad.
The easy ticket for him to get old fat and walking dead is to be a teacher with no soul or a social worker who steals souls
He should live his life while he's young now.

Never dreamed I would be in the Newspaper business...but got some training as a Teletype operator in HS...it wasn't easy to find a job tho'....but once I got more experience with a small newspaper, then I relocated to a big city...and the better (much better) $$....Now I've retired...but have worked at other businesses also, even going into the Thrift Shop business (co-partner)...Bed & Breakfast....Restaurants (part time)....even a factory, which lasted 2 weeks....(never again)....

It's not easy getting your foot into the door, as I had to be determined, even somewhat "pushy"...

Good Luck!...Will and determination is the key, learn as much as you can about the business that you want to become an employee...

Some people dare to change their socks and some people dare to change the world.
It takes all of us. Reading history after a while you say to yourself, "Why didn't that guy just ease up a little bit and enjoy the sunshine? Have a nice day do nothing but smile a lot." Oh hell no can't have that. If every man in the world stayed home for a day and did nothing much that would be the one day in history there was world peace.

What kind of personal goals do you have? That is a good place to start.
You say you have done a lot of things. Sometime nothing is really good for you it works out to what can you stand for a while? I agree with hoichi really. When you are young it is good to get out and about and do different things enjoy your life. What ever you do for work figure on working harder at it than the people around you.

I think we all have been prejudiced at one point or another for our hearing loss/deafness. It's part of life. One important aspect in starting a career is knowledge of what works and what doesn't work.

I'm in the writing field not only because I love writing (one of my top passions), but it also is a field that doesn't require oral communication and hearing for success. It doesn't require much accommodation. I've communicated with hearing co-workers and supervisors just fine through e-mail, text, and instant message. I don't mind doing data entry either as I have strong computer proficiency and fast typing skills.

I've met several deaf/hard of hearing persons who have discovered careers in which they have used the situation to their advantage. For instance photography and graphic design--those persons have had amazing amounts of creativity through visual mediums. One deaf friend of mine excelled in woodwork (i.e., building wood furniture, bird houses, et cetera). Another deaf friend has a thing for construction and remodeling (i.e., installing carpet, tiles, painting, roofing) and his hearing co-workers have learned how to gesture with him.

Back