What to expect

mackiki

Reaction score
So I spent some time today looking online to try to find out what to expect from the hearing aids when I get them in 2 weeks. I then thought it would probably be best to get it from people who have been there. So I am posing this question here. What should I expect? I am sure it is different for everyone but maybe I could get an idea. Thank u.

Expect that it will take at least a month to really get used to them. If they are uncomfortable make sure they are fit properly. Depending on how long you have been without hearing, everything is going to be REALLY loud. Assuming you will get programmable digitals, plan on at least 4 sessions to get them set properly. Keep notes of what you like and don't like about your setting to help your audi program them.

Thanks. I am thinking it has been a few years since I started to lose my hearing. I'm just a little nervous.

I didn't need a month to get used to it. Try a few weeks...but do keep a notebook to jot down any adjustements you need so you don't forget by the time of your appointment. Things should be clearer, maybe a little louder. You'll probably hear things you haven't in a while...it should be a fun experience for you.

Laura

I am very encouraged by the support I have gotten here. The past few weeks I have felt very alone. All of a sudden things have gotten very different. I am guessing its when it got worse. Having an idea what I am facing makes it easier to deal with.

Back