What was the last movie you watched?

round 12
identify theif
die hard (5) if I m not mistaken its about dad and son

Its been about a year since I've gone to watch a movie but the last one was "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo". Excellent!

Which version? US or Sweden?

I think Sweden version is better than US version.

saw "World War Z" in town, it was a one-off for me to go, as it was a subtitled 'special screening' the film started off good...but towards the end it got boring...promising at first, but im so sick of hollywood's treatment of appplying the same old cycle of Equilibrium the disequilibrium.then return or restoration...its just BORING...or even the 'hinting of a sequel aren't very clever either :( id liken to see a more mix of Woody Allen' style mix in hitchcock, and some more Scay Scary towards the end, not the corridors of predictability shit...like why did plane landed so close to the facutly, just irrated me too hollywoodyish predictable-insulting-the-audience shit...grrrr

Wirelessly posted

I watched The Call and Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters

i like them very much. what an action! also, i dont realize the job in the movie, The Call, is pretty harder to me. damn...

Wirelessly posted

I watched The Call and Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters

i like them very much. what an action! also, i dont realize the job in the movie, The Call, is pretty harder to me. damn...

then that film the Call, is good value, quite a feat to add entertainment value to something we all take for granted, 'emergency calls' ingenious!

Which version? US or Sweden?

I think Sweden version is better than US version.

I have not seen the Swedish version only the US version. Isn't the Swedish version titled, "Män som hatar kvinnor", or is that only the original book?

I have not seen the Swedish version only the US version. Isn't the Swedish version titled, "Män som hatar kvinnor", or is that only the original book?

Yes, it's the title. However, it's released in US version which called The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2009) - IMDb.

Sweden version already released 2 sequels after The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. US version planned to have sequel.

Unfortunately, author of the book was going to write 4th book, but he passed away before he could finish it.

Wirelessly posted

Lone Ranger and Man of Steel, yes you guessed it - School holidays. I go to the cinemas purely for the family's sake - for the outing and for the atmospheric experience not for getting anything out of the movie itself (No CC). I usually patiently wait to watch it again on DVD to get any sense out of it.

It seems in the last few years we keep getting these superhero/comic book movies all the time...Botti, I remember you mentioned about seeing The Lone Ranger. What did you end up thinking about it?

Last movie I saw was Cloud Atlas.

It seems in the last few years we keep getting these superhero/comic book movies all the time...Botti, I remember you mentioned about seeing The Lone Ranger. What did you end up thinking about it?

Last movie I saw was Cloud Atlas.

I actually loved it. Lots of action, and Johnny Depp is a fascinating character actor.

Wirelessly posted

Lone Ranger and Man of Steel, yes you guessed it - School holidays. I go to the cinemas purely for the family's sake - for the outing and for the atmospheric experience not for getting anything out of the movie itself (No CC). I usually patiently wait to watch it again on DVD to get any sense out of it.

What town do you live in? I know even in Canberra which isn't that huge they have captioned movies.

Maybe you need to find out where the caption theaters in your area are.

Here, now any movie can be captioned. They just set it electronically for any movie, and you put it in the cup holder and captions start with the main feature.

I just saw The Hammer. I was surprised to find the dvd in my local library. I thought it was good but I was disappointed about some of the camera angles. Sometimes people would be signing, but someone felt the scene would be better shot from behind, so you couldn't watch them sign, you had to read captions instead.

Superman 1-4 and Superman Returns
I like Superman even more now after watching them. I'm looking forward to checking out Man of Steel.

Wayne's World
No comment. I was distracted by my phone while the movie is playing and I missed a lot of dialogues. I don't know whether I liked it or not, even though I did when I was a kid.

Wayne's World 2
Now I like this movie. I especially loved "An Officer and The Gentlemen" reference in it.

WarGames
It's an okay movie, but I don't believe it's as good as everyone said in reviews I read. Though I like the concept but I don't like how the story flow.

Spider-Man 2
I was gonna watch the first one, but my DVD player (and my dad's DVD player) said, "ERROR." It's weird because I see nothing wrong with the disc. Anyway, I went ahead and watch SM2. I haven't seen it since it came out on DVD and it's way better than what I remembered. Man, it's so good that I really want to watch the first and the third one.

Took the Missus to see Despicable Me 2 a while back. I was a bit meh about it, but she loved it!
Pacific Rim is out next week I think, so I'm going to see that for sure. Giant Robots are right up my stret, and Guilliarmo Del Toro can do no wrong in my book :)

saw "World War Z" in town, it was a one-off for me to go, as it was a subtitled 'special screening' the film started off good...but towards the end it got boring...promising at first, but im so sick of hollywood's treatment of appplying the same old cycle of Equilibrium the disequilibrium.then return or restoration...its just BORING...or even the 'hinting of a sequel aren't very clever either :( id liken to see a more mix of Woody Allen' style mix in hitchcock, and some more Scay Scary towards the end, not the corridors of predictability shit...like why did plane landed so close to the facutly, just irrated me too hollywoodyish predictable-insulting-the-audience shit...grrrr

Really? Are we watching the same movie? Lol. I liked the movie and thought the plane crash was awesome. Yeah I know the convenience of landing close to the facility but its a movie and they got to another major part of the film which was the facility. The way the zombies moved was really freaky! It was different from any other zombie movies or tv shows which is cool.

Took the Missus to see Despicable Me 2 a while back. I was a bit meh about it, but she loved it!
Pacific Rim is out next week I think, so I'm going to see that for sure. Giant Robots are right up my stret, and Guilliarmo Del Toro can do no wrong in my book :)

Just saw Pacific Rim last Saturday....it was awesome! My 9 year old and me had a great time. Story was good enough and the little girl's acting was great so watch out for her as its a major reveal in the film!

Back