What was the last movie you watched?

that's the one!

I went to Les Miserables. It was REALLY long, but actually kind of good. I think you have to go into it thinking you're going to be in the movie theater FOREVER, and then you start to like the movie. :P

[REC] 3
^^ Streamed this for FREE via Amazon Prime.
I've had amazon Prime for nearly a whole year and this is the first week I've taken advantage of the Movies they offer. Apparently they do not offer captions.
There's around 300+ foreign movies with subtitles however.

Underworld - Awakening
I was going to be witty and rename it Underworld - Sleeping but it's not THAT dull. I've watched all the Underworld films and they're OK. They're silly amusing films IMO. It also helps that this film is quite short. And I'm a soft touch for action heroines that remind me of Trinity:naughty:

Wirelessly posted

I just finished watching 'A Thousand Words'. Although I have always enjoyed Eddie Murphy's humor and clever acting (though not his habit for foul language) I however found this very disappointing and very insulting. As there are only 2 scenes where he actually attempts to use some form of sign. Most of the time he just doesn't open his mouth and makes no attempt to communicate, among other things such as the reference to Deaf-mute.. :-(

i watched twilight breaking dawn part 2 and it was good not he best out od the series but good

Saw The Hobbit the other day. A welcome return to Middle Earth as I'm a real Tolkein Fan but...... it's waaaaay too long, it coulda done with half hour editing out of it...
Mind you, it wasn't the ideal viewing experience - in a packed cinema and the woman in front of me brings her dinner with her..... she spent two hours gnawing on a whole roast chicken.
I've no issue with people chowing down on popcorn, hotdogs etc, after all, you kinda expect it - but who brings their evening dinner to the pictures???!!

Saw The Hobbit the other day. A welcome return to Middle Earth as I'm a real Tolkein Fan but...... it's waaaaay too long, it coulda done with half hour editing out of it...
Mind you, it wasn't the ideal viewing experience - in a packed cinema and the woman in front of me brings her dinner with her..... she spent two hours gnawing on a whole roast chicken.
I've no issue with people chowing down on popcorn, hotdogs etc, after all, you kinda expect it - but who brings their evening dinner to the pictures???!!
People who want to save money on overcharged popcorns, etc. Once or twice I brought delicious gyro with me but I finished eating it because I didn't want to eat it cold while waiting for the movie to start. :lol: Whole roast chicken? No shit!

People who want to save money on overcharged popcorns, etc. Once or twice I brought delicious gyro with me but I finished eating it because I didn't want to eat it cold while waiting for the movie to start. :lol: Whole roast chicken? No shit!

:lol:

lol, that's really weird!

Seeking a freind for the end of the world

abit up from average

Last edited:
I'm watching SubUrbia at the moment
I remember renting this when it first came out and not being a fan.
Here, I'm watching it nearly 15 years later and still, I'm not impressed.
Probably Richard Linklater's weakest film.

Extended report on my previously watched film "Seeking a freind for the end of the world
"

, some funnies in the beginning...it got more serious towards the end, and actually a little frighteningly realistic at the end...
which prompt many thoughts about this film and how it provoked me thinking, oh more than that, it challenged my feelings too!!

this is one of the rare film which have combination of fear, hope, regret, sense of founding, all jubbled into one hard piece, quite an acheievement for a film, any film for that matter!

I liked it

but honestly, while its not flawless, i still feel its feelings of hopelessness that people on earth, it showed many just carry on as so nothing going to happen, (denial), cult followings, or lots of people at the beach just holidaying like there no more to do, but live the best they can, interestingly it didnt show much mobbing, or mass robbing orr such, so in that instance its' flawed...but i suppose, ...as a romance kind of genre it had to keep it at that...not a stylise taratino mix, its a quite Midnight Shalamaya style mix...which is excellent because it shows skiills of dialougne, scripts, actors, cuttings, editing without relying on frivilous SFX to achieve an effect that even a SFX would not even have helped.

So when you watch it, forgive it, but let your thoughts not go 'wild' but go broaded, be honest, and you'd be surprised its actaully quite good. I wasnt feeling comfortable at the very end, and that's just about right, bittersweet was giving a new meaning, in a twisted way. even death was something sprung to mind, different ways of looking at it...

i liked it,
its not a B movie, its not an A movie, but it's an A-grade B movie.

Earth (2007)
Feature-length version of the documentary TV series Planet Earth, following the migration paths of four animal families.

Back