What u doin on a Sunday afternoon?

no flour in it? interesting! I dont mind giving it a try! I love peppermint, cream cheese and icing sugar. do they taste like candy??

No flour.

If I recall my memory correctly, it would be 3 ounces (roughly 90 g, I think) of light cream cheese. It's best to go with the Philadelphia brand. Then put in around 1/4 to almost 1/2 teaspoon of peppermint extract. Too much can ruin the whole thing. For the mixer bowl, add the cream cheese, peppermint extract and a couple drops of the food colour (green or any of your choice). Mix it at speed 2 for 30 to a minute, or until smooth.

Then add 4 1/4 to 4 1/2 cups of icing sugar... gradually to the mixer. Just a warning, it may get messy right there with all the icing sugar. If you do it slowly and carefully, you won't make much of a mess. Mix it until it's stiff.

Take it out and roll them together into balls, roll them down and use the cookie cutters, or just roll them into small ball, press them down using a fork.

Put them on wax sheet on the trays and put in the fridge.

I think that's how you make it. Haha.

Yummy. I found the recipe.. Is that right recipe??

Creamy No- Cook Mints / No bake Mint Cookies, Recipe Creamy No- Cook Mints / No bake Mint Cookies

Creamy No Cook Mints / No bake Mint Cookies

This recipe is adapted from my Kitchen Aid catalog.

Ingredients
3 ounces light cream cheese1/4 tsp mint extract2 drops green food color4 1/4 to 4 1/2 cups powdered sugar

Directions
Place cream cheese, mint extract, and food color in mixer bowl and beat until smooth. Gradually add powdered sugar and mix until mixture becomes very stiff. Shape mixture into 3/4 inch balls,using 1 tbs for each ball. Roll in superfine sugar. Place on waxed paper covered with superfine sugar. Flatten slightly with thumb to form 1/4 inch thick patties or cut in any shapes with cookie cutters.Store mints, tightly covered, in refrigerator or freeze them..

Yes, that's the one. :)

dang i wish i knew about it that i would make one last friday at my x mas party.. i guess i ll try this week but as a parent works with santa this week too. so if i fail then i can make one after x mas and maybe make it in blue color. :hmm:

dang i wish i knew about it that i would make one last friday at my x mas party.. i guess i ll try this week but as a parent works with santa this week too. so if i fail then i can make one after x mas and maybe make it in blue color. :hmm:

I want to make more using raspberry extract and red food colouring instead next time and see how they turn out!

Wirelessly posted

My plans from yesterday got cancelled due to bad timing. I ended up ordering a pizza w chicken wings, watching my Patriot win against GB whoohoo!!!

I want to make more using raspberry extract and red food colouring instead next time and see how they turn out!

Interesting thoughts!! I think it should tastes good. can the chocolate chip on it? will it ruin the flavors?? :hmm:

Wirelessly posted

My plans from yesterday got cancelled due to bad timing. I ended up ordering a pizza w chicken wings, watching my Patriot win against GB whoohoo!!!

sorry but we got good pizza, wings and meatball from wegman's. yummy!

Interesting thoughts!! I think it should tastes good. can the chocolate chip on it? will it ruin the flavors?? :hmm:

Well.... I think that might be tricky to do because of the texture. I wouldn't recommend it. Although you might try experimenting with it by melting the chips and make strips on a few cookies to sample.

If you melt the chocolate, (chocolate bark works better) put it spread on wax paper, then after hardening or freezing, spread the cream cheese mint on top it would work.

If you melt the chocolate, (chocolate bark works better) put it spread on wax paper, then after hardening or freezing, spread the cream cheese mint on top it would work.

That's an idea right there. Seems like we should form a club for the deaf bakers. Haha!

Well.... I think that might be tricky to do because of the texture. I wouldn't recommend it. Although you might try experimenting with it by melting the chips and make strips on a few cookies to sample.

Oh Thanks for the tips. I just printed out the recipe. I hope i ll do it on friday on my day off. Thanks!

Wirelessly posted

Whoo-hoo! High-five!!! Go Patriots!!!!

No teaching class this evening due to the snow. Yay!

I am done drawing a lot of a Santa Claus with cats (with their wings) on a blank card, which I just sent out to my good friends.
Baking homemade Chocolate chip cookies!
I will make some for Xmas party, Banjo. It sounds like fun! :ty: for sharing!

Don't speak English? Banjo and his wife made cookies. Went to party. People at the party liked the cookies.

What is hard for you?
You're funny! lol I know that was kinda stupid. lol Im still learning all the buttons on this site.

Seems ok. Got a recipe for us? And not involving the coyotes you were enthusing about earlier!

I wouldn't have eaten the coyotes anyway. They were nuisance coyotes so my dad shot them (which is legal in Arkansas). I had to go out and gather them into the back of the truck and I disposed of them. Both coyotes had mange. One was a male and the other was a female. The female looked underweight so I am thinking she had some sort of parasite. She did not appear to be lactating so I am not concerned about any cubs.

However some of the recipes I would recommend are:
Pumpkin Rolls
Pumpkin Bread
Mud Buddies/Puppy Chow
Homemade Butterfinger Bites

All are well worth the effort.

Back